PDA

View Full Version : Expected pay for a dual rated Pilot.

globallocal
25th Mar 2008, 05:52
Trying to formulate a argument against my employer regarding pay.
We operate a private GLEX and a A109 . I'm a captain on the GLEX and we operate a smaller jet as well. I'm also helo rated with an expired Inst rating.
Does anyone have any figures for what I might ask for to fly all 3??
I have an idea myself but want to make sure I'm in the ball park.
Any info would be great.
GL

INNflight
25th Mar 2008, 11:51
Can't exactly give you $$ figures, but sounds not too nice to be honest. Seems like you'll do more sim flying than real :E

A colleague of mine is dual rated on the Citation and the Global and says it kinda feels odd to have a sim / recurrent every 2nd month hehe.

(edit - spelling)

globallocal
25th Mar 2008, 23:16
We only conduct sims on the global every 12mths but have 6mth base cx on the citation. it would be a base cx every 6mths on the 109 as well.

ssg
26th Mar 2008, 03:43
I too am dual rated, and you will find you will never make what two guys make, or three, if that's what you are qualified to replace.

That said, the rareness of your qualifications, coupled with the boss just liking you will give you some exclusivity and that's what will bump your pay.

All that in mind, the boss will get you for what he want's to pay, end of story...you can push a little, but your only power is to walk if you don't like it, and that's been as much as 40% for me in the past.

My advice, take the higher of the salaries (GEX capt), then add in half what a helo pilot would make, start there.

specialbrew
26th Mar 2008, 13:33
I recon its got to be £120K:ok: How many hours a year are you expecting to do in all 3?