PDA

View Full Version : Luxair-still hiring?

alkor
27th Mar 2008, 18:56
Hi,

Is Luxair still hiring? Where (email adress) to send application?

Any news about the salary,

Bye,

a

Flypuppy
27th Mar 2008, 20:15
Luxair SA
Human Resources
Findel
L-2987
Luxembourg

e-mail: [email protected]

telephone +352 24561

Give them a call and ask what the situation is.

IRISHPILOT
28th Mar 2008, 16:26
Hiring right now for a six month contract through Parc.

captplaystation
28th Mar 2008, 19:32
Do they still have that crap roster pattern where it is virtually impossible to commute home on days-off without losing half a day at start and finish ?
Just a bit of a snide way to remind you that you are a "welcome" guest of the Luxembourg permanent pilot body, nothing personal you understand.

Flying.Coyote
2nd Apr 2008, 06:40
No commuting possible.
You've got 10 off days per month with 4 days in a row each month.

captplaystation
24th Apr 2008, 20:37
So still " contractor-friendly" . . . . not. Thanks for info, anyway I am fine where I am , just curiosity as I nearly went there a few years ago, and I remember the roster was a big no-no for me. Finally went to VEX which was 10/4. . . . OUCH.

Chocks Away
8th May 2008, 06:44
It sounds like any FIFO living arrangements (fly-in,fly-out) are still not possible, with what you say about the rosters.
Plenty of options to live locally I guess... Belgium/France/Germany, if not in Luxembourg yeh?
What's the driving like, living over the borders, (if someone here does that)?
More days off than my current dig here but the question is: how are the terms and conditions (B737)?
Happy Landings:ok:

captplaystation
11th May 2008, 17:01
A colleague of mine had the opportunity ,offered permanent or contract, RHS Boeing (initially only if full time although others seem to have stayed on it a bit longer than envisaged before having to cope with the "Barbie-Jet".)
From what he told me , it sounded a good deal compared to lo-co if you look beyond the basic salary figures and think of it as a long term alternative to what RYR/Easy are, and are becoming. From what I recall road traffic is quite central -European dense but no worse /better than anywhere else, and there are some pretty places not too far away if you can live with the frankly crappy weather the area "enjoys".
In short, it is still a legacy carrier, albeit in miniature, and you are treated accordingly.
The Luxembourgouise (sp?) are however a little "special", but that is another story eh ?

Chocks Away
11th May 2008, 22:41
Top stuff CptPS, thanks.
Yes I was wondering on the weather...
"Barbie-Jet"?
I think I know what you mean on them being "special" but would love a PM or another post explaining, as well as any figures you may have.
Happy landings:ok:

fly744
12th May 2008, 09:28
Could any LUXAIR Capt give some info about salary/benefits,greatly appreciated...:ok:

Shaman
12th May 2008, 12:55
Contractair had this opportunity but all the vacancies have been filled. Try again next year?