PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2000 ! - It Works !!!

ExSimGuy
1st Jan 2000, 11:27
Woke up this morning, power still on, phones working, water coming out of taps (murkey - but that's normal!) Seems like even here the bug-spray worked!!

Aaaagh! Our secretary just told me the old Epson printer on the accounting system feeds the paper in - then back out the same way. Perhaps all's not as well as I thought!!

The lucky engineers at BAe get today off; seems the locals said "don't let those booggers anywhere NEAR our aircraft after they've been on the p1ss allthrough the night! :)

------------------------------------------
Happiness is V1 ex RUH !

[This message has been edited by ExSimGuy (edited 01 January 2000).]

ironbutt57
1st Jan 2000, 12:46
that's coz in ruh, it's still year 1500 and change

skip
1st Jan 2000, 20:10
Nice that you got to wake up this morning, we greeted the new day flying over the middle of the gulf (nice sunrise),the only Aircraft flying at that stage(yeah, some of us had to work), but it dosent count because its not jet time.

ExSimGuy
5th Jan 2000, 12:54
Ironbutt, Skip, nice to see I'm not the only one left in the region; certainly seems like it, the place has really gone to sleep with Christams/Ramadan/NY holidays!

Well, I'm about to have 4 days off for Eid (being ground-bound has some advantages, though I'd like the sunrises!)

Just think, in about 6 weeks it'll be 1421 (AH)

-----------------------------------------
Dispair is reverse thrust at RUH

ironbutt57
5th Jan 2000, 14:44
no ex sim guy, we wouldn't leave you all alone i'm here in fantasy island suffering from another bug that has passed itself around..i think the un should set up some sort of "center for disease control" here, seems a lot of viruses make thier debut here..lots of camomile tea and bed rest, and of course Pprunning around...

ExSimGuy
5th Jan 2000, 14:54
IronButt,

Get well soon! This is my last post for now - heading home for the long weekend.

Regards from the Magic Kingdom!

------------------
Flight Sims, very expensive toys - but real fun to play with!

rocketman
7th Jan 2000, 12:14
skip you must fly 1900's...method of elimination

skip
8th Jan 2000, 01:27
Maybe I fly terrortubes?

Happyness is VR at JED!

yakkity
9th Jan 2000, 08:40
Hey Skip..you weren't made no 2 by any chance.... :)

yakkity
9th Jan 2000, 08:44
GFA, Emirates, Aeroflot, DHL and Falcon Express all flew during the magic hours......

Happiness is : "End of shift."

DownIn3Green
14th Jan 2000, 19:43
REAL HAPPINESS re: RUH, JED, etc is the end of contract completion bonus!!!!!

ExSimGuy
15th Jan 2000, 10:16
Aw c'mon DI3G, you wouldn't really want to depart The Magic Kingdom for good - think of the weather back home!

As for end-of-contract, I'm still waiting for mine from my last employer after almost a year! Latest was "after the ramadan holidays are over" (?)

(I should note that it was NOT any airline-related company - in case anyone gets nervous!)

DownIn3Green
15th Jan 2000, 10:46
ExSimGuy,

Didn't want to leave, but had to because my wife had our first. I had 2 pretty good deals, one on a VIP jet for a Royal Family member, (not such a good contract, all of the other crew were locals), and the next year and a half was a VIP jet for a single owner (Sheikh....). That was great.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting another VIP position there soon, after my current IASCO Contract ends.

And yes, it was nice to finally leave, but I didn't rest until the final monies were in the bank. (Which happened on schedule, as promised.)

Sorry you're having some bad luck in this area...

By the way, weather at home is way south Fla, and the girls don't cover up there either!!!

[This message has been edited by DownIn3Green (edited 15 January 2000).]