PDA

View Full Version : Looking to move East!!

JoeCo
10th Aug 2000, 10:18
I was hoping that maybe someone could pass on some information about working in the Middle East.

First off, I understand that there are lots of ex-pats working in the area. Is this quite comon and what are the requirements to getting a work visa?

Are most of the pilots hired out of Europe? Would they consider a North American??

What time requirements are most operators looking for?

Are the operators mainly operating jets (Emirates/Gulf) and there any companies running turbo props?

Salary (strting and senior) per diums, accomodations, bonuses, etc.?

This type of information would really help to start.

I guess the final quetion, what's the best starting point? Any informative web pages to visit?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have 2000 hrs. lots of turbine experience. Any chance of even being looked at??

Yossarian
11th Aug 2000, 01:24
There are many expats in the area, which makes it a great place to work.

For Emirates try www.emirates.com (http://www.emirates.com) but I'm not sure of Gulf Air's address. Most want jet time, but there are some TP operators in the area like Abu Dhabi Aviation. What their requirements are, I have no idea.

Good luck.

JoeCo
11th Aug 2000, 02:35
Thanks for that,

I looked at the Emirates web page and I know that I don't meet there requirements just yet.

You mentioned Abu Dhabi, what about Bharain? Is DHL looking at all? Any other operators like that in the area??

I would be interested in finding something for starters before I started pursueing my airline goals.

Any web sites would also help.

Thanks