PDA

View Full Version : Blocking receipt of calls/txt

modtinbasher
27th Mar 2008, 19:44
Hi folks, some advice pse, can one actually block the receipt of text or calls from specific numbers to a mobile phone that is registered on the the Virgin Network in the UK?

Sonofmodtinbasher (SMTB) has a problem with previous acrimonious bitch who is in pester mode and wishes to block her proposed whining.

Thanks. MTB

hellsbrink
27th Mar 2008, 19:58
I know some phones have a "block" feature, but that won't stop her from getting another number and using that to hassle him.

You could always contact Virgin and ask, but they may decide to take things further as she is, technically, doing something illegal and I ain't sure about whether you want things to go down that alley.

Spitoon
27th Mar 2008, 22:27
On fixed lines you used to be able to get a number that was generating nuisance calls blocked by BT. I had to do it once and they were quite reasonable about what constituted a nuisance). Don't know whether the same service is offered by Virgin, or mobile operators in general, but I think it was required by Ofcom so it's a possiblity.

Just wish I had a female who kept wanting me......

ZH875
27th Mar 2008, 23:31
If SMTB's phone is Symbian based look here (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&platformId=4&N=7+95623&R=203458&productId=203458)

for a software based solution.

modtinbasher
28th Mar 2008, 10:39
Thanks folks for your responses, easy solution seems to be that SMTB needs a new phone!

MTB