View Full Version : Air Hong Kong, the A300-600 cargo outfit

classicart
22nd Mar 2008, 10:45
Does anyone have interview experience with this airline?
Does one fly on a validation or will you need a chinese license?
And do they make you do a china medical or is the FAA medical valid?

Any tech q's and anything else that might be useful to get a guy through their hiring process will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and all the best to all

Cpt. Underpants
22nd Mar 2008, 15:11
I don't work for them, but this is what you can expect:

Hong Kong Licence (Issued by the HKCAD)
Hong Kong Medical (similar to FAA class 1)

Anything else?

Captains USD5000 a month, and a training bond.
Singapore based.
No housing assistance
No Insurance
No allowances
No travel benefits

But hey, it's BIG IRON, EFIS, the "Big Time", yeehaaa!! Hurry on up!! Denigrate your profession here!!

VR-HFX
22nd Mar 2008, 16:05
Undies

Trust that c...t GO didn't try and entice you there as well all those years ago:yuk:

Cpt. Underpants
22nd Mar 2008, 20:28
No, I'm in CX, but GO DID try and entice a few mates.

Disgraceful that after all his golden years in CX, the best of everything for such a long time and still he was so deluded and filled with grandiose visions that he became their front man...

greencandreaming
23rd Mar 2008, 00:00
The Question , is Audrey " still putting the lotion on "

classicart
23rd Mar 2008, 04:37
thanks undies...so not the best of conditions then eh.

but hey I can go fly a caravan in india or see if I can get on the BIG IRON for a year or so and then take it from there. I'm a zero hours on jets guy and heavy cargo is what I want to do.

HKCAD is that the same as a Chinese license or is there still a difference. I hear the Chinese medical is a bitch to get through... Is the HKCAD just as hard?

Anyone with interview experience or anything else that might be useful to get a guy through the Air Hong Kong hiring process will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

ulaula123
24th Mar 2008, 00:40
updates:
-No proper medical
-no food on second sector; only crackers and sodas
-no proper uniform

-NO UNION

Training bond is 90,000 USD for pilots with no jet experience.

Panties, they increased salary (80% pilots already left),it is 10,000 USD (including perdiem) based on 50 hrs. for Captains,now.

Now you know why profit in CX is 70% up!

Rgds..

hongkongfooey
25th Mar 2008, 03:25
see if I can get on the BIG IRON for a year or so

might wanna make that 3 years or so.... due to ridiculous bond ( which is legal in Singapore BTW )

classicart
25th Mar 2008, 03:40
ok then 3 years...but do you have any info on how to get in?

classicart
25th Mar 2008, 07:55
I appreciate all the feed back I have gotten so far, but none of it has been real useful unfortunately.

I realise that most of you guys possibly have a bunch of jet time and can be a bit more picky about where to go, but the heaviest I have flown is a single engine turbo prop with 5000 twin time in pistons.

So when a company like AHK invites me to come for an interview (where most others don't even contact me because they require at least 500 hrs on jet) I ofcorse jump to the oportunity to finally get some jet time...whether the conditions are only so so or better somewhere else is a lesser concern for me right now...ok 3 years with the devil is a long time, but never getting your foot in the door is a drag too...

anyway thanks again to all of you

here is what I need:
1. how tough is the medical if any?
2. how tough is the selection process, if any...lol?

AAIGUY
25th Mar 2008, 10:27
Medical is not that big a deal.

Interview is personal chat and a sim.

Knowledge of your own aircraft, common sense and being a likable person are
required.

I don't work there..but several friends from HKA have interviewed there recently and 2 of our previous Mgrs (both some of the best guys in the biz) are there now.

Good Luck - But know you WILL be there for 3 years as the bond is binding.

classicart
25th Mar 2008, 14:40
thanks AAIGUY... is there anyone actually working for Air Hong Kong and wants to PM me instead

classicart
1st Apr 2008, 05:57
has anyone recently gone through the interview...can you share details?

shadow2
3rd Apr 2008, 05:31
Don't worry about the interview, , they need people who are blinded by the shinyness of the big iron, come join the fun, when the shine wears off you'll have some market skills that are in demand elsewhere, just expect to be pissed off for the duration of the bond (4 yrs) .If you can keep a smiley face for the best part of it , you'll fit right in.
S2

pilotcpb
4th Apr 2008, 00:12
Add me to the list too, sounds interesting, would like to hear more...

7Q Off
4th Apr 2008, 05:44
capt real requirements?

Looks like a good place for singles to build up some Widebody PIC time and then fly for a real job.

pilotcpb
4th Apr 2008, 18:57
I see they are 60% owned by CX. Are they similar to CX in any way, good o rbad?

air36
13th Apr 2008, 11:27
Anybody interested in applying for AHK, go to www.airhongkong.com.hk or send your resume to [email protected]. AHK is owned by Cathaty Pacific 60% and DHL 40% but the pay and benifits is very far from what Cathay Pacific is offering. The advantages for working for AHK are work schedules(commuting) 8-10 days work and 6-8 days off, flying only 45 to 60 hors per month without long haul flights, relaxed environment (small tight knit airline) and flying wide body aircraft. Captain's salary is about US$9500/month flying 45 hours including REI but if you fly above 45 hours, you get US$100/hour. First officers salary is about US$ 7000/month flying 45 hours and US$70/per above 45 hours. Base options are Singapore, Penang and Hong kong but no housing allowance, no education allowance, no travel allowance but ID90 tickets thru Cathay Pacific (impossible to get in and ID90 still expensive), limited medical benifits, no loss of license but only loss of income coverage and you have to pay tax. (SIN about 10% and HKG/PEN is about 15%) AHK now came up with a gratuity scheme, US$20,000 for Captains and US$15,000 for First Officers for the first 4 years and subject to board approval another gratuity pay on the 5th year, 6th year and so on. Mutual fund or CPF is also offered for the pilots but company contribution is only limted to around US$200-300/month. Overall AHK is a good company to work for if your prioritiy is a commuting job with a decent pay to the amount of work you're doing. The benefits are not that good compared to Cathay but if you want to get jet or wide body experience, salary is acceptable to your standards and can stay until your bond is manageable to pay and move on to another airline then AHK is the best option for those without jet experience. Off course im not saying its a perfect airline and AHK needs to address some issues but generally my experience working for AHK is very pleasant and enjoyable. Hope I relayed useful information to those interested in joining Air Hongkong.

ulaula123
14th Apr 2008, 10:06
Yesterday in Herald Tribune:
FedEx widebody Captain annual salary: 240,000us$
First Officer widebody: 160,000us$

It looks like AHK pay is about 50% compare to FedEx!

navimaster
15th Apr 2008, 06:28
Is there any possibility for a graduate like me with just a CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL and only 200 hours on Single and Multi Engine piston engine aircraft to get a job there??

Capt Vertigo
15th Apr 2008, 15:37
Yes..! You may want to try HKA/HKE provided you have the right skin. :ok:

jetpic
4th Jun 2008, 06:55
Air36: Every other post confirm a first salary of around $4000 US/month and no base in HK. Has this changed recently?

How does ID90 ticket work?

Thanks

dekka007
4th Jun 2008, 07:15
There are bases avail in SIN/PEN/HKG (HKG after employed for 6 months I think).

Salaries take home before tax on average recently FO US$7000-US$8000. Capt US$10000-US$11000.

Fairly Basic Medical, Pension fund US$5000 per year, Basic Income Protection.

Gratuity Payment US$20k (Capt) after 4 years and possibly year 5 and year 6 also.

ID90 travel on CX / KA but so low priority its not worth anything.

Rostering is getting better with 8 days on 6 days off becoming the norm at last with 45-55 hours flying per month.

Overall the package is improving slowly it is getting there but not industry standard for HKG by any means.......

Kenny
4th Jun 2008, 20:33
dekka007,

Not sure where you got those figures but I got a call for an interview later this month and the paperwork that came with the email shows a basic salary of US$46k/year + a Core Flying Payment of around US$1440/month, for 45 hours of flying as an FO.

Either way, I'm earning about US$30k more as a CRJ Captain in the US. There's no way I'd consider this unless unless a realistic housing payment was included and a lot more basic $$.

It's a bit of a joke really and anyone prepared to work for such a ridiculous salary should take a long hard look in the mirror!

dekka007
5th Jun 2008, 01:57
The figures I quoted are correct as of the current terms and conditions at AHK June 2008. Trust me :)

Ontop of the above figures you were quoted is REI of $91 per day.

Looking at the monthly average for a roster over the last 6 months it has been around 55 hours per month. Bearing in mind that anything above 45 hours the rate increases by double if I recall per hour.

I agree housing should be added to the AHK package ASAP and the salary is crap compared to KA/CX in HKG. The days off are the major draw with this outfit and allow a commuting roster anywhere in Asia/Oz easily.

If you are getting US$14k per month as a CRJ Captain in the US then stick with that obviously....

The tax is 10%-11% for the SIN base btw.

jetpic
5th Jun 2008, 17:07
Apart from the housing, this seems like a great opportunity.

Airlines are restructuring pretty much everywhere and hiring will be slow for a while.

$7000 to start as an FO is not a bad salary,

They do have ID90, but I do am not sure about priority. They say it should be no problem commuting with CX/KA.

No base in HK for now.

ACMS
7th Jun 2008, 01:33
"Sorry that was an interview now you work for us"

Don't believe all the spin, Cx will tell you anything they can to suck you in.

They say it should be no problem commuting with CX/KA.

good one!! I hope you like 10+ hrs in Y class. We have a lot of trouble getting J class most of the time.

jetpic
7th Jun 2008, 02:59
Thank you ACMS. I do agree with you not to beleive it all.

For some of us with ****ty jobs in the US, this sounds pretty good.

Though , it is a bit worrying at times reading all these posts.

act700
14th Jun 2008, 09:09
Kennydekka007,

Not sure where you got those figures but I got a call for an interview later this month and the paperwork that came with the email shows a basic salary of US$46k/year + a Core Flying Payment of around US$1440/month, for 45 hours of flying as an FO.

Either way, I'm earning about US$30k more as a CRJ Captain in the US. There's no way I'd consider this unless unless a realistic housing payment was included and a lot more basic $$.

It's a bit of a joke really and anyone prepared to work for such a ridiculous salary should take a long hard look in the mirror!

That's funny! What did you start out at when you began flying the RJ? A bit hypocritical, are we?

Kenny
16th Jun 2008, 11:11
Well since you ask ACT, I started out at what was at the time, the best starting pay at any regional in the US at around 35K all in for my first year. That was 5 years ago.

So considering AHK are offering $46/year for an A300 job, my comment still stands.

You're probably ex-Mesa after a comment like that...........

luftwolfmann
17th Jun 2008, 00:04
Kenny,

I believe you meant 35k for your Second year, I am an ex Coex made 22k on my first year. And yes, it was around 5 years ago.

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 02:29
Actually, I meant 33K at ZW. Amazing how a good contract and work rules make a difference.

But that's not the point; this a job that's not a first airline job and requires a certain level of experience. Namely a few thousand hours of turbine experience and as such you should be properly compensated.

dekka007
17th Jun 2008, 03:27
So your saying that you get 33K more per year than a AHK Captain flying a CRJ Kenny.

So a AHK Captain gets say US$130K per year give or take 1K. You are getting US$163k per year which works out at US$14K per month right before tax..so your earning US$3K more before tax.

I am pretty sure that by the time you pay your income tax and likewise at AHK the salaries will be similar. Bearing in mind this is a year 1 salary when you join AHK not after 2 or 3 years.

Secondly are you getting 12-13 days off a month minimum? Its more of a life style job at AHK - I have done the CRJ type flying in europe for a long long time and no way would i go back to 4 sector days 5 days a week...keep the extra 3k :)

You must have the best CRJ job in the world even europe a CRJ Skipper is about just over half your salary mate.

I am not saying AHK is a great job but it serves its purpose of easy flying, blocks of days off a month to allow to commute anywhere in asia, oz.. and the money for most is pretty decent for most compared to where they come from.

You make your choices I guess but AHK does have its advantages for lifestyle over Huge salary. I would love another 2k-3k on the AHK Salary per month as would anyone and MANY MANY things need improved in AHK which are starting to happen slowly (Thank God) however it's also nice having DHL and CX backing for job security at these times right now.

Please also note have a look at Korean Airlines Captain Salary, ANA, SIA Cargo on widebody jets works out about not that much more than your salary a month I believe.

7Q Off
17th Jun 2008, 03:37
money is not bad if you compare it with lifestyle.

Some housing plus more extra benefits (a better provident fund, etc) should do the trick.

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 11:32
No Dekka, that's NOT what I said. If you read my post, you'll see I only quoted the figures for AHK FO's and compared it to what I was earning at the moment.

My quality of life is actually the best it's been since I started flying; 15-16 days off and I live 7 minutes from work.

Next time you want get all sanctimonious and sarcarstic, you might want to read the post you're replying to. You won't look as much of a d!ckhead........

Look, it's really simple; Every time one of us extremely smart pilots accepts a job that has lower T+C's than it should, in comparison to others or even historically, we screw ourselves in the future. Why offer decent money for that 777 job when the guys you'e looking at came from an A300 and earnt at lot less. It's happened here in the US and it's likely to infect the rest of the world, unfortunately.

This isn't even about getting rich. Anyone who thinks you can still do that in this industry is living in La-La land. This about being treated like the professionals, we used to consider ourselves. Somewhere over the last 10 years, we forgot that!

dekka007
17th Jun 2008, 12:14
You don't seem to underststand tho FO Salary is not just 46k/year it works out at around 85k/year but then again whats the point of even discussing anything with people like you - I give up...

as long as your happy mate thats the main thing.

I tell you what tho I am glad you are not coming to AHK. as I am sure the other good guys who work at AHK would agree.

You come across as being a complete nasty tw*t.

Stay where you currently work and do the rest of the world a favour.... :)

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 14:45
Dekka,

I do realise that English is not your first language so I'll excuse the fact that you interpreted anything I've said in my previous posts as either nasty or worthy of being called a tw@t. (It was tw@t and not twit, I take it?)

However, any numbers I've refered to regarding the salary at AHK come directly from the email they sent me. Now you're telling me that you can make an extra $40,000 over the basic salary? And still have the quality of life that you've said make up for the low basic?

Come on, that sounds incredible to say the least and would put the AHK guys on a par with EK, KA and almost CX.

What makes me laugh is that you've been so defensive about all of this, the phrase "the lady doth protest too much" springs to mind.

act700
17th Jun 2008, 15:10
Kenny,

No, I'm not Mesa, or for that matter any regional. I didn't go that route because of what you supposingly claim-I didn't take a shine jet because of that insultingly low pay.
And I don't believe for one second that there ever was a regional starting you out at 35000 in the first year. Yeah, right; maybe, and even then I don't know, if you worked every extra day that you legally could. But where's the life in that.
I'm glad I didn't get to taste regional life.

On the AHK issue, I won't get in on that, because I don't know.

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 16:21
ACT,

Fair enough. But yes I did work my arse off my first year. My choice and it was pretty tough. If you're lucky enough to work for a carrier that has Trip and Duty rigs, full cx/wx pay, block or better on a leg by leg basis, 1.5 for open time and not have to sit reserve, you'll end up getting paid for a lot more than the hours that go in your logbook. When I started at ZW, other than Horizon, I'm pretty sure we had the best new hire pay.

Short of posting my W2, I'm not sure what more to say.

dekka007
17th Jun 2008, 16:49
Kenny,

Last post on here because you are starting to irritate me.

English is my first language and it was **** not twit - :)

In this thread all I have simply stated is the facts with regard to AHK salary and they are FACTS. I am not defensive about it I am just tired of stating facts when people who know nothing about the airline comment.

Good luck with your flying career.

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 18:35
Aww come on Dekka, don't get all girlie on me.

Seriously though, there are a lot of guys that are looking for jobs and they just want to know what they can expect. On the one hand you've told us that you can expect to almost double your basic salary and fly around 45-55 hours a month. That just doesn't make sense given the numbers AHK gave me. If I'm wrong fine but you've not really explained how you can make an extra $40,000 a year.

If anyone is really interested in AHK and wants to see the figures they send out to interviewees, let me know and I'll forward it to you.

anchorriver
17th Jun 2008, 19:33
Dekka,

Don't waste your precious time for this Kenny boy, mate. I don't wanna fly with this idiot in future in our ops.

7Q Off
17th Jun 2008, 20:29
FO salary is 46K a year, 3833 usd a month.

They pay 32 usd each hr for the first 45 hs. That is 1440 usd a month.

Basic plus 45 hs is 5373 usd.

each extra hr of 45 is paid 70 usd. Let say 5 hs exta a month, thats 350 usd.

Basic plus 45 hs plus extra 5 hs thats a total of 5623 USD flying 50 hs a month.

perdiems are 700 usd for 8 days. 16 days a month aprox 1400 usd a month.

Basic (3833 usd) + 45 hs (32 usd x hr) + 5 hs (70 usd x hr) + Per diems (1400 usd) = 7023 usd a month.

11 months full salary plus 1 month basic salary (vacations with no flying, no per diem, etc) = 81086 usd per year.

act700
17th Jun 2008, 21:12
Kenny,

No, I'm not Mesa, or for that matter any regional. I didn't go that route because of what you supposingly claim-I didn't take a shiny jet because of that insultingly low pay.
And I don't believe for one second that there ever was a regional starting you out at 35000 in the first year. Yeah, right; maybe, and even then I don't know, if you worked every extra day that you legally could. But where's the life in that.
I'm glad I didn't get to taste regional life.

On the AHK issue, I won't get in on that, because I don't know.

act700
17th Jun 2008, 21:14
sorry about the double post-stupid internet!!

Kenny
17th Jun 2008, 23:53
Thank you 7Q, that's all it needed.

dekka007
18th Jun 2008, 00:17
Now you're telling me that you can make an extra $40,000 over the basic salary? And still have the quality of life that you've said make up for the low basic?

I guess the answer to your question that you have finally accepted after 3 days is yes...

Who looks like the d1ckhead now - Case closed.

:ok:

7Q Off
18th Jun 2008, 02:51
simple maths.

etops777
18th Jun 2008, 04:37
from www.airlinepilotcentral.com, there are no Airlines in the US (operating CRJs)that would pay over 6 figures USD/year.

Obviously, this guy is talking horse shxt.

Oz_TB10
18th Jun 2008, 05:17
Just look where he's from, nuff said!

Tahir
18th Jun 2008, 08:05
Its mean that someone Can be a Part of AHK just right after his/her Training?
Compare to their Hiring requirements Someone will have that type of hours,Experience during his training.
Direct Entry First Officers (Ab-initio)

Hold a valid ICAO Commercial Pilot's Licence (CPL) together with a 'Frozen' ATPL i.e. has passed all ATPL examination subjects
Have a minimum of 250 hours fixed wing experience
Hold a valid multi-engine instrument rating
Hold a current Class 1 medical certificate
Have as a minimum ICAO Level 4 fluency in spoken English

Am i right?

navimaster
2nd Jul 2008, 09:06
I am interested in the Ab-Initio DEFO offered by AHK, because I'm a fresh graduate with Frozen ATPL with 0 Jet Hours.

Getting into AHK would be great for me, because I would be flying a widebody and I love the 8 days on 6 days off lifestyle. Don't mind with the 4 years bond, I'm willing to spend the 4 years to clock up my widebody Jet hours. :ok:

Tahir
2nd Jul 2008, 16:25
Good luck mate:)

Oz_TB10
2nd Jul 2008, 18:04
Just a quick question for those inside:

1. Who is running the show there?
2. Who is the CP?
3. Whats the morale like?

Thanks in advance

Oz

Cripple 7
6th Jul 2008, 00:34
Their uniform is awful. They will look a lot better if they will stop wearing those stupid jackets and wear the real leather jackets. Don't forget to add the hat, too!:ok:

ulaula123
6th Jul 2008, 01:54
Regarding jacket good idea but hat,everybody will resign!
RD would be very happy to order red hats with yellow tail-to represent CX/ DHL partnership.:\:{:=

Fullblast
6th Jul 2008, 20:16
Sorry guys...I probably miss something, but the figures in the 3d are referred to ab-initio f/o or a direct ones with higher minimum requirements...or maybe no difference?

I barely hit the minimums for DEFO, do you think have any chanche to be hired? How's life for european guys? Pretty much upset to leave Italy...but my current work going really bad...and..must admit...big iron sounds good!!

FB

Fullblast
7th Jul 2008, 18:46
No answers...are you all flying?

FB

xdc9er
8th Jul 2008, 09:28
FB check your PM's
X

FooFighter
8th Jul 2008, 11:06
xdc9er, would be really grateful if you could forward this info to me as well...thanks...I'm in the same situation as FB...

jetpic
15th Jul 2008, 02:35
Do they have any Jumpseat privileges with some airlines, or just ID90 with CX/KA?

jetpic
16th Jul 2008, 16:18
Anyone with a serious answer? :)

Capt Vertigo
17th Jul 2008, 17:06
Join them, get sucked in and you will find out..!

Good luck.

Cronus
17th Jul 2008, 19:01
Good one Captain..

Why don't you f*ck off to Hong Kong Airlines with the rest of them.

I for one am tired of this thread. There are quite a few of us here in Hong Kong with friends in AHK.

jetpic
17th Jul 2008, 19:05
Unfortunately, this forum is not as informative as it used to be.
So much politics, hate and bs...What a shame
I guess it is pointless looking for answers here...

Sonic69
1st Aug 2008, 14:11
I for one am interested in how Classicart fares with his interview and whether he takes up the job at Air Hong Kong or not.

Classicart, any updates on your situation?

Capt Vertigo
2nd Aug 2008, 13:46
I for one am tired of this thread.

CRONUS

If you are tired of this thread, then don't open/look and mind your own buisness then!! :}

Don't have tell others what to do either.. :=

Chill bro!

Cronus
2nd Aug 2008, 17:31
Back to Flight Sim 2000 for you Vertigo..

CeSa
7th Aug 2008, 13:26
will CX/KA hire pilots from AHK?
i know CX doesn't hire pilots from KA and vice versa (of course not including the the recent combination of seniority)

and how does the AHK uniform look like?

taz
8th Aug 2008, 01:15
Really? I thought CX's backed up with FO training right now due to all the oasis and KA pilots going over.

Who cares about how the uniform looks like. i don't think the cargo boxes will find you appealing with your pilot uniform on :cool:

Left Wing
8th Aug 2008, 05:05
http://jakal.co.nz/images/header-courier-160.jpghow does the AHK uniform look like? ... same as the DHL truck diver....

CeSa
8th Aug 2008, 05:20
:ok:......................

act700
19th Sep 2008, 15:23
Boys, Boys,...., let's not get in a "my dong's bigger than yours contest", cause, well, quite frankly you'd all lose!!!:cool:

And I'm sorry to have to say this, but I think the DHL courier outfits look a lot better than some airline uniforms (Skybus for ex).

Flame away.....

Any constructive news on any latest AHK interviews?

SiNGH08
26th Sep 2008, 22:12
Is pay increasing each year or is this one pay for all fo? is training pay same also? commuteing pilots do you need a place to stay in your base? or are trips 8 days away from base so commute home and no need of apartment in base? sorry if my questions are not correct. some guy complained my english is difficult to read. regards. singh

777Efoh
31st Dec 2008, 14:29
Any AHK pilot care to answer what is the time to command for a direct entry FO and if jumpseating on company aircraft on your off days to your home is allowed?

Thanks in advance and all the best for the new year.

stone_crusher
22nd Jan 2009, 09:49
wat is the hiring situation in AHK for ab-initio Fos
any info pls......
TC

hongkongfooey
23rd Jan 2009, 08:10
Stone, as with everybody else I believe they are not hiring at the moment and also have a pool of applicants lined up for when they do

SiNGH08
23rd Jan 2009, 11:40
How many in thw pool? Do they have cadets there as well?

stone_crusher
24th Jan 2009, 04:17
thankx for the reply......
any advice of any companies where i can build turbine time
TC

Farman Biplane
27th Jan 2009, 00:50
If every major airline around this region is experiencing a huge drop off in cargo revenue, but still getting some paying pax, then AHK must be hurting! Mind you fuel is now cheap...isn't it?

dekka007
27th Jan 2009, 01:17
If every major airline around this region is experiencing a huge drop off in cargo revenue, but still getting some paying pax, then AHK must be hurting! Mind you fuel is now cheap...isn't it?

There has not been that large drop in EXPRESS cargo loads although a drop has occurred but not as much as general freight. Remember AHK business is not GF its that pricey next day delivery stuff.

Office's are still needing to send Express documents and electronics providers are still sending their Laptops (Apple for example) by express to end-users and distributors/resellers.

AHK I guess is a niche market with DHL business doing very well across Asia even in the current economic turmoil. So much so that rumour has it AHK will be getting bigger airplanes this year and more routes.

There is also the fairly reliable rumour that AHK is more profitable than KA.

AHK is probably one of the most secure jobs in the region (Although the Terms & Conditions are due further tweaking.)...however how long that will last is anyones guess.

geh065
27th Jan 2009, 12:10
The 'wet-lease' plans for the Cx 744 freighters that have been referred to in management updates refer to AHK leases.

Flying Mechanic
30th Jan 2009, 04:15
get some MD11's while they r cheap!

geh065
31st Jan 2009, 03:11
There aren't many of those on the market!

sinkingship
31st Jan 2009, 04:12
I heard they were looking for MD's possibly from EVA, 747 too much capacity for their current operation.

Flying Mechanic
31st Jan 2009, 10:32
the 4 transmile ones r still parked at KL. Yep Eva could offer there a good deal, Aircraft, training and maintanence. Theres few MD in the desert now, x-Gemini ones.

ehcguedes
8th Feb 2009, 01:13
Hello Gentlemen,
I would very much appreciate any information concerning the minimum requirements for Captains at AHK, as in the website I´ve seen only 5000 total + 2000 jet + 1000 PIC. Is that PIC meaning on type, or in general.
Anyway thank you for the previous threads.
Respectfully,
Eduardo Guedes.

learfo
5th Feb 2010, 04:54
I'm flying a G-IV. right now with about 3300 hrs. I'm not a captain by no means, but I left a captain job to move my but half way across the world for an empty promise, I was promised 90k/year USD. But I'm making about 85k. I want AHK cause I want stability and a life. We don't fly that much and I don't feel like a pilot anymore. I fly like 2 times a month. Most would think I'm crazy considering a job at AHK. But I think its reasonable. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that. back then u probably will give your left nut flying for a company like AHK. U should know how you got there in the first place if you're a CRJ driver. U probably was flying for pinch a nickel. U probably whored yourself out for 20/hr US. And now it probably took you 6 years of being a whore to get to where you are now. I agree. There should be housing but please there are lots of people in here that has more integrity then when you first started. So please give the low timers a break. Not to mention you probably was one of those zero to hero guys who never paid their dues. Take it for what its worth. Plus, u don't have a choice unless someone offers you a job. By the way, this was in response to Kenny's post. Keep the faith low timers. and when you become somebody always remember where you come from.

9M_JON
5th Feb 2010, 07:41
Or even of they do at all from initial submission of application forms?

SiNGH08
5th Feb 2010, 09:48
Whom is Kenny? I do not see any kenny posting here any negative about you. This is very confusing lear. If youare so angry how can you hope to pass interview?

I am hoping for ab initio position but appears they are not looking for such pilots now. Any news?

RedBaron246
7th Feb 2010, 23:48
AHK, what a joke!

dekka007
8th Feb 2010, 02:12
AHK, what a joke!

Why is that then? :rolleyes:

RedBaron246
9th Feb 2010, 21:07
Why is that then?

- Hiring Direct Entry Captains even though most FO's are ready for CMD

- Bias RT/PC's

- Junior Captains becoming TC's over Senior Captains

- Direct Entry Captain becoming CTC in 6 months AND without even becoming a TC or STC first

- Former CTC, DCTC and MQSS all resign with in months from one another

- Crew moved out of Headland. So much for 60% CX owned

- CMD assesment for Asians different from the Caucasians

Shall I continue? :D

bumba
11th Feb 2010, 08:53
Direct Entry Captains:
Valid ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's Licence (ATPL)
Minimum of 5000 hours fixed wing experience including:
Minimum of 2000 hours jet experience
Minimum of 1000 hours PIC (pilot in command)
Valid multi-engine instrument rating
Current Class 1 medical certificate
Fluency in spoken and written English.

Direct Entry First Officers:
Valid ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's Licence (ATPL)
Minimum of 3000 hours fixed wing experience including:
Minimum of 1000 hours Jet Experience
Valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating
Current Class 1 Medical Certificate
Fluency in spoken and written English

=================================================
... anybody know if the are looking for DEFO NTR? thanks

classicart
11th Feb 2010, 10:33
what is:

RT/PC
TC
CTC
STC
DCTC
MQSS
DEFO NTR

much obliged

Capt Vertigo
11th Feb 2010, 13:43
Hear AHK hire DEFO with less 500hrs too, depends where you from. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Happy landings

Cpt. Underpants
11th Feb 2010, 15:08
RT/PC = Recurrency Training/Proficiency Check
TC = Training Captain
CTC = Check & Training Captain
STC = Senior Training Captain
DEFO NTR = Direct Entry F/O, Non-Type Rated

DCTC = ?
MQSS = ?

classicart
11th Feb 2010, 15:26
thx cpt up

airplaneridesrfun
13th Feb 2010, 12:24
They just want cheap pilots. Of course they will have you, as long as you are willing to lower the bar for every airline pilot in the world. Think about what you are doing to your profession before considering this job. If you are ok with undercutting every civilized countries pilot pay, then go for it!

bmarley26
25th Feb 2010, 07:33
I'm looking to move to Hong Kong soon,
Just finished ATPL's,
I was one of those Pesky REX cadets(Regional Express) and I've accrued 1200 hours total time, with 1000 of that as an F/O multi-crew on a SAAB340
what do you guys think my chances are of being a successful applicant for AHK.
any advice to improve my chances?
Regards BOBBY:ok:

bumba
25th Feb 2010, 07:46
airplaneridesrfun

what is the package deal at AHK for a Junior FO?thanks

Skyezalimit
28th Feb 2010, 18:59
Hi everyone,
Any idea what is the 2010 salary for F/O with AHK?
I got an email saying

"You are currently under consideration for selection to attend an
Initial Interview in Hong Kong.

However, to be eligible for selection, you must have first completed
and returned, to the email address below, the attached Application for
Employment - Aircrew form.

Thank you for your interest in AHK.

Rgds,
AHK Air Hong Kong Ltd"

Any information about the job and pilot life there, will appreciated.

Kind Regards

bmarley26
2nd Mar 2010, 03:41
Hey Skyez the limit,
I'm interested also in the sort of package they have
What sort of experience did you have when you applied for ahk?
I'd like to apply in 6 months or so

ROO-C26B
9th Mar 2010, 22:39
Received an email to fill in the application and return it with an updated CV. I've since sent in my application and CV that was 2 months ago. Nothing heard. I have TT5000 with 2000 jet over 50 tonnes. What are they looking for scratching my head for this one.

7Q Off
12th Mar 2010, 05:32
Are they hiring commanders or just FO?

Any news on the BCF or MD11?

Best wishes,

air36
14th Mar 2010, 15:37
FO US$ 7000-8000
CAPT US$10,000-11,000

flying 40-60 hours
roster: 8 days work then 6 days off

gratuity pay starts on the 4th year
FO US$15,000 and CAPT US$20,000

0% tax in Penang base
10-15% tax in Hongkong base
8-10% tax in Singapore base

7Q Off
15th Mar 2010, 16:36
still looking for CPT?

air36
16th Mar 2010, 03:41
not at the moment

9M_JON
16th Mar 2010, 09:09
Replied with regret. Over 4000+hrs TT and looking for FO position and domiciled in SE Asia.

9M_JON
17th Mar 2010, 10:29
cessna95,

Thanks, I was applying for the FO position. Thought they will be more keen for pilots with SE Asian passport, maybe I just didn't qualify. Good luck to the rest. Cheers.

hongkongfooey
18th Mar 2010, 11:45
Bmarley, unless things have changed one of the requirments is 1000hrs jet

bmarley26
20th Mar 2010, 11:37
Your correct about Air Hong Kong however for Hong Kong Express I believe its 1000 hours total with turbine experience preferred.

I'll let you know how I go,

wish me luck
Marley

40Deg STH
21st Mar 2010, 02:56
bmarly26, are you not bonded at Rex?? How does that work?

And some advice........avoid HKE/HKA. Apart from management issues and standards issues, the pay is far too low to accept. Its lowering the value our skills significantly

Just another student
22nd Mar 2010, 15:12
Anymore updates or information regarding AHK anyone?

What is the atmosphere like? Have things changed since the original few posts on this thread?

Are there many ex-pat crews who commute to base following days off? If so, what are typical accommodation arrangements for their 8 days on? I read in an earlier post that they no longer use Headland, where do they place crews now?

Is the roster 8 on / 6 off fixed, or is there flexibility to arrange days off to allow for european commuting?

The company seem on the surface to be in reasonable shape, any plans for expansion?

I have family and friends in HKG, hence my interest.

I have 2000tt with 1800hrs on 737-300/500, does this put me in the right ball park for required experience?

Cheers

JAS

cessna95
17th Apr 2010, 04:17
looks like selection has been a bit picky with regarding to TT. guys with jet time are not getting a shot at an interview. or maybe just the 1st interview.......

champ2121
29th Apr 2010, 11:00
Has anyone been to the first round of this years scheduled recruitment interviews for the A300? I know there were interviews commencing on 26th April, I've got mine coming up in Aug (as F/O) so I'll let you know what it's like then.

For those that might have been already, what was the assessment process like?

It seems there will be a 2nd round after the initial interview, are they expecting us to pay for travel and accommodation for round 2 aswell?!....not cheap as I'm coming from the UK.

Cheers

MD330
5th May 2010, 06:38
- Hiring Direct Entry Captains even though most FO's are ready for CMD
- Bias RT/PC

- Junior Captains becoming TC's over Senior Captains

- Direct Entry Captain becoming CTC in 6 months AND without even becoming a TC or STC first

- Former CTC, DCTC and MQSS all resign with in months from one another

- Crew moved out of Headland. So much for 60% CX owned

Shall I continue? :D

RedBaran:

Rumour out there, management is breaking up. :rolleyes: Back stabbing, mud slinging among them. AD and RD at it again as they did in CX.!

CAD and DHL on them with AOC sitting on soft grounds. Smoking & sick note mismanagement issues. Seems the 'young asian bugger' took 'the Hitler' on..:D What a shame. :O May be dragged to court soon.??

Training department in shambles with two chaps in-charge overnite.??

Terminated/sacked pilots from HKA/HKE seem to be taking over AHK. :D

“The Hitler” of AHK may have to step down.!

Happy and safe flight!

Capt Vertigo
5th May 2010, 10:51
That's why its called "an outfit" :D

RedBaron246

What happen to the thread you started?? Was it AHK's mismanagement again... :ugh:

Cheers!

KaptenLanun
5th May 2010, 15:32

Hey MD,
1st time in HK eh?? More to come from The Hitler of this "outfit" as pointed out by Vertigo................. :mad:

Turkpilot
5th May 2010, 22:28
I was supposed to interview there last month but got tied up so maybe this month. Still don't know if its for Captain or FO slot as i submitted for Captain but who knows...

xdc9er
6th May 2010, 14:04
The carpet cleaner mentioned to me,.. that judging by the candidates she see's each week, the hold pool is rapidly becoming crowded.
The DE Captain scheme seems to be squashed , all upgrades internal due experienced crew waiting in the sidelines .
The Tung Chung refueler seems to be of the same opinion.
X

MD330
7th May 2010, 15:29
RedBaron246

What happen to the thread you started?? Was it AHK's mismanagement again...

AM / RD would have got the administartor to remove the thread out of sheer embarassment!

Heard the young asean kid was thrown out of Regal Airport Hotel in the middle of night after initial enquiry on sick leave...!! :sad:
Any thruth? Find it a little difficult to believe..??

Happy and safe flying!

KaptenLanun
22nd May 2010, 09:09
Hmmm....Another 'star chambers' in the making , now in AHK?! :(

Sounds like 'Hitler alright!!

Fly safe!

Turkpilot
27th May 2010, 09:41
Who is this Hitler i keep hearing about? I have an interview coming up soon for a DEC slot. I asked them specifically was it Captain or FO and thats what they replied so i can only assume DEC is the same as it was for me in JAL Direct Entry Captain. I wonder how far out the 2nd interview will be if the 1st one goes good. I am at an airline in China now but the days off look much better at AHK and i too would like to get into something bigger then the B737NG.

xdc9er
29th May 2010, 07:32
The website is up to date, currently the last batch interviewed were for DEFO, some with (previous jet command),and have been accepted and been told they are in a hold pool, according to the cleaner from Tung Chung. Not much work beeing accomplished, (read not much flying ), judging by the happy hour at the China Coast , would have to agree or so I have been told.
X

Turkpilot
29th May 2010, 09:10
I was told DEC as when i had applied they listed both Cpt and FO. I queried them to make sure it was as a DEC and they told me yes. Now i have asked them to clarify that DEC is Direct Entry Captain, same thing that i was in Japan. Just want to make sure. On my letter it says this is for the initial interview only and there will be a 2nd interview sometime later. Can anyone tell me if one is hired what the training is like and how long. I am currently flying in China right now so guess my Chinese ATPL would be of no help, would need a HKG validation i think.

ReverseFlight
5th Jun 2010, 08:42
Chinese ATP is under a different system, will need to convert and at least take an Air Law paper.

bmwm5
8th Jun 2010, 04:38
Thinking of sending in my application but i only have just over 1500tt with 1200 on the bus.Will I be able to get a shot?Anyone who knows what is the realistic hiring minimums with AHK?Thank you

Capt Vertigo
8th Jun 2010, 06:30
Anyone who knows what is the realistic hiring minimums with AHK?For AHK anything goes from TT 200 hrs to cropdusting, bush flying, single pilot etc depending on the minute, hour or day..or the week ! :ok:
Oh yes, by the way only ONE guy decides.. probably the 'hitler' , someone mention earlier...?? :}

Good luck!

moon11
9th Jun 2010, 07:52
Capt Vertigo,you did not mention helicopter pilot and very interesting one:policemen (in UK for 10 years) with 250 hrs.

Cape Fear
11th Jun 2010, 08:01
Anyone on a July start date with AHK ?

xdc9er
11th Jun 2010, 10:28
Who ever is in the July course will be extremely blessed to have the insight of a CAD coursemate.....

STBY......

Cape Fear
12th Jun 2010, 08:32
CAD Coursemate ?

xdc9er
12th Jun 2010, 09:01
CAD=Civil Aviation Dept., as opposed to Computer Aided Design lol.sorry
X

geh065
13th Jun 2010, 07:28
Is it the CAD lady who 'flew' 777s for a while?

cessna95
22nd Jun 2010, 22:36
any updates on the coming interviews??

Capt Vertigo
2nd Jul 2010, 15:41
Who is this Hitler i keep hearing about? Who else can it be..... :rolleyes: may be mad dog...??

1. Image vs. reality

A manipulative bully is preoccupied with image, particularly his own. He wants to be viewed as highly competent and successful, selfless and noble, a true leader who only wants what is best for the company and the people who work there.
The reality, however, is vastly different. If you see through his mask, a disturbing truth appears: he is scheming and deceitful, driven by an obsessive desire for power, prestige and money.
His outward image is intended to convey virtue and self-sacrifice:
“I care about you. I care about the company. Trust me.”
But what he is actually thinking he would never say to your face:
“You don’t have my savvy, intelligence and strength. You aren’t aggressive and competitive, so you must be weak. I’m going to discover where you are vulnerable, and then use that to control your emotions and behavior.

“I will make you help me become more successful. I may cause you some pain, but that’s okay, because that’s my ‘tough management’ style. And if you don’t cooperate, I’ll make sure you don’t succeed here, or perhaps even get you fired.”
2. Center of his own universe

A manipulative bully never sees things through the eyes of others. That would require empathy, which he lacks. Instead, he creates his own reality, in which he is at the center.
What truly matters to a manipulator?

His own ambitions are most important, particularly financial and career success. He may also seek a vaunted status or even fame (at least within his vocation). He enjoys being the center of attention and wants everything to revolve around him. He derives satisfaction from successfully dominating others.
Why are some manipulators so self-absorbed and aggressive?

Self-absorption and aggressiveness often stem from a lack of control over impulses. When a manipulator lacks internal brakes (which occur naturally for those who are self-aware and care about others), he learns that pleasure comes through impulsiveness and aggression, especially when applied with a keen understanding of human weakness.
Or past successes may have taught him how to control the behaviors of others through exploitation of fear or guilt. Children learn quickly when guilt-ridden parents allow themselves to be manipulated into rewarding bad behavior, or when a weaker peer submits to dominating behavior.
Then as the bully embarked upon his career, he discovered these skills helped him succeed. His success fed his ego and increased his self-absorption, making it easier for him to justify this aberrant behavior as perfectly acceptable, even desirable.
Does a manipulative bully care about other people?

He only cares to the extent others can gratify his ego and help him succeed. Absent are the healthy relationships of mutual respect. He may experience the beginnings of selfless affection for someone else, but sooner or later his ego reasserts it primacy.
But why does a manipulative bully seem so concerned about people close to him?

He may seem concerned for the well-being of others, but usually this reflects a sense of ownership of those he dominates. In reality, he only cares about how they impact his power and reputation within the company. And his affection is conditional upon whether the people he “owns” continue to feed his ego. Disrepect him, even unintentionally, and the positive relationship is instantly destroyed.
Why is a manipulative bully so anxious to control the people he “owns”?

A bully never wants to look ineffective and powerless. In his thinking, if he can’t control the people close to him, upper management won’t view him as a strong leader. So he becomes frustrated when you show any independent thinking or actions that might threaten his control and tarnish his image.
Why is a manipulative bully so hot-and-cold in how he treats the people he “owns”?

He fluctuates wildly in his treatment of people he “owns” because his possessiveness leads to pride of ownership. When one of his possessions does something right, it gratifies his ego. But when he believes someone has made him look bad, he gets angry. And if he feels betrayed, he becomes jealous and retaliates.
But doesn’t a manipulative bully have normal relationships with others?

His relationships are never normal because they are defined by the power and control he has over others. In essence, he treats people like things, never respecting their rights as fellow human beings.
How does a manipulative bully develop such lasting relationships?

He knows how to gain power over others and keep it. He exudes charm and confidence in order to attract those who are naive or emotionally needy, providing them with friendship and camaraderie, or enticing them with promises of future rewards. His followers may stay loyal for many years, or even over their entire careers.

Doesn’t a manipulative bully feel bad about hurting and exploiting others?

He has no respect for people who are emotionally weak and vulnerable, so he doesn’t feel bad about exploiting them. At the same time, he believes that his superior intellect, uncommon wisdom and noble ambition justify his aggressively controlling other people. By forcing them to follow his leadership, he is doing them a favor (in his thinking). As the center of his own universe, he is very good at rationalizing his behaviors so that he feels noble and even heroic.
There's just so much correlating material I just don't know when to stop!

A mirror of CRM by Capt Toss Parker...Truely true!

hongkongfooey
7th Jul 2010, 01:52
Turk, FWIW I heard no more DECs at the moment too, but that could change tomorrow.
HKATPL validation will be about 6 exams, Human performance, A/C performance, Air law x 2, type exam, ( sorry cant remember the others )
That was for a current jet Captain with ATPL, non jet command candidates had a few more exams on top of that.

ATPL Looking4work
8th Jul 2010, 05:50
hi guys, I also have an upcoming interview....coming up in september. I know mine will not be DEC. does anyone have any credible information on AHK....if anyone is getting a job? are they are expanding? what the interview process is like and possible start dates? People that have been employed and their experiance?....coming from Australia I have a decent amount of experiance but you don't get a chance to fly jets of any sought bus/boeing either unless your awefully lucky and have alot of experiance...many thousands of hours..

i'm sure we would all appreciate it.

cheers..

Also to all the guys that also have interviews...does anyone know if we have been all told the same thing or is it conflicting?

krankin
15th Jul 2010, 23:20
Anyone got through recently?

Anyone applied in the last month and heard anything? Sounds like a break for us Aussie piston drivers if they take blokes without turbine!

Are they still taking guys with no turbine time??

K.

Sparrow1976
25th Jul 2010, 14:57
I have an interview soon.

Please help with any information about the interview process and what to expect.

If you don't feel comfortable posting this information, please send me a PM.

Thank you very much in advance!

KaptenLanun
29th Jul 2010, 15:23
Coincidentally with the return of Jedi across the road..........comes the in- house boys bypassing the Hitler for Dicky C in discussion of any flight operations matters............:confused:

Any idea guys??:uhoh:

Capt Vertigo
2nd Aug 2010, 14:37
Everybody in here trying catch a job . Please help each other ...

Hear AHK is hiring DEC for the A300 and B744 irrespective of jet experince or not. :ok:

Just submit your applications. ;) Desperado!

Good luck!

Chunks
7th Aug 2010, 20:51
Anybody have an interview with AHK recently and heard anything back from them yet?

Taltop
12th Aug 2010, 07:26
anyone........?

japanam
13th Aug 2010, 03:48
First stage interview at AHK, airfare and accommodation borne by applicant!

cessna95
23rd Aug 2010, 01:11
updates........anyone????

Slobby
28th Aug 2010, 22:29
I will attend the interview in September. I will give some feedback once I have my second interview.:)

Capt Vertigo
30th Aug 2010, 14:43
interview at AHK, airfare and accommodation borne by applicant!

Turning to be like Hong Kong Airlines! :ugh:

Good luck!

cessna95
9th Sep 2010, 23:28
TC-BHN,

What happened to your Aug 25 interview?? feedback please...........

krankin
15th Sep 2010, 09:54
Any updates guys?? Anyone have any info on the first interview??

Feel free to PM me guys!!

thepotato232
17th Sep 2010, 17:15
Any word on what level of experience seems to be the floor for the people who are getting interviews?

Oh, and put me down on the list of folks hoping to hear back from recent interviewees.

wlshwzd
17th Sep 2010, 21:44
AHK PPruners,

A few of you have obviously been to the interview process etc and would appreciate some information.
Regardless of whether you were successful or not, (there's something to be learned either way) please would you mind sharing your experience. Much appreciated in advance

Am certainly interested in what goes on in the first and second interviews ?

Can anybody elaborate on this ? What's the duration and what is the flow of events etc? Things to look out for ?:ok:

I understand the first interview is paid by the applicant and is in Singapore ?

If your lucky - Go for a second interview paid for by who and the location

Finally how long is it between second interview and a decision to hire you, getting typed and on line ?

Thanks chaps and chapesses

hunt234
22nd Sep 2010, 21:34
Are there any updates whatsoever? I tried to access the page that has the application on it and it wouldn't open.

Do you guys that are getting interviews there have internal recommendations? Are they still running new-hire classes?

hunt234

seventy-seven
22nd Sep 2010, 23:07
Can Not :bored::bored::bored: Solly

wlshwzd
26th Sep 2010, 04:40
Would anyone be kind enough to PM or post the AHK phone number for flight ops or recruitment ?

Thanks

krankin
27th Sep 2010, 08:28
HELLO!!! Is there ANYONE here who has been through any AHK interviews? Please guys, if there is any info on the interviews can someone PLEASE give it up!!

Must be a good company if there is no one bagging it here on the prune!!!

Come on guys!! Give it up!!

K.

7Q Off
8th Nov 2010, 01:05
Any improve on the terms? stil 9000 to 10000 usd per month for CP?

How the gratuity scheme works in AHK ?????

AsianFever
8th Nov 2010, 01:59
Its more than that now I believe friends there are getting 130000-140000USD Tax free as skipper.

and 20,000 bonus per year from year 4 tax free.

7Q Off
8th Nov 2010, 12:17
Thanks, my last package send by AHK was from 2007. :ok:

nobhead
8th Nov 2010, 13:05
Those numbers quoted for salary seem very high there asian fever, ya sure your correct? I think ya dreaming old son!!! they are the low cost arm of CX.
Where did you get your numbers from?

MD330
8th Nov 2010, 13:23
I believe friends there are getting 130000-140000USD Tax free as skipper.

Asian fever
Maybe your special friends that are related to management! :ugh:

ya sure your correct? I think ya dreaming old son!!! they are the low cost arm of CX.
Where did you get your numbers from?

Nobhead
You are absolutely right. :ok:
Korean Airlines full service airline don't get that kind of package leave alone a low cost outfit. :ugh:

Good luck and happy landings guys!

AsianFever
8th Nov 2010, 15:57
Figures I quoted above are correct met my friend for a coffee today saw his payslip for october 2010 with my own eyes.

10980USD take home tax free if penang or singapore based apparently.

dekka007
8th Nov 2010, 22:22
Figures posted above by the Fever are 100% correct as of this year.

xdc9er
9th Nov 2010, 00:46
Figure 10% tax from that if Sing based or 15% in HK.

MD330
9th Nov 2010, 03:07
Figures posted above by the Fever are 100% correct as of this year.

Dekka007

Two figures posted

1. 130000-140000USD Tax free
2. 10980USD take home tax free

Which one is 100% correct. You seem to be very sure but there's soo much difference in the numbers :rolleyes:

If its accurate then why is the package and details not posted in the AHK website. ;) Can some in the real know how share?

Happy and safe landings! :ok:

FR8R H8R
9th Nov 2010, 05:45
I haven't seen any published t&c but didn't they pay captains $5000 just a few years back?

MAYBE...and that is only a maybe, a good month could see a cn take around 10000 home but there is no way it comes close to 14 and you can bet the right seat doesn't pay 10.

Better call your fr:confused:iend and tell him to stop blowing smoke up your rear.

AirbusInHK
9th Nov 2010, 06:01
I am employed by this company for 18 months already. Here are the average salaries per month for FO and CAPT in 2010.

FO: 7500 to 8000USD per month
CAPT:10500 to 11500USD per month.

You get gratuity pay after Year 4 of 15,000USD for FO and 20,000USD for CAPT every year.

That is the deal. The lifestyle is good 8 days on 6 days off.

Bob Morane
9th Nov 2010, 06:17
Is thatTax free?? What about Accommodation ?? I would appreciate any info??

AirbusInHK
9th Nov 2010, 06:20
Penang Base is tax free.

Singapore base can be Tax free if you are singapore based and less than 60 days in the country. Live in indonesia or other asian country and commute.

HK Base is not tax free.

There is no housing allowance. There is basic provident fund from the company, basic medical cover, basic disability coverage.

Thats it.

wigns
9th Nov 2010, 11:53
AirbusInHK,

What kind of per diem money are you guys making?

How much can a B744 captain expect to take home per month?

Any improvement on travel benefits and loss of license insurance?

Thanks!!!

ohshit
9th Nov 2010, 16:30
Hi airbusinHK

Any mention of a bond for the 747

I heard the bond for the A300 is ridiculous.
Will 747 guys be paid more than the airbus guys

Are they still interviewing?

Cheers

MD330
17th Nov 2010, 12:06
Cathay just announced a 4% increase in salary to match inflation plus a 13 month salary bonus.

What's the view on the above statement ! True or otherwise ;)

So what's AHK's stand and package for the B744 BCF operation? :(

Any insight? :rolleyes:

Happy landings!

gulfstream650pilot
18th Nov 2010, 07:08
AirbusinHK,

Does the company provide a 13th month pay check and allow for commuting to work?

Kind Regards,
e

Fly4Fun
2nd Feb 2011, 04:57
So gentlemen, what about the annual leave, how many days per year?
Any rumours regarding any increase on the conditions?

Happy landings :ok:

89Pistons
2nd Feb 2011, 14:41
Any help with these following questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1) Can you commute to the US with the contract?
2) Instead of 8 on, 6 off, can you do 16 on, 12 off?
3) How long is training if you have previous heavy jet experience?

Thank you very much for any input provided.

Fly4Fun
3rd Feb 2011, 02:42
I just saw on PPJN that Air Hong Kong introduced senior payscale after 3 years or if on the B744. Anyone caring to explain how it works?

Many thanks

xdc9er
4th Feb 2011, 08:50
Hi, roster is 8/6 ,I think there is a trial roster for airbus 12/9.
no 13th month salary , I think thats an HK expat perk.
ahK employ on SG base or HK base with associated taxation rules, seek personal taxaton advise (my disclaimer).
Leave is 28 (plus 8 company allocated days)
Training (CAD exams, company stuff, plus a full type rateing(even if your typed (airbus) is about 3 months to get to line flying, std for just about everybody typed or not.
Commuting is doable, commuting longrange eg US ,Europe is possible but riskier , my opinion.
Just had a look at PPJN, the pay for 747 is the same after yr 3 on the airbus .

bila
4th Feb 2011, 14:33
xdc9er

You sound like AHK management! ;)

Gong XI Fat Choy! :ok:

Fly4Fun
4th Feb 2011, 14:52
Thanks xdc9er

By the way, there's any increment on basic pay per each year?

xdc9er
5th Feb 2011, 00:07
@bila Might sound like management because of the direct quotes.
No yearly increment, but basic pension type of payment(start of employment) and ex-gratia payment after 4 years in the company,figures quoted above by airbusinhk.
X

Fly4Fun
5th Feb 2011, 11:50
Once again, many thanks xdc9er.

Happy landings

89Pistons
5th Feb 2011, 17:55
Thanks for the reply. Any idea on if the 12 on 9 off will be here to stay? Do you the the -400 will have the same type of schedule? Thanks.

figleaf
8th Feb 2011, 16:08
Greetings..I think the 16/12 is a good idea, it is same amount of work as 8/6 and gives employees the chance to go home under their own steam. It also could assist the fact that the salary is nothing to get excited about, the lifestyle of say 16/12 would compensate and crew could pay for a hotel on HK layovers.
It is not so unusual; Korean and Asiana have given 12 days off a month for years and still have a productive ex-pat workforce. They also pay a lot but they need too!

Dan Winterland
9th Feb 2011, 03:29
Maximum working period under HKFTLs is 12 days. After that, rest has to be taken at the home base.

figleaf
9th Feb 2011, 16:31
Thanks for that, I guess 12/9 would do it. There has to be something to make the remuneration acceptable and that might swing it.

Dan Winterland
10th Feb 2011, 00:45
Good luck with that. The CX guys and KA guys (when they did freight) seem to work 12/6 because it's legal and what crew control do. Don't suspect AHK will be any different.

newty74
19th Feb 2011, 07:03
anyone clued up about the Air HK with respect to interview process.

I got an interview coming up. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Air Profit
19th Feb 2011, 15:44
....you guys just don't get it do you? You think 16/12 is acceptable....!!! Any of you who are married can add the cost of divorce to the low pay. No wife will tolerate that sort of roster for long (and spare us the jokes about 'my wife would pay AHK to keep me away that long...'). This is why the industry is self-destructing...because there are some of you out there who are willing to work under just about ANY conditions. Wake up.

interstella 555
15th Nov 2011, 02:46
Bringing this thread back to life,
how are things at Air Hongkong ? are they getting better ? any improvements in conditions and pilot retention ?
how bout living in HK on the FO's salary ?

any info would be good

xdc9er
16th Nov 2011, 09:09
16/12 ?(not possible/legal anyway) dont know how that one came back up, rosters fine, ahk are the envy of cx when they check on at headland hahaha
X

nobhead
17th Nov 2011, 08:13
What experience do you need for AHK? Would 456hrs in c210 and 25hrs in PA31 be ok? Iam sure it cant be that hard right? I will prefer the B747 but will accept the A300.With such vast flying experience Iam assuming I will be offered the B747.;)

torallin
15th Feb 2012, 07:34
Hi

Can anyone provide some info on the initial day in Hong Kong for screening. There is a tech quiz and an interview. Any information either PM or here would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tor.

Slobby
18th Feb 2012, 03:59
For Interview and Company Information Please see Thread:
AHK Interview.

Regards,

Slobby

doubledeckera380
28th Feb 2012, 02:58
Capt Vertigo is 100% spot about mad dog and cannot be better explained than this. He is more than a bully who abuses his power in management. He pretends to be a righteous person who gives justice, but then turns on your back with his joker and starts planning the line of attack. Classic example of bullism eg 49ers case.

Alot better to fly with HKA.