PDA

View Full Version : c of a renewal under Uk lams

speedtapeking
26th Mar 2008, 13:07
Hi guys

anyone know if you can do a c of a early without loosing any of the validity ? i seem to remember if its due say 3/6/08 you could do it 60 days early and the new one would run for its validity plus from the current date to when it would of been renewed had you let it run to the end (if that makes sense !)

any one know the answer ?i tried the caa site with no luck

Bus429
26th Mar 2008, 13:09
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=720&pagetype=90&pageid=9362

and from BCAR A3-4:

For Certificates of Airworthiness with a validity of 12 months, the renewal
recommendation may be anticipated by a maximum of 30 days before the date of
expiry without loss of validity. For Certificates of Airworthiness with a validity of 36
months, the renewal recommendation may be anticipated by a maximum of 62 days
before the date of expiry without loss of validity. If the Certificate of Airworthiness
has expired the validity will take effect from the date the submission is received and
accepted by the CAA.

...and for Star Inspections:

The Certificate of Airworthiness renewal recommendation may be anticipated by a
maximum of 62 days before the date of expiry without loss of validity. If the
Certificate of Airworthiness has expired the validity shall take effect from the date the
submission is received and accepted by the CAA.

Speedtape,
With regard to UK CAA regs, I usually discover that the information is usually published, it is just a matter of finding it (easier said than done!). With regard to State and Annexe II aircraft, BCARs are a good place to start. Even if dealing with EASA aircraft, the UK CAA publish a lot of useful info (more than EASA does!) elaborating or explaining EASA regs. Try AN 7 in CAP 455.