PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan latest salary review-would you stay-join-it's a blood*y joke-right ???

Jimmy Riddle
24th Mar 2008, 20:17
PAYE Flight Deck Salaries April 2008

B737 B737
Year Capt. F/O
10 76,765 51,390
9 74,910 49,535
8 73,585 48,475
7 72,790 47,680
6 72,260 46,885
5 71,465 46,090
4 70,670 45,295
3 69,875 44,500
2 69,080 43,705
1 68,285 42,910
0 66,700 40,790

Cadet First Officers are First Officers who self sponsor their Type rating.
A Cadet First Officer pays flyglobespan £15,000 as a contribution to costs involved in obtaining a 737 Type Rating through a TRTO (Type Rating Training Organisation).
They are employed and paid upon commencement of Line Training at £25,000 pa.

Qualifying Non Type-Rated 737 pilots will have £15,000 deducted from Gross salary over a 3 year period in respect of their contribution to their Type Rating Training.

Whilst undergoing Training non Type-Rated 737 First Officers will be paid £25,000, upon completion of Line Training this will rise to £32,000 and on attaining 500hrs on type their salary will rise to £40,790.

Whilst Line Training, 737 Type-Rated First Officers having in excess of 500hrs on type will be paid £32,000, upon completion of Line Training this rises to £40,790.

Incremental increases will be paid on the anniversary of Final Line Check on type.
Upon promotion, incremental increases on the Command scale will be paid on the anniversary of Final Line check as aircraft Commander.

Flight Deck Benefits

24 days leave per annum + 8 days Public Holidays. Leave is to be applied for as detailed by fleet managers, if not applied for, the Rostering Dept will allocate leave.

Paid car parking at Nominal Base of Operations and at any designated Base the Flight Deck member is rostered to operate from.

Death in Service paid at 3 x basic salary.

Company Pension contributions are 3 % increasing by 1% p.a. up to 7% if matched by the employee. Company contribution will be increased by a further 1% if employee agrees to contribute their entire company pension through a pension efficiency measure to enhance the overall pension contribution. The detail of this can be explained by our pension provider, Lorica.

Flying medical renewals.

JAA/CAA Flying licence renewals.

£2.10/hr duty pay paid from time of report till end of duty for all flying duties.

£30/night, away from Base allowance whilst on Simulator or other rostered non flying duties.

£35/night for self accommodating whilst on rostered away from Base duties. This arrangement must be agreed prior to the Company making bookings.

£15 if called out from standby and subsequently stood down on report.

Day Off Payments (Taxable):
Captain - £250
First Officer - £180

Agreed claimable own way travel allowance (round trip) to/from:
EDI/GLA to LHR/LGW - £90.00
GLA/EDI to MAN/LPL - £90.00
LPL/MAN to LHR/LGW - £90.00
STN to LHR/LGW - £50.00
LHR/LGW to LGW/LHR - £40.00
ABZ to EDI - £60.00
ABZ to LHR/LGW - £150.00
MME to LHR/LGW - £90.00
GLA/EDI to MME - £90.00
GLA/EDI to EDI/GLA - £50.00

Due to the mileages they cover annually, Examiners (TRE/TRI) may claim mileage at 40p per mile.
Accommodation is provided for Aircrew when on duties away from nominal base on a Bed only basis. Crew are expected to pay for meals whilst on detachment from their £30/night allowance or per diems.
1. Own Way Travel. Crew members wishing to self position MUST notify Hotac within 10 days of roster publication.

2. Self Accommodation. Crew members wishing to self accommodate MUST notify Hotac within 10 days of roster publication.

There will no allowance paid if Hotac have booked travel or accommodation and are unable to obtain a refund .

Increments for additional responsibilities
(All percentages added to Basic Salary)

Ground Instruction 4%

Line Training 6%

TRI (Simulator) 2%

TRE (Simulator/Aircraft) 5%

Base Administrator 4%

All straight from the fleet manager........ after all the heartache of last summer and the sh*t winter,please....... give us a break.....it's less than 4%.....it's SH**!!!

Knee Trembler
24th Mar 2008, 21:21
Apart from the rather mean day off payments it all looks standard stuff to me :confused:

More to the point is whether or not they behave like a reputable airline these days.

I had a verbal offer in 2005 and a bill from GECAT for £18k for the type rating. In the end, I couldn't get Globespan to put the offer in writing and so dropped out at the last minute with much hard feeling on all sides (except GSM!).

In the end I went to XL who paid me through my training and only presented the bill for the type rating AFTER the course! Guess who I would recommend :ugh:

KT

Phileas Fogg
25th Mar 2008, 02:35
Does £30 not cover an evening meal and breakfast, with quite a surplus to spare, or am I missing something?

P.S. Stay in the Holiday Inn (ex Post House) at LGW, crews were on, 10 years ago, $3 per hour and took the 'mountain' breakfast at Tesco's next door for £1.99 :)

no sponsor
25th Mar 2008, 08:13
It's better than Jet2.

We don't get increments, and they charge a whopping 23K for a classic TR...

:{

Mungo Man
25th Mar 2008, 09:21
it's a blood*y joke-right ???

Which bit is a joke Jimmy? It seems like a reasonable deal, infact its slightly better than the Ts & Cs at my company. Like someone said, only the day off payements are lower. I'd love to be on a basic of £40k in year one... I can only presume you are experienced and are looking to move from BA or something.

bluefalcon
25th Mar 2008, 10:44
All my respects to Flyglobespan staff but I agree with Jimmy and no way I agree that this is a reasonable deal like mungo said. Are you crazy 30 quid a day?? out of base, that doesnt give you for gumm. And the accomodation is just a joke. Evrything else seems very close to being a joke too. I would go for Ryanhell a million times before these guys. And they dont even pay for accomodation!!

just my opinion.

:p

JB007
25th Mar 2008, 11:36
I have to agree with the few above; It looks like standard small lo-co stuff to me!

Not sure if you we're expecting something amazing after such a bad summer, from TD???!! Never gonna happen, he still owes me some money from his purchase of Excalibur Airways....

apron
25th Mar 2008, 15:20
sounds like quite a decent deal...I'd say it's more than the Flybe guys get on a Jet and is very similar to my t and c's for a different Loco. Also considering how long GS have been in the market the deal certainly looks competative. A year 10 f/o at our place would love to be on over 50k basic!

FlatBroke
25th Mar 2008, 17:12
Have to agree with Jimmy Riddle on this. The flyglobespan package looks pretty poor. It would appear that the gsm folks are doing the same work as their counterparts at the likes of Thomas Cook, Thomsonfly/First Choice, what was GB Airways but for about 15-20% less. Granted it might be slightly better than Jet2, but as a profitable company gsm should certainly be able to offer a better package.

skianyn vannin
25th Mar 2008, 17:56
Do you still need to hand over the plain brown envelope stuffed with cash to get the job in the first place, or has this practice been discontinued?

Jimmy Riddle
25th Mar 2008, 19:53
skianyn vannin
Do you still need to hand over the plain brown envelope stuffed with cash to get the job in the first place, or has this practice been discontinued?

The practice allegedly applied exclusively to F/O's, usually involved a cadetship or an association with a certain North East aeroclub. It disappeared when recruitment transferred from a certain small person to someone considerably taller and envelopes were no longer required.

We're not comparing apples and pears, since when has flying for a LoCo involved SSH-JFK-SFB-BOS-YHM not forgetting ACMI and ad-hoc charter work? Fact is an increase of less than 4% on an already sub-standard package for a long haul lifestyle sucks. Judging by the number of resignations already on the CP's mat I'm not the only one to think so.

JB007
25th Mar 2008, 20:09
Don't think it's fair to compare Globespan with Thomson/First Choice and Thomas Cook Airlines...as Jimmy said, "Apples and Pears"

Are GSM profitible? Looking from the outside in, it sounds a bloody mess!!!!

Mungo Man
25th Mar 2008, 20:30
Are you crazy 30 quid a day?? out of base, that doesnt give you for gumm.

Well how much do you need to eat?!!!

Jimmy Riddle
25th Mar 2008, 20:31
No annual figures out yet but internal guess is that the tour operator will reflect profits whereas the airline will show a considerable loss.
After last summer's fiasco I doubt his bank manager will be sending champagne round but that didnt stop TD taking his annual trip to the caribbean.....hey we all need a holiday eh? :E

Homer_J
29th Mar 2008, 19:02
does anyone know what there requirements are for DEC?

Jimmy Riddle
29th Mar 2008, 19:52
Can you stand upright without the aid of a stick or walking frame !!!

Lembrado
29th Mar 2008, 20:02
Hey Jimmy,

Why don't you get yourself onto the B757/767 fleet to earn some more money as that seems your main motivation.

L.

Jimmy Riddle
30th Mar 2008, 06:33
For a number of reasons Lembrado
1. Unlike some who came from Big Airways on a pension and are happy to work for pocket money, I don't have a 757/767 rating.
2. The company won't put 737 pilots on type rating courses because they cant spare them off the 737. This of course runs contrary to what I was told at interview.
Unless of course you happen to fly the 737 (very badly) at STN and do a deal with the little man mentioned earlier ! :yuk:
3. I like my life in Scotland, I like my days off at home, not 7000miles away in a third rate hotel in India. We are s'posed to be Scotland's airline so why do all the 757/767 guys spend their lives living in hotels? It suits some it doesn't suit everyone and the guys who cant stand it anymore are leaving.

Homer_J
If you are 737 or 757/767 rated check out Wynnwith,Storm or Zenon because contractors get a better package.

A4
30th Mar 2008, 20:25
w.r.t. mileage claims, my understanding is that HMRC allow 40p per mile. If your employer pays you less, you can claim the difference on your tax return. So if you're getting £50 for STN/LGW/STN you should be able to claim the extra £10... not that 40p/mile is anywhere near the true cost of running even an average car these days!

A4

Toastal
2nd Apr 2008, 11:37
Does anyone know if they'll be recruiting this autumn for next year? (all being well!!)

T:suspect: