PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Lifestyle

speedbird145
27th Mar 2008, 09:54
Hi, could I ask that only people that actually work for Netjets reply to this. I am wanting to know what a typical months work is like. Is it a strict 6 on 5 off, do you commute on the first and last days or does it eat into your days off? I look forward to your posts.

Many thanks.

redsnail
27th Mar 2008, 10:55
200 days a year including holidays and training days.
Broken down to 50 days per 3 months.

The roster is optimised to give 6 days on, 5 days off within the constraints of the above. Roster is issued mid month for the next month. Duty per 6 days is max of 55 hours.

Depending on the fleet and position, it's rare to work more than 18 days. More typical is 16 days.

We can request SDOs (special days off) before the roster's issued. 6 per year.

Day 1 and Day 6 are the start and finish days, you do not commute on your days off unless it's an exceptional case.

For more info check out the Netjets Europe website or search the bizjet forum.

gazman21
27th Mar 2008, 11:29
Redsnail,
How many hours per year?

regards
gazman21

ICEHOUSES
27th Mar 2008, 12:10
Does anybody know if you were to live at a netjets gateway in the uk, MAN etc would I be away for the full six days or would it involve some flying back to this gateway in between to operate flights from here??

redsnail
27th Mar 2008, 12:22
gaz,

It does depend on fleet, I'm on the Hawker 800XPC and I'm averaging 400 hours or so per year. The large cabin fleets do more hours.

Icehouse,

Not exactly sure what you mean by the question. I wouldn't plan on overnighting in Manchester as a regular thing. My gateway's Luton, I do operate through here a lot. But Luton is one of NJE's more busiest destinations. You're paired with a crew and aircraft for the 6 days. Where you'll go is up to Scheduling. (sometimes you'll crew or aircraft swap but it's not the way it's rostered)

Many of these answers can be found on the NetJets Europe website or in the bizjet forum.

NorthStar
27th Mar 2008, 14:56
Are UK based pilots paid in Euros and then have to accept the prevailing exchange rate or is there a pound sterling pay scale?

redsnail
27th Mar 2008, 15:56
You have to accept the exchange rate. My bank doesn't charge me. If you want, you can get paid in Sterling and let the company work out the monthly exchange rate and use that.