PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Life

twocrew
28th Jul 2000, 03:00
Can anyone provide some information on the lifestyle of living in Jeddah?
We are a couple with a 14 month old and are considering moving there to fly biz jets but are finding it difficult to get information on expatriate living conditions there. Specfic concerns are how life is for female expats and children.
Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

mutt
28th Jul 2000, 15:50
Of the Pprune Saudi contingent, 2 are on vacation and one is flying. That leaves me, check your email in a few hours, i will try to answer any questions that you may have.

Mutt

777AV8R
29th Jul 2000, 08:00
Back from flying...check the mail!

ExSimGuy
29th Jul 2000, 09:54
Mutt will probably have been a great source for you as he's where you're going and I'm in the capital. If you want any more input, drop me an email. Can't stop now as I'm rushing to get "my desk cleared" for a trip - but I'll be keeping in touch with email all the time.

Good luck

------------------
Ah, the VC-10, Wasn't she lovely!

twocrew
31st Jul 2000, 01:32
Thankyou to all that responded. We got a lot of great information that books/internet just can't provide.

Zeke
31st Jul 2000, 11:06
Could you guys email me an info that would be applicable to Oman...

Thanks

Skaz
31st Jul 2000, 22:52
Hi there guys, question for you:
Just clocked 800TT yesterday, with 300+ME, looking to get into corporate aviation, Stateside or the Middle East.
Would greatly appreciate any and all info recieved...

EG
4th Aug 2000, 04:56
I am looking at the same situation as Twocrew, could those who were kind enough to help him please pass the same info onto myself.Thankyou all very much.

Conky Joe
6th Sep 2000, 16:53
Better late than never?! Just back from hols and have sent you an email twocrew and EG.

PS Hi mutt- hope you had a good summer!

mutt
7th Sep 2000, 01:31
Hi there CJ,

I'm actually in the Emerald Isle having a reality check..... Will be back in Jed in a couple of weeks.

A lot of people have approched me re life in camel country, hopefully there will be an influx of people flying for National Air Services (Netjets.)

Cya

Mutt