PDA

View Full Version : Starting a job elsewhere

Blind_Pilot
25th Mar 2008, 14:39
Hi everyone.

I'm currently training at Oxford in an integrated ATPL course, should be finishing in about a year's time. I was wondering however if anyone knew which compagnies, if any of them do, allow newly recruited pilots to be based elsewhere, i.e. when I finish my course having the possibility of being based in France. Obviously mainly British compagnies offer jobs to Oxford students, this is why I'm asking this question.

Thanks to anyone who thinks they can help ;)

Blind_Pilot
25th Mar 2008, 18:29
Nobody? :confused:

Blind_Pilot
25th Mar 2008, 19:26
Congrats for Luxair!

My question was more specific really, concerning France more than anything else but because the only French compagny is Air France and they go through their own selection process, that's not an option. Hence my question about being based in a country that isn't you employer's...

But cheers for that answer :ok:

Blind_Pilot
25th Mar 2008, 21:29
Ha ha, apparently CityJet have transferred everyone back to the UK and Ireland because they don't want to have to go according to the French work rules, which they had to by law since January 2007...

Have you never heard of anyone being moved with Ryanair or B.A.? I know it does happen, I just don't know after how long

The African Dude
26th Mar 2008, 15:57
I think it's possible to choose a French base when flying for EasyJet.