PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand ATPL Air Law

fourgolds
27th Mar 2008, 06:08
Hi All
just a question. am in the process of converting my qualifications to the NZ ATPL. Have had all the necessary assesments and have to do the flight test and also have to pass ATPL Air Law. Can anyone please advise me what the best material is to use for the ATPL Law exam. I have the ASL sample papers , but surely there must be a flight school that offers a course ' past paper" and exam technique type off course. I am not talking about the Commercial pilots stuff , this is ATPL specific . Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated , tks v much.

Corkey McFuz
27th Mar 2008, 08:13
As far as I am aware, there is no ATPL "material" currently around in nz. Best thing and what most people do is just learn the rules (can get them off the feds website www.caa.govt.nz (http://www.caa.govt.nz/)) and know the Vol 1, 2,3 etc inside out. I think the asl sample paper is the closest you are going to get with regard to format etc... Most atpl subjects here are self studied here as there really aren't many courses offered and hence not a lot of good material floating about, especially air law.

fourgolds
27th Mar 2008, 09:00
many thanks

ZQN
27th Mar 2008, 17:33
EK trainer has organised a sitting of NZ ATPL in Dubai for a few of the Kiwis. I think it is some time in April but not sure. I'm sure he will know where to get notes or may have some himself.

skytops
28th Mar 2008, 00:14
There is an excellent set of course notes that you can buy. The cost was $160 as of 12 months ago. [email protected] is the email address you need...

Oxidant
5th Apr 2008, 03:47
Any kind soul out there got some up to contact details for Stoneybrook.
Just sent an e-mail & had it returned by the server as no longer valid!

Thanks in advance

O:)

mattathm
5th Apr 2008, 09:07
I have all the NZ atpl law notes you need to pass........

PM me if you want them, I guarantee 90%+ pass:ok:

Just a thought... can you PM on this site?

mark newman
14th Apr 2008, 19:44
Hi Can you help
My name is mark. Im from the UK. I see that you have some notes on the law exam. I have an Exam booked for the end of April. Can you help with some information.
Many thanks Mark
[email protected]

27/09
14th Apr 2008, 21:14
If all else fails, go the NZCAA website and download the Advisory Circular for the ATPL (AC 61-7) and look at the syllabus for the ATPL written exam.

That's what I basically did. Passed no problems at all.

twism77
23rd Jul 2009, 21:41
hi i'm looking for atpl airlaw notes and kindly request your assistance as you posted you have some notes..

ZK-NSN
23rd Jul 2009, 21:48
Stoneybrook are the only notes on NZATPL law I have seen, a mate of got them from Ardmore flying school in NZ. Dont know their website but Im sure you can google them.

twism77
23rd Jul 2009, 21:58
thank you...I will try contacting them...

Regards

twism77
23rd Jul 2009, 22:29
contacted them and they dont have any information or course on atpl airlaw...thankx anyway...if you do find out about any other source please advise....thankyou

knox
23rd Jul 2009, 22:31
Check out this thread
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/358850-nz-atpl-lectures.html

Knox

twism77
24th Jul 2009, 01:09
had a look, just wondering if you have done the nz atpl airlaw exam and what material did you use for study?

knox
24th Jul 2009, 03:34
Yeah did the exam. Borrowed some notes off a mate (can't remember who wrote them), but had the stoneybrook notes too - didn't really use them though, only really for the mock exams in the back.

Knox.

3 Holer
24th Jul 2009, 03:53
twism 77 try here. (http://www.waypoints.co.nz/courses.php#box5)

remoak
24th Jul 2009, 04:16
I'm just finishing off developing an ATPL Law guide - consists of each of the syllabus items with the relevant rule/Act etc reproduced underneath it. Saves heaps of time - did it because I have to sit the Law exam after many years overseas.

It will be around 180 pages in PDF form... happy to let a few freebies go if you promise to give me some feedback on how it works for you! PM me your email if you want a copy.

twism77
24th Jul 2009, 04:35
I checked the site and have emailed the guy, awaiting a reply....was hoping to get some free notes or texts from someone who has already sat the atpl airlaw exam as I am currently unemployed and only recently renewed my MEIR which cost a fortune.....thanx anyway!

twism77
24th Jul 2009, 04:48
ok!how long ago was that?recent?if so any chance of getting some notes of you or your friend?your help would be appreciated...thanx...

twism77
24th Jul 2009, 04:52
checked that site, emailed the guy, awaiting a reply...
I was hoping to get some free notes or books as I am currently unemployed and only recently renewed my MEIR and it cost a fortune...thankyou...

shollis747
7th Feb 2011, 12:41
Hi,
Have you still got the notes that will help me through New Zealand Air law? I would really appreciate any help.
:ok:

remoak
8th Feb 2011, 02:33
I still have the NZ ATPL Law notes I put together last year, if you need those. PM me your email...

dabz
8th Feb 2011, 09:56
I passed ATPL Law 2 weeks ago with a high mark.

I self studied with Waypoints self study ATPL Law (http://www.waypoints.co.nz/courses.php#box5) made by Mark Woodhouse, a first officer at AirNZ and a hell of a teacher..

It compares Pt91, Pt125 and Pt121 in a way you can understand with comments on the parts of the law that are hard to understand.

There's no classes for law in NZ so this is the next best option too.