PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

Parapunter
22nd Mar 2008, 23:09
I'm looking for a recommendation for a wireless keyboard & Mouse as I'm pig sick of having to contort myself & sit completely still in order to type anything at all with the MS setup I have.

I find that even though I am no mor than two feet from the receiver, it opts not to receive the signal, which must therefore be weaker than a kitten.

If anyone has a positive experience of a wireless setup (which works with Vista) then I would be heartily grateful to hear it.

Milt
22nd Mar 2008, 23:39
Have been using a Tevion wireless keyboard/mouse for about six months with wireless dongle about 3 feet from mouse and keyboard closer. Never a problem with wireless links. Ocassionally the batteries in keyboard and mouse run out of adequate voltage and tell me so by with missing characters or mouse pointer becoming random. Easily fixed by changing batteries. One needs to have a few spare charged batteries available.

Wouldn't go back to hard wired units.

Parapunter
23rd Mar 2008, 00:10
One indeed has rechargeable batteries & recognises the signs of missing characters, yet one still finds oneself wound up by the random nature of the idea of how Microsoft connection works. One minute you're on, one minute you're off..

cdtaylor_nats
23rd Mar 2008, 00:40
My HP wireless mouse tells me it needs the batteries changing with an on screen message.

I have HP wireless mice and keyboards and have never had a problem. The furthest away is about 7 feet.

FerrypilotDK
23rd Mar 2008, 02:05
...needs to work with Vista......Ther is part of the problem. Get a mac and order the wireless at the same time! The mighty mouse is a lovely and simple mouse that now comes wireless......OK doesnīt help, I know.....couldnīt help myself.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
23rd Mar 2008, 13:25
I have a MS wireless mouse that I use with my laptop. No problems at all, and when the battery runs out, it stops working......There's even a slot in the mouse to store the bluetooth dongle thingy, which turns the power off..:ok: