PDA

View Full Version : carry-ons

ironbutt57
2nd Aug 2000, 20:14
travelling business on a GF flight recently, had two properly sized carry-ons...on arriving at the aircraft door, one was taken from me, and gate-checked, the lead hostie informing me that the flight was full..and space was limited....after i took my seat, i observed many people carrying multiple outsized duty free bags and filling up the biz class overheads, then taking thier seat in coach !! after inquiring upon deplaning as to why this was allowed to happen, i was told there is a one bag limit on proper sized carry-on's (see the back of the ticket) but that plastic bags containing personal items are not limited!!! next time i'll take my clothes in garbge bags...return flight home, no problem with two bags..as long as one goes under the seat!!!

Round Hill
3rd Aug 2000, 01:12
FIrst Class and business one bag size same as GF crew plus garment bag. Economy one bag plus duty free bag. Most economy pax seem to think bag size extends on length of journey and cheapness of ticket and will swear that granny will die if you put the bag containing her in the hold! Will also threaten to have you sacked and other forms GBH if you get near the bag!

Whooaahh
3rd Aug 2000, 16:01
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/009054.html

You'll want to read this one...I only had one bag with me and they took it off me, I was left with just my Passport and my Boarding Card.

From you message, had I been carrying my Notebook PC in a "Tesco's Bag", I would have had no problem, but it really defeats the whole purpose of trying to protect ones valuable from damage during flight.

Inconsistancy causes total frustration.

Whooaahh!!!

CONVAIR
6th Aug 2000, 17:50
After 8 years in BAH, that is a surprise? I would worry more about who is up front flying the damn thing than the stuff in the back. Flew F class with my bag on the floor in front and my feet on type and no one said a word. All western hosties too! Inshallah.
Tommy, you need to get outta there!

ironbutt57
8th Aug 2000, 19:06
i hear you mate!!!