PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up a computer that's slowed down

matt_hooks
24th Mar 2008, 03:02
Not an issue, but a really useful forum/website that has some extremely useful information for all those "my computer's running slow/takes ages to start up/keeps locking up" threads that crop up so regularly.

It's a forum, but free to join and they are massively helpful and extremely knowledgable. I'm no novice, but they've taught me a trick or five!

If you're having slow running computer type problems then go HERE (majorgeeks) (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407) and follow the instructions. 99% of the time this will cure the problems.

If not then sign up and post your problem in the relevant place, and one of the resident techies will do their best to help you out. The service is free, as the techies are all volunteers, vive les hackers! Of course it might take a little while to get a reply, due to the voluntary nature of the helpers, but I've always managed to get an answer.

I'm not advertising, I have no links to the site "except being a very satisfied and impressed customer) and receive nothing if you join up/use the services. I merely thought that I'd share what I've found to be an excellent resource with you guys and girls.

Cheers

Matt