PDA

View Full Version : QCCA Promotions..Now thats Quick

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 06:14
As from tomorrow..the 28th of March ....newly employed QCCA flight attendants will be able to apply for CSM and CSS positions.
This has probably come about because of the lack of interest shown by current crew to work on the Grande Croissant.

skychild
27th Mar 2008, 07:27
Surely there has to be some restrictions on this?

Such as previous amount of flying experience or inflight managers position (CSM) with another airline?

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 07:46
Maybe...maybe not.
Whatever the circumstance it's going to be an interesting couple of years as Gen Y takes the place over.
A lot of CCTMs are going to lose a lot of hair as they are confronted by the "take no prisoners attitude" of the new generation of CC.
Great spectator sport

skylarker
27th Mar 2008, 08:07
Packrat

there are already QCCA f/a's that have been successful and are currently in training now.

Not sure about lack of interest, but there are quite a few current crew that missed out. I guess they are not up to scratch.

Quite ironic that a couple of now ex jetconnect crew will be your onboard managers.

haha Caetexchange will be rapped

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 08:31
There has been a distinct lack of interest by current crew to transfer to the A380.That is why there are opportunities for QCCA to become onboard managers.
Will those on the elite fleet get a different uniform ...I wonder.
The ranks of CC are so fragmented now....LHR Base,BKK Base,AKL Base QCCA,Domestics,Jetconnect,Jet *.....all on different pay structures...this leads to an enormous amount of inconsistency in service,which is exactly what the customers complain about

Dropt McGutz
27th Mar 2008, 09:40
And no doubt QCCA are cheaper to run as CSM's and CSS's.

skylarker
27th Mar 2008, 10:44
And no doubt QCCA are cheaper to run as CSM's and CSS's.

And that my friend is precisely the reason.

GalleyHag
27th Mar 2008, 11:00
It wasnt that long ago that the long haulers were on here saying that not even a short haul CSM could do the job of a long haul CSM now it will be 20 somethings running the show with very limited experience.

How quickly things change. So much for coasting along until the next package is offered, they will now have to deal with Gen Y CSM's.

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 11:07
They will be flying on Le Croissant and most current crew wont be.
So in actual fact it will be Gen Y dealing with...Gen Y.
BTW...there will never be another package unless there is a severe downturn in the QF business.

skylarker
27th Mar 2008, 11:12
Not true packrat.

The new QCCA css's will stay on the current fleet and have the option to transfer to the croissant if that's there wish.
My mail is they have no intention to transfer across and are not obliged to do so either.

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 11:34
QCCA was established precisely for the A380.
You will find that when they have sufficient A/C thats where they will do all their flying.
Their rosters are generated after everyone elses and they have no seniority and no bidding rights.
So all the new guys will be flying with all the new guys..ergo Gen Y with Gen Y.
If someone is not seconded to the croissant there will be no one operating it.
No seniority,no bidding,240 hrs and less pay.
QCCA unfortunately dont have a choice regarding the aircraft they operate.
Perhaps Peg 747 can shed a little light here
When you want to reduce your operating costs on the A380 why would you have the more expensive A Scalers operating it?
EBA 8 was largely about reducing wages over time.
The A380 will require approximately 110 crew/AC.Multiply that by 20(the number of A/C ordered )and that comes to around about 2,500.That is the same number of new recruits to be employed over the next two years.

airtags
27th Mar 2008, 11:51
sorry packrat -
the QCCA'ers who get the CSS/CSM gig will operate on the current fleet as well as the 380.

Like it or not it's a whole of biz thing you voted for - and the reality now is that QCCA people (BTW some of whom are NOT Gen Y) will be calling the ball - for the record some (note: not all) are a bit beyond gen Y and are very good leaders and have a lot of cred.

Of record: - Mrs Airtags' new red scarf is far more powerful than my stripes so be careful with the broadbrush approach. (Actually she is pretty good and does have a measure of respect for the culture so give it a run and try not to make it a divided team. After all whether it's techhies or CC we're really all on the same side)

packrat
27th Mar 2008, 22:16
All I can say is..." good for them" (and Mrs Airtags of Course).
Any one with more than 20 years service would not really be interested in promotion but rather a peaceful stress free exit over the next five years.
Pity about no more packages.
For those of you who are not Gen Y and have to work/deal with them know your stuff or else.
Billy Joel said it all with the line..."they will carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding"

surfside6
28th Mar 2008, 01:21
Rang the Union regarding promotions and as far as they are aware NO CSMs (external)from QCCA are currently online or in a class.
There are however 11 QCCA recruits who are in CSS training.
There is nothing in the EBA that precludes them from promotion irrespective of how long they have been employed.
They can be moved around according to resource requirements.In this they have no option.
There has been enough interest displayed by Onboard Managers to fill all positions on the A380

mrpaxing
29th Mar 2008, 06:33
28 March 2008

Attention all Long Haul Flight Attendants

FURTHER GOOD EBA8 NEWS
MORE PROMOTIONS

We are happy to advise that Qantas has notified a further round of promotions for CSM and CSS. Qantas has also notified further vacancies for BFA positions.

This is the fourth round of promotions since EBA8 was approved and underscores the huge benefits that are flowing from EBA8.

The unprecedented promotional opportunities are a testament to a secure and bright future for Long Haul crew (both QF and QCCA). It is fantastic that hundreds of crew have advanced their careers by being promoted and that all of us can look forward to continuing growth in Long Haul and all the benefits associated with growth e.g. promotions, more work, new destinations and enhanced job security.

Written and authorised by Michael Mijatov – Secretary International Division

my latest poll on the upcoming election for the secretaries job makes me believe MM is in trouble. there is a lot of negativity towards him as a person.
juniors dont vote and senior crew dont like him anymore. the 25% voting no at the EBa might just tip the balance in this election

twiggs
29th Mar 2008, 06:56
I disagree mrpaxing, I think there is overwhelming support and gratitude toward Michael.
Haven't seen anything from Paul Saliba about what what voting for him would achieve.

cartexchange
29th Mar 2008, 11:35
skylarker........or midnight63...................

I know the ex jet connect guys that got the CSS, they were good f/a's I dont have an issue with them.

Anyway I will Never have to fly with them!

roamingwolf
1st Apr 2008, 21:23
twiggs,do you think it's a good idea to post someones real full name here?

But I reckon it's par for the course with this girl .

indamiddle
2nd Apr 2008, 23:54
to all concerned.
as paul has nominated for the election as per email received from faaa
his name is not a secret. it would be an interesting vote if we could not
nominate using our real names, could be a fun election if people were
only allowed to use fake names
e.g.
pegasus 747
cruising 380
gliding classic
geriatric 767
who would you vote for roaming wolf?

Shazz-zaam
3rd Apr 2008, 02:46
You forgot to include "Curly" on your list , or should that be "Mister Curly"?

roamingwolf
3rd Apr 2008, 05:53
You forgot to include "Curly" on your list
Indamiddle,mate I have always been a 3 stooges fan

cartexchange
2nd May 2008, 06:10
well the round of new CSS and CSM has started.
Some really good people got a crack at it again.
Also quite a few QCCA got the CSS, but from what I hear they are quite decent people.
Good luck to them.

indamiddle
3rd May 2008, 04:52
flew with a new css this week, young and keen but seems to have
dodged the mushroom factory mentality. i hope the rest of them
come through as well as he did. was a pleasure to work with.
i am also a fan of 'curly'