PDA

View Full Version : Sadness at ARCHERFIELD Tomorrow THUR 27MAR08

ratso
26th Mar 2008, 10:01
The crims in canberra will surely look the other way tomorrow ( was supposed to be today wed) when the scout building at AF is demolished.
Word late today at AF its tomorrow. THURS, thats if no hitches.

This organisation has trained thousands of youngsters in air activities over the decades.

The rent to keep the building for the scouts was over the top.
As I have posted on this forum before the rot started back in 1988 when
FAC was born, and it gets worse and worse each few months.

well done Gav, who.s next on ya list....of course we know the fella down the other end of the airfield quite soon.

MakeItHappenCaptain
26th Mar 2008, 13:50
Difference being the bloke down the other end will bulldoze his own building when he leaves if they don't offer a fair price for it.:E:E:E:ok:

telephonenumber
27th Mar 2008, 02:56
Who is the "bloke down the other end"? North or west?

Jabawocky
27th Mar 2008, 03:00
I think he means Gil.

J

telephonenumber
27th Mar 2008, 03:32
Thanks J.

Watching Archerfield being strangled to death by the avarice of one man is like watching an old friend dying of cancer.

But not to single out one horror story, anyone tried to drive to or from Brisbane or Canberra airports lately?

And Essendon now has a vet clinic in the terminal building??!! To say nothing of the new shopping centres.

Serious question - did the previous government really intend to stifle (then kill) general aviation in Australia? And more importantly, is there yet any sign of a policy from the new government?

cbradio
27th Mar 2008, 07:51
Difference being the bloke down the other end will bulldoze his own building when he leaves if they don't offer a fair price for it.

that'll just save them doing it themselves.

172capt
27th Mar 2008, 10:46
i heard rq/aaa will be taking them aboard? can anyone confirm this, or has anyone heard anything similar, and whether it is rq or aaa?

CHAIRMAN
27th Mar 2008, 10:46
The Scouts were sold out when the Feds sold off AF. The private operator now is obviously ruthless without a compassionate bone in it's corporate body. It's a pity that bureaucrats can't be concerned with the details of a deal - they had the upper hand when privatising the airport (aerodrome) and could have quite easily protected the interests of some of their longterm/loyal tenants.
Typical bureaucrats - either couldn't give a rat's - or too dumb to see past their next payday.

Jabawocky
27th Mar 2008, 10:55
Its about time you all went and bought a copy of the "One Six Right" DVD and then get your local member to your place for a few beers, bring along your flying mates, and then when the MP gets all warm and fuzzy about aviation.......get him to comit to doing something.

All it takes for the forces of evil to rule the world is for enough good men to do nothing!

http://www.clearprop.com.au/index.php?target=products&product_id=29984

This is really really worth buying. I have watched mine and shown it to over 30 people now.....OK I am a nutcase!:eek:

J

PyroTek
27th Mar 2008, 11:04
so whens my sitting with a few beers eh? :p

(you asked me if i'd seen it on sunday!)

and by 'warm and fuzzy', do you mean off his face drunk and willing to commit to anything? even giving your garden a $1 million budget per annum?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
27th Mar 2008, 11:39
Right On 'Jaba',

The message of "One-Six Right" hits the nail on the head.

Question to the 'Decision' (?) makers....
And what of the huge $ turn over the GA industry contributes to the country?
Not as much as it used to..........

Thanks for nothing.........:yuk:

Griffo:ugh: