PDA

View Full Version : Spanish FTO'S: Which one to choose?

B-737
28th Mar 2008, 22:49
Hello everybody, i don't speak spanish and i would like to have some feedbacks of these schools in spain in english please:

aerofan , topfly, aerodynamics, aeromadrid ,gestair

Is there anyone here that have tryed these schools?

Thank you

Trismegistro
31st Mar 2008, 00:40
I can't really help you about those schools, but as far as I know, Top Fly only makes courses in english for collectives of people, that is, I'm afraid you can't study in english by yourself, but that's what I got from reading their website, you should give them a call.

Giggey
31st Mar 2008, 13:49
Hi
As far as i know FTE flight training europe based in jerez is the best one which gives you also placing opportunities.

Stay away from Airmed Valencia

bye

Trismegistro
31st Mar 2008, 16:22

Agreed, I had a chat with a few students and none of them was happy with their choice. Besides, all those unconfirmed issues with payment can't be good.

mistral_e
1st Apr 2008, 08:02
gestair

Gestair. Flight Instructor with more than 1.000 hours and experience in a previous Flight School, nice salary so they will be more relaxed and you will enjoy to fly with a non-stressed pilot and nice fleet.

Good Luck

girolat_b
1st Apr 2008, 08:08

bye

Yeah, indeed stay out of there.

My personal opinion is Top Fly in Barcelona. Nice area and atmosphere

Cheers

flystar58
8th Apr 2008, 17:06
de que promocion eras?

yellowsubmarine
10th Apr 2008, 15:29
No actual experience as of yet, i'm off to Aerofan next week to do the instrument rating.

However one observation I have from the posts above is that, it depends if you are wanting to go modular or Intergrated....

If you are going intergrated I would suggest FTE Jerez or Adventia in Salamanca although I hear they are fairly booked up.

Your modular options are Aerodynamics (Malaga), very popular but personally I dont think malaga is the greatest place to live.

In Madrid you have: American Flyers (owned by gestair), Aerofan, Aero Madrid, Aeromed, (by the sounds of it not the best option), topfly (barcelona), and a few more.

As you dont speak Spanish I can suggest Aerofan as they have a very nice English chap, who deals with international bookings and they seem to be setup well to cater for English students. However if you do choose them I suggest arranging your own accomodation. (www.idealista.com (http://www.idealista.com))

tottoroo
13th Apr 2008, 16:11
Does anyone have a glue, what's the salary for Flight instructor in Spain or in Portugal???

CrazyBlonde
12th May 2008, 20:16
I would like to know why you are all saying to stay away from AIRMED?? it doenst seem to be a bad place at all. If your guys have only negative things to say, then I would be really pleased to hear them from you. SInce I am considering doing my education with AIRMED!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Giggey
12th May 2008, 20:19
Just go there, stop a student, take him far from the school and ask him about it.
be carefull, MARKETING can be a big beast!

and don't say you haven't been advised :)

good luck with your career

Zitoon
13th May 2008, 19:26
hello/Hola

is there someone who can tell me about the integrated(-platinium) course at aéromadrid??

How is this FTO reknown with airlines?

Kind regards, Gracias

despegue
14th May 2008, 01:23
Big changes happening at Airmed: the new Head of Training is a former chief Pilot of Iberia and TRE A340.
I have absolutely no doubt that this gentleman has the aim to make Airmed again the top-school it was, back in 2001, 2002. I know him personally and he is the best Spain has to offer.

Giggey
14th May 2008, 08:15
Not bad at all. did Oc__vio went back to work on the fields?

i'll never forget his sentence.." my dear, my license is in the pocket"...my god!

cheers

pablo2973
14th May 2008, 11:41
If money no object , go for aerodynamics malaga , they have good training and reputation all over Europe and hey speak english as well.
Do not come to Madrid, we dont even have an arifield with instrument procedure , ILS or VOR.
your best bet aerodynamics!!!

pablo
15th May 2008, 06:26
Giggey,

Not bad at all. did Oc__vio went back to work on the fields?

Oc__vio "On The Rocks" McFly?
Last news I've got from him is that he got TRI privileges for the tailwheel King Air :E . Now Airmed can be TRTO :D

Despegue... I hope this new CFI doesn´t leave fed up of managament as everyone else did. The school has one of the best locations and conditions to be a good school. It depends on the attitude of managament, either go cheap and sloppy, or start doing things right and aim for quality.

I think Airmed has a lot to do and demonstrate before they deserve any credit again. They have a lot of hard work to do, and a change of attitude is a must too.
They have done too much harm to students and employees in the past.

Regards / Pablo

yellowsubmarine
17th May 2008, 22:05
Aerodynamics may well be the best in Spain, however, living in Malaga for any period of time would be hell to me but each to their own.

I am in Madrid at the moment and the latest word on the grapevine (bear in mind that alot of bull**** goes around between the schools here at cuatro vientos) is that Aeromadrid are in finacial trouble. Not sure if its true or not but be careful: the platinum course is a a huge finacial investment.

YS

moonburn
22nd May 2008, 10:53
Anyone had success negotiating on this one ?
The acceptable method for school and student concerned is to simply stay in credit and we all know that large amounts up front are a real no - no where flying training is concerned.
ADM state in their info that 50% is their requirement, is this just standard blurb or do they insist upon it ?

B-737
22nd May 2008, 19:59
By the way , I would also like to know please if an OACI PPL is recognized in Spain in order to do the training in Spain to get the CPL+IR?
Thank you

B-737
22nd May 2008, 21:08
By the way , I would also like to know please if an OACI PPL is recognized in Spain in order to do the training in Spain to get the CPL+IR?
Thank you

girolat_b
1st Sep 2009, 17:24
It's quite sad to see nothing has changed. Too depressive indeed !
Sometimes you become scared about a nice flight school with a nice potential which has been practically destroyed from poor management and investment.

I hope man after your last message you didn't make any mistake and you selected another one because a month later a new incident was experienced thanks to those genius in charge to manage this FTO.

Airmed staff , how long are you going to wait before to find a solution to your flight school situation ?

How long before you are going to face your first victims?

How long your FIs will save your company from a serious DGAC inspections ?

How long will you keep going with your strange operations ?

-----------------------------------------------------

Web page made from ex-students, FIs, employees giving serious warnings about this Flight School safety and reliability:

Airmed Warning (http://www.cuidadoconairmed.com/)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Final investigation about 12th June 2008 PA-34 Incident in LEVC (Again congratulations to the FI for the nice job made and lifes saved.No thanks to the Airmed's managers):

Investigation (http://www.fomento.es/NR/rdonlyres/F721C937-F5AC-4838-883D-AA7E4BCBBF49/41363/2006_Boletin_06.pdf)

Page 51-55
PA-34 LEVC-LEVC
EC-HIS
12/06/2008

elturbi
2nd Sep 2009, 05:51
HI B737:
Well actually they should recongnize ICAO PPL, but as far I know all will depends on the "manager on duty" at Spanish Civil Aviation.
I convert my ATPL ICAO to ATPL JAR at Aerofan, it worked very good for me, they had a lot of people coming from South America and so, and they know all the process to do so, I recommend you to call them they can assist you
Happy Landings