PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory in Melbourne- any recommendations?

Gearupandorrf
26th Mar 2008, 04:25
G'day everyone,

Can anyone recommend Schools in Melbourne that can help with this?

Currently doing Met, Human Factors and Air Law via correspondence with AFT (great courses) but I think others such as Flight Planning and Navigation might be best tackled in the Classroom.

Unfortunately Work commitments prohibit me from going Interstate for 4- 6 weeks, so looking for Melbourne Schools only.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Cheers,
Gearup.

THE IRON MAIDEN
26th Mar 2008, 04:36
was in there a couple of weeks ago and they have a list of subjects and dates

cheers

Maiden

PlankBlender
26th Mar 2008, 07:35
Yup, give MFT a call, they had a course on just recently. I met Alan, the instructor, he seemed like an exceptionally nice man and had oodles of experience. MFT is run by a good bunch of people, you'll most likely feel at home there.

http://www.melbourneflighttraining.com.au/flight_training/flt_training_atpl.htm

PB

Lasiorhinus
26th Mar 2008, 13:31
Lionel Taylor.

Not sure what his ATPL schedule is in the near future, but its an excellent class.

EPIRB
26th Mar 2008, 15:52
Have to agree about Lionel. He works out of Peter Bini's.

training wheels
26th Mar 2008, 15:56
I met Alan, the instructor, he seemed like an exceptionally nice man and had oodles of experience.

If that's Alan W you're referring to (ex Ansett DC 9 Captain), then he is a top bloke .. very funny guy and knows his stuff as well. You can't go wrong with Alan. :ok:

DutyFree
26th Mar 2008, 16:55
Agree with all of the above. Both Allen W (ex Ansett Captain) and Lionel are top blokes, You will find Lionel at Peter Bini Advance Flight Training in YMMB, not sure where you will find Allen W.