PDA

View Full Version : VLJ Conference - N E 1 go?

Sir George Cayley
27th Mar 2008, 19:07
Apparently there was a VLJ conference this week in London, key note address by none other than the boss of Eclipse Jet, Vern Rayburn.

Did anyone attend and if so what was the main points?

Sir George Cayley

Jetscream 32
27th Mar 2008, 23:52
I was there, conference itself with regard to facilities, food, timing etc.... perfect.

Way too much emphasis on training - however being as it was the first one for the RAeS it was a good well organised first effort.

Excellent delegate list.

1. did we learn anything we didnt already know regarding the aircraft - not really.

2. did we learn whats on the regulators minds regarding ATM - mmm yes we did, however they added caveats - but if i was a betting man - then just about every potential VLJ operator or owner with an Eclipse OR AIRWAYS OPERATED a/c (PA 46 Malibu and bigger) better be prepared to be in for a hard time regarding ACAS from 2009/10..

The above is going to be emotive and create a lot of debate but not for the reasons that most think ie - cost..... some airframes do not have 20kg spare or enough space for the antennae in the fuselage....!!

3. ohh one last thing the Avidyne and Garmin kit looks like it will be out of date before it even gets learnt - some amazing new gizmo's coming out...

Interesting and ongoing - they are here to stay and SPIFR is here and needs to be embraced and managed correctly - after all these are nothing more than new updated Piper Chieftain's that fly a bit faster, and a bit higher but are perfectly manageable as long as the mental ability and proficiency is closely monitored and evolved and that the TRTO's develop a proper SPIFR S/CRM programme that we all buy into - then as long as the a/c have TAWS/ACAS they will just be another plank in the sky - nothing new - nothing dangerous.....!!! IMHO :D

Flintstone
28th Mar 2008, 00:07
Ohhhhh, I get it. Txtspk!!

What next? Lollage and roflcopters? :rolleyes:

Duck Rogers
28th Mar 2008, 00:33
NO!

I like to think this forum is a cut above some others what with our 'VIP' status. Accordingly there will be no txtspk, lollage, roflcopters or addressing each other as 'm8'.

The bizjet world is unashamedly posh and we have standards. Let us keep it that way.

Phil Brockwell
28th Mar 2008, 10:25
Yeah, posh like Gardeners, housekeepers and Chauffeurs....just staff for the rich folk.

Interesting post about the VLJ's, any existing aircraft operators attend, or all new entries?

P

Duck Rogers
28th Mar 2008, 11:39
Yep. Posh gardeners, housekeepers and chauffeurs if you don't mind Mr Brockwell . ;)

Standards will be maintained. We're not having this place turn into another Rumours and News or Jet Blast.

Jetscream 32
28th Mar 2008, 14:57
Hi Phil,

All new entrants, no avionic OEM's which was ashame, most of the CAA, 1 from Eurocontrol, loads of people bleating on about safety, typical pilot etc....blah, blah, blah

The funniest bit was on Thursday PM when Peter Leiman from Blink ripped into Vern Rabburn with a 9mm - he didnt pussy foot around about why he chose Cessna over E500.....

Lots of dillusional air taxi companies - that i cant wait to route prove with 4 passengers at 400 quid a time for me to then wipe out with a Beech 1900D at £60 per pop

n