PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar job

GANKER
23rd Mar 2008, 02:21
I know you have probably seen this quest 100 times but i will ask anyway.
I really dont want to start a winging post as i work for a large asian arline and hear about all the winging i can take on a daily basis!
Having said that I was wondering if the majority of guys enjoy flying the 320 and what are the times to command? is there seniority list?
Does having wide body Airbus time accelerate time to command?
And finally pay?
Look forward to posts or private message
Cheers

BeerBaron
23rd Mar 2008, 05:01
(1) Yes
(2) Varies enourmously. Being ex-Ansett helps. Having jet command > 50T MTOW helps. Joining from QF under the MOU helps. Otherwise wait your turn and expect to be bypassed by the previous 3 categories; anywhere from 3 to ? years depending upon expansion, recruitment and retention.
(3) Yes
(4) Yes, if it's A330 command time. Otherwise probably doesn't count for much.
(5) Try here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=317096)

GANKER
23rd Mar 2008, 05:21
thanks Baron,
So to clarify having 340 and 330 time about 8 yrs or so doesnt count unless command?
Im talking about the 320 that is not interested in flying 330. Do you get a choice?

BeerBaron
23rd Mar 2008, 05:33
Sorry, dude.

About the only advantage you have is that you won't have to pay for your A330 endorsement. You will have to pay for an A320 conversion if that's what you want to fly.

There's plenty of ex-AN guys with real command time out there just waiting to get back. I don't think any company will take an FO and make them a Captain straight away without looking at them first for a year or two. And there's plenty of FOs in Jetstar already with six years as FO and they'll want to be upgraded before you.

Try Tiger, they may be more desperate.

GANKER
23rd Mar 2008, 05:55
thx baron very informative!