PDA

View Full Version : Karumba here they come!

Alice Kiwican
23rd Mar 2008, 04:33
Well it appears it is that time of year again where Karumba gets inundated with Shrikes and C310's. Reliable source tells me 1st aircraft arrived yesterday with 2 more arriving today, 2 tomorrow and 1 Tuesday. All you guys and gals operating around the Gulf keep an eye and ear out and be safe with up to 6 aircaft operating below 3000' anywhere from Karumba to Gove or Weipa! Let the fun begin!!!

beaver_rotate
23rd Mar 2008, 05:31
Hmm and the odd pylot with low hours too I hear.

On another note, hope they brought protection... what was that poem again...?

there once was a cook from....

senshi
23rd Mar 2008, 05:34
I think tropo's are looking for another shrike driver for prawn spotting.. last time i was there (a couple of weeks ago), skytrans were still operating the titan into there as well.. beware of the phantom runway..

Alice Kiwican
23rd Mar 2008, 09:50
Also not to mention the Westwing Kingair that seems to visit most weekdays! Do Savannah still operate in and out of Karumba on a daily basis?

morno
23rd Mar 2008, 10:16
Nope. Savannah no longer do any of the Century Mine work. That's why West Wing's King Air's are flying around the Gulf a fair bit now.

morno

Defenestrator
23rd Mar 2008, 14:59
Wow...So has PP lost all rights to Century? Geez thats a turn up. Who does it now?

nomorecatering
23rd Mar 2008, 15:09
What are the equiements for the drivers these days. Few years ago it was 1500/500.

senshi
24th Mar 2008, 01:16
nmc... drivers for who boss? If you're asking about WW reference their King Air's, apparently they are trying to source the drivers from lower ranks focusing on progression rather than lateral hiring. I know of a chappy who just got into WW with no multi.. another had about 150 multi and got endorsed (coey endo???) on the King upon arrival. Ol' PP at savanah likes them young n' fresh! A few of the guys there in recent times had actually landed their first commercial jobs.. straight on to the PA-31 & BE58.

S

tinpis
24th Mar 2008, 01:26
Pffffttt...I remember the days when pilots would have to be able to eat a beer glass before they were allowed anywhere near Karumba

ForkTailedDrKiller
24th Mar 2008, 02:47
Pffffttt...I remember the days when pilots would have to be able to eat a beer glass before they were allowed anywhere near Karumba

That does it Tin - I'm sending you the bill for cleaning the coffee out of my keyboard!

Dr :8