PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways looking for A300 drivers

Dan6
9th Feb 2001, 18:51
Anybody tell me about this airline ,Whats the pay for A300 F/O,working condations,is it like Emirates,and how is live in general in DOHA,
Thank you
Flt Intrhttp://www.flightinternational.com/fijobsfra.html

[This message has been edited by Dan6 (edited 09 February 2001).]

Thrush
9th Feb 2001, 21:22
Dreadful !!

Nothing at all like Emirates. Doha is small, dirty and the Qataris are the most arrogant bunch in the Gulf. And that's saying something !

Give it a wide berth mate.

Dan6
9th Feb 2001, 21:51
Thanks Thrush
any idea about the 1yr F/O pay, Monthly flying hours, future P1 upgrade ,and the treatment in general.

flygirl28
10th Feb 2001, 14:00
Doha itself isn't that bad. Have lived there and would do again, it's just way behind somewhere like the Emirates in terms of facilities and things to do, however it is changing.
Wish i could tell you great things about the airline though, i'm sure that there are worse, and i wouldn't be able to comment on how the treatment of flight deck is as was working down at the back!!!
All in all, there are better places to end up!

Illuminating
15th Feb 2001, 05:38
Hi Dan 6

If you are looking for a place were people are so f**** up, go to Doha (Qatar).
Rich country, but tight-fisted Airline!!!

colt steel
15th Feb 2001, 10:48
Only pass through Doha a couple of times a week...nor do i venture into town...but boy it looks good from 20,000ft!!!!!!

But all jokes aside suppose youve got to give it a go,like granny used to say..."if your not in you cant win "!!!! Must admit doesnt that flygirl28 sound a bit of alright!!!!!!

God bless the fight attendent

------------------

gulf-crew
18th Feb 2001, 00:01
Agree with flygirl28 lived their which was not that bad, and would go back again, most of the flight deck crew were great guys to work with from a cabin crew position.
As for the comp wish I could also tell you great things. Anyway good luck but their are better places as flygirl28 says. you should try ek heard great things

Dan6
18th Feb 2001, 08:06
Thanks guys...I think I will give it a try.
cheers....

SIUYA
18th Feb 2001, 13:22
Dan6,

This airline has a not-too-happy record in respect of how it treats it's people. By all means try it, but don't be surprised if what you're offered is totally different to what you actually experience once you get there!

Lot's of totally unhappy campers have 'decamped' (and been given the shove at VERY short notice too) in this (so-called) airline's short, turbulent, and rather unhappy history!

gulf-crew
19th Feb 2001, 15:14
Dan6 let us know how you get on, what you think of qatar scareways and the man at the top snack bar the baker

Tintin
23rd Feb 2001, 13:47
Dan6
Let me be honest with you and it will surprise most of the poeple Qatar Airways treat me very good they did lot's of mistakes in the past, and they still do. But they do there best to correct it, they went through a big change in the management. They are look forward for improvement. Verdic I love it.

For Doha it's another story quiet, to quiet, they want to have some tourist, and the Asian game in 2006 so they prepare themself little by little by opening the country slowly. To give you and idea of how it is here, my wife and I were very excited a few months ago because of the openning of a new shopping center WOW.Doha is a safe place to live but if you need the police, you need a translator and you have to meet them in a well know place because they don't know the street name. One day I try and I finaly gave up. Lot's of amazing story like that. In one year in Doha you can write a novel and make alot of $$$ I'm sure.If you like water sport it's a good place. Verdic hummm...

Salary average 5800$ per month
including medical. 45 days of per annum.

gulf-crew
24th Feb 2001, 18:02
Tintin

what do you mean that they make a lot of mistakes, they always have done in the past and in the future as long as they have that snack bar the baker in charge they will never be able to keep their crews I heard so many complaints from all sides. And by all accounts its still happening, sacking people for no reason and demotion as well.

As for doha yep I loved my time their but got out before I became insane with the company.

CaptChaos
1st Mar 2001, 11:24
Just the other day while on the ramp in Doha waiting for pax I saw the snake the baker running like a raving maniac from aircraft to aircraft shouting to the groundstaff looking like a right plonker. Thank God I don't work for those guys because I would'nt last long.
He almost caused an accident on the ramp driving his flashy BMW 4x4 like a total moron. No sence of respect for anything.

gulf-crew
2nd Mar 2001, 13:55
QATAR SCAREWAYS give it a wide berth esp if snack bar is still in charge wait until he gets committed

pontius's pa
2nd Mar 2001, 20:05
Not the sort of airline you'd want on your CV, old boy.

EXFOI
3rd Mar 2001, 16:13
To all,

Firstly Tintin;

Don't know how long you've been in the dustbowl, but if you reckon this airline is a good thing then God help you!

The CEO (variously named in this forum) is a mercurial little S.O.B. who has 5/8ths of the sqrt of F**K ALL of any knowledge whatsoever about running an airline. The so-called airline started its demise basically about 2 seconds after its inception due the management style of Shk HBA. After he got the toss from some more powerful Sheiks (i.e. HBJ & co), "Snackbar" got appointed. All downhill after that I'm afraid!

Aside from some sertious conflict-of-interest problems involving "Snackbar" (he was still technically employed by the regulatory authority), the (so-called) airline's management continued to display that it was totally devoid of ANY understanding of regulatory compliance/safety management/HRM/risk management etc etc. The whole sorry little saga probably better described as "Never mind the quality.......feel the width".

The whole situation wasn't helped by the antics of the management (oxymoron here) of the local regulatory authority. The Director simply went ahead and "rubber-stamped" everything wanted by this tragic excuse of an international airline. His 'compliant' attitude to the airlines requests during '97-'98 was really very worrying indeed.........totally ignored his staff and simply issued authorisation for everything the airline requested, and it resulted in the airline being completely unregulated, and in reality, totally out-of-control. If you want the REAL truth about this shambolic little outfit............look at the consequences of the disastrous A300-600 RTO in Dhaka in '98. I don't think the findings of this sorry little episode have ever been published!!! Everything was swept under the carpet, and the investigation totally frustrated by interference/threats/etc. etc. from "Snackbar" & co. This episode was an accident, hence the effort by "Snackbar" to downplay it to an incident at ALL costs so as to avoid embarrassing publicity and serious loss-of-face. Probably saved the airline a fortune in insurance premiums too!

Pontius' Pa is right.......DON'T GO NEAR THIS OUTFIT!

[This message has been edited by EXFOI (edited 04 March 2001).]

Ivan aromer
6th Mar 2001, 01:46
Cant be all that bad can it?
There is a recruitment agency in UK who paint all sorts of glowing pictures (hmmm suppose they do have an axe to grind)But to date have yet to come up with any idea of an interview date.