PDA

View Full Version : EK Accomodation

Angostura
18th Feb 2001, 20:08
Anyone able to advise on the quality of the villas supplied by Emirates. How much space do you get, is the privacy OK, can you change if you don't like what you're given. Any help would be much appreciated in helping me make the do I don't I decision. Thanks

411A
19th Feb 2001, 00:23
No recent information, although a few years ago it was...."take what you are given" with little leeway to negotiate. Could be different now however, especially if management comes to their collective senses and decides that DE Captains are REALLY needed.

flygirl28
19th Feb 2001, 09:49
Nice to see 411A that you are your usual constructive self in reply to Emirates threads. As usual just trying to get a reaction.
Angostura, don't think that you can choose, however all the villas i've seen are fantastic, with most of them being less than 3 years old. If you've been offered it take it, it will not be something that you regret.

wonderbusdriver
22nd Feb 2001, 21:29
I second that!

Unless you have the right connections at EK itīs definitely "take it, or leave it" - they tell you that in the interview, right away!
(Btw you shold have seen the accomodation during the interview)

Once they offer you the job, and you go down there, become established etc. you might very carefully try to get into a different accomodation...
Theyīll also change the type they put you on at the last minute (like in most companies!!) - and you better just take it and not ask why.

They definitely donīt like people that "quarrel" - fly the plane when you are told and shut-up.
With the right "attitude" you can be very happy in the DXB.

[This message has been edited by wonderbusdriver (edited 23 February 2001).]

Boroko Baron
25th Feb 2001, 13:10
The best thing about the accomodation is the rental, council and uility charges. When I find my last invoice I will post it for you to see how much better it is to where most of us came from.

skydrolsniffer
25th Feb 2001, 14:03
Most of the drivers I know in EK don't really have a lot to complain about, accomodation is not perfect but streets ahead of the dumps they put their engineers into!!!

Seeyouentee
2nd Mar 2001, 21:06
Angostura, EK accom is more than adequate. Most of the new intakes have been going into 4 bed/2bath villas. That is, if you are married with kids. If you single or married without kids the policy is to put you in a 3 bedroom flat. The flats are normally a good standard too and most have maids quarters. There isn`t any choice when you get here. Company allocates accom and that is that. You can go on a waitlist for a different flat/villa. May take up to two years to change and company will charge you what it costs them to refurbish the place you left up to 10 000 dirhams. Is still worth it if you are here long term and wish to keep family happy. All accom comes fully furnished and company pay all utilities. Most have access to pool, gym and tennis.

comeflywithme
7th Mar 2001, 18:51
Angostura
Ek accomodation varies on whether you are married with kids or if you are single. To tell you the truth the accomodation is brilliant. All utilities paid for and you get a choice of furnishings. If you wish to change you are waitlisted but they are quite good to try and supply you with what you want. Transport to and from work is supplied for you. You couldnt ask for a nicer place to stay.Hope this helps

411a...looks like your dying to get into EK as DE Captain because no one else will take old foggies like you anywhere else.
Sorry mate but try and breath.

Tram-Boy
15th Mar 2001, 08:53
My advice would be take what you are given straight up, haven't seen a shabby one yet....there may be other opportunities down the track. Stay positive & enjoy!!