PDA

View Full Version : mod 2 loss of motivation....help

gd123
27th Mar 2008, 20:09
Ok, I nailed mod one with bristol, studied like a mad man and nailed every exam, mod 2 im worried, total loss of motivation, im getting an average of between 80-85% on question bank, is this enough to get me through, got exams in 10 days

maxdrypower
27th Mar 2008, 20:14
Doesnt sound like loss of motivation ,more like pre exam nerves coupled with being pig sick of going over the same shxt day in day out .
Stick with it mate 85% is more than acceptable and youve still got ten days .
Otheriwised you could be a bit of an anorak and nip to ringways aviation viewing park and watch the events of the day . Remind yourself of what your putting yourself through all this for .
Your ten days away matey fro the fun bit
Chin Up :D

SkyCamMK
27th Mar 2008, 20:32
Keep a routine, do not miss sleep, exercise regularly and get into tip top physical condition and the brain will be refreshed. Make sure you take time to relax and recover. A sitting study posture can be quite destructive. Eat well and drink lots. Quite a normal reaction. Scores are OK you only need 75% everything else is a bonus! We all felt similarly at the time. Go to it!

Mercenary Pilot
27th Mar 2008, 20:33
http://www.flightlevel350.com/

And turn up the volume. :ok:

gd123
27th Mar 2008, 20:37
cheers guys, your right, ten more days.

acuba 290
27th Mar 2008, 20:43
if you done met and gen nav and talking about loose of motivation ;)

coodem
27th Mar 2008, 21:23
I know the feeling, I have passed 2 stages, doing the 3rd in 10 days too. Just cant wait for it to be over. I only have Inst, Rnav and AF to do. I just hope I'm not talking to soon, but they seem straight forward, compared to the others.

Just give it your all, it will soon be over

BA123
27th Mar 2008, 23:00
Hey there,

Im 2, 1/2 modules through my course now with cabair in bournemouth and in a similar situation.

Only got 5 exams to do now though until I can get back in the skies. But those 5 include Gen Nav and Met day in day out. So hard to keep concentration towards the end of the day !!! :ugh:

Artie Fufkin
27th Mar 2008, 23:18
Nothing to worry about. Happens to everyone, the main thing is to keep going - its only 10 more days! 85% sounds more than fine to me.

If you want motivation, I've been enjoying my flying for 2 years on the B737 with a UK airline and am just back from a wonderful day out, possibly one of my most enjoyable days ever; lots of interesting issues to work through with the captain at the planning stage, flew the aircraft manually up to FL360, some holding, totally nailed a manually flown non precision approach and a superb landing greased on so well that one of the cabin crew described it as "the best I can ever remember". Even flew over T5 at EGLL on the way home and saw the chaos from 35,000 feet.

This all awaits you, just stick with it for 10 more days. It WILL be worth it.

flightlevel1985
27th Mar 2008, 23:34
Im sat here doing flight planning for phase two exams, and that sounds like heaven, cant wait to get there :)

Whirlygig
27th Mar 2008, 23:52
gd123, I feel your pain! Just been through it. You just feel bored with the whole studying thing, the subject matter becomes less relevant and interesting and it's just tedious.

However, have you attended your brush-up course? I found that they gave me the necessary motivation to knuckle down to it, talking to the tutors, chatting to other students, having some human interaction helped.

Somebody said, "Eat well, drink lots"; I concur although I wouldn't recommend a whole bottle of shiraz a night! :} :E

Pressure and adrenalin will kick in soon. Even in ten days, you can easily increase your Bristol QB scores from 80-85% to 90%+.

Just beware of the strange feelings of guilt when you've finished. You'll sit and watch crap like "The Apprentice", thinking that you shouldn't be doing it, you should be doing something else, you'll pace up and down!!

I reckon at you're at the right stage of panic and pressure that we all need; you'll be fine!

Cheers

Whirls

coodem
28th Mar 2008, 07:41
Whirly, You got that right. I feel so guilty, even after 12 hours of study, I turn the TV on and start feeling guilty, so I end up watching with the laptop, doing bristol practice questions during the commercials.