PDA

View Full Version : How many have posted when had too many drinks

NG_Kaptain
26th Mar 2008, 19:15
Have you ever posted and regretted it the next day. Or sent an email under the influence?
Been there, done that...

helimutt
26th Mar 2008, 19:20
Of course....HIC, all of my posts are under the influence of alcohol! :{

hellsbrink
26th Mar 2008, 19:22
If I can type, I ain't had enough!!

http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/drunken_smilie.png

NG_Kaptain
26th Mar 2008, 19:32
Be right back... Going to the fridge, am thirsty.

Evening Star
26th Mar 2008, 19:35
You mean like now:confused: ... my birthday and we are already onto the second bottle of wine before going onto a very nice bottle of Laphroaig 15 year old.:)

(Celebrating complete with very nice email from PPRuNe admin wishing me happy birthday!)

redsnail
26th Mar 2008, 19:51
Oh so many times. Too many times really. Esp in the "good" old days. (So named because I wasn't "good" or "old") :E

A few folks from different time zones would see my drunken ramblings (post night clubs in Cairns) and would note the edits about 6 hours later. :}

One former Mod had on a post it note "Don't post pissed" stuck on his computer. :D

Ozzy
26th Mar 2008, 20:01
If I have I can't remember!:E:E

Ozzy

er340790
26th Mar 2008, 20:25
Best posts usually show up from 18.30EST as the Brits get in from the pub and vent their spleens. Then it's the East Coast brigade's turn with later contributions from W.Coast for EST insomniacs. Next day we can see what the Aussies have made of all our alcohol-fuelled drivel.......

The world turns and it all starts again............... wonderful!:ok:

Hill Walker
26th Mar 2008, 21:11
Drinking and dialling wrecks lives...

hellsbrink
26th Mar 2008, 21:12
1830EST?

Middle of the day..... HIC

(Two tips to avoid a hangover. Don't drink red wine and don't sober up)

Hill Walker
26th Mar 2008, 21:32
Kebab, anyone?

hellsbrink
26th Mar 2008, 21:42
Kebab, anyone?

Ewwwww, you just turned me off my beer!

I have NEVER been so drunk I would eat a kebab. And that is something I am quite proud of.

Now, if we were talking about a good burnybum with naan bread and pakora that would be different.

Fujiflyer
26th Mar 2008, 21:53
Or even better still, gone on to the (sadly, old) PPRuNe Digichat thingy, slightly tippsy :O

Pontius Navigator
26th Mar 2008, 23:14
It's why I didn't attempt to answer the navigation question. Too much Rhumb.

ShyTorque
27th Mar 2008, 00:34
Post whilst influenced by a liquid? Never.

P.S. Anyone tell me how to post piccys? I've just photocopied me bum.

Foss
27th Mar 2008, 00:38
'Ok..
r E P l Y. yess I think I wiLL, you muron. lEt me tell, you'

Thank odG for delete.

I may have, sometimes posted with one eye closed, one finger typing.
Fos

ampan
27th Mar 2008, 00:48
All I know is that my drunken postings are, without exception, bloody brilliant. (although it's not my policy to re-read them - "never look back", as they say)

Parapunter
27th Mar 2008, 00:53
One is a Rioja and a bit in right now & is chatting away with a doris on facebook. Three cheers for the beers, alcohol - making pruners acceptable since 1998.

SoundBarrier
27th Mar 2008, 02:08
Guilty as charged!

Rush2112
27th Mar 2008, 02:15
Shome mishtake surely? You mean has anyone ever posted sober?? Thereby negating the need for the edit facility...

ampan
27th Mar 2008, 02:52
I wish my mouth had an edit facility

Pinky the pilot
27th Mar 2008, 04:29
I did'nt know there was any other way of posting!!:}

Salusa
27th Mar 2008, 06:41
I always post after a few drinks. In fact its almost 12:30pm and I have just cracked my second beer.

Never regret forum posts (well not to much), but have sent out a few emails which force me to try and not wake up the next morning and magically pretend to myself that I did not really send them whilst metaphorically sticking my fingers in my ears and going "lah, lah lah, I didnt do that".....

bar fly
27th Mar 2008, 10:48
I can honestly say that I've never posted under the alfluence of incohol. :}

Tigs2
27th Mar 2008, 12:23
ihavvvenever duuuun ar pooosting wyhillle unddder the effluence off incahol.

airship
27th Mar 2008, 13:34
On the count of "Being in charge of a personal computer whilst under the influence": Well, I'd have to plead guilty as charged. I'm also a repeat offender which should be taken into account. It's not yet a crime or even misdeameanour but I dare say it will become so one day my lords...

NG_Kaptain
27th Mar 2008, 17:32
"One is a Rioja and a bit in right now & is chatting away with a doris on facebook. Three cheers for the beers, alcohol - making pruners acceptable since 1998. "

Guilty as charged Sir! After the post chatted with Sheila on Facebook, then had the midnight booty call.

PyroTek
29th Mar 2008, 04:11
Gawwwwwdddddd im too type to drunk!

ampan
29th Mar 2008, 04:33
No animals were harmed during the composition of this thread, nor was there any violation of any local civil aviation restriction re alcohol consumption.

(What a bloke wants to do after a 14-hour trek across the Pacific is his own f*cking business, unless he plans on joining the cabincrew).

Pinky the pilot
29th Mar 2008, 04:51
PyroTek; You're too young to be drinking!! :=I shall report you to
the PM, Mr (C)Rudd for this!!:uhoh:

redsnail
30th Mar 2008, 00:58
I managed to open a bottle of champagne and celebrating the success by drinking the contents. :ok:

Now you might think "who gives a?" and that's fair enough. However, a couple of weeks ago at the World Airline Piss up (oh I mean ski championships) I fell over and wanka'd my thumb. I have been judging it's progress with champagne.

You also might think "you're married to The Big Fella aka Checkboard, why can't he open it?", you're right, I am. However, Crewing decided to spring an over night on him and he's in Belfast. Home tomorrow. Better buy more booze. :O

Time for another drink. :D

corsair
30th Mar 2008, 16:37
I have on more than one occasion posted under the influence. Usually next morning when a hazy memory swims into view. I sprint for the PC, or more often crawl............ to check it wasn't too controversial. Surprisingly some of my most sober, erudite and sensible posts have been made while in the arms of Bacchus. Which proves something, not quite sure what. Certainly I'm more creative when unsober and more sentimental but ushually the speeling gets a bit hairy.

I posted in another forum last night with plenty of wine on board. Re-reading it just now makes me wonder if I should only post while drunk and disorderly.

On an entirely unrelated point. Has anyone else noticed how many films only make sense when watched under the influence?

unclenelli
1st Apr 2008, 02:35
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=320616

I haven't got a scooby what they're on about (and I'm from not too far away from TD!! - I'm a Smoggy)

Corsair:
Whatever you do, don't watch Pink Floyd - The Wall (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084503/) - It'll have you slitting your wrists!!!

27mm
1st Apr 2008, 08:37
What a stupid thread - why on erth would I wont to post wen Ive had to mcuh to trink

ShyTorque
1st Apr 2008, 08:52
Many is the time I've seen a post, thought "Whoever wrote that must have been completely pi$$ed".......

:eek:........then deleted it and hoped no-one noticed :O

Howard Hughes
1st Apr 2008, 09:15
I have to be pissed to understand what some of you are saying!;)