PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Flight Schools.

Numbers Up
22nd Mar 2008, 04:33
Who's doing what these days??

Is GC Aviation Centre still going??? Air Gold Coast???

Been away for a while now but heading back shortly to hopefully continue Comm training. Either there or maybe AF - any suggestions???

mudpig
22nd Mar 2008, 10:13
Have heard along the grapevine that AWA have had a big influx of O/S students. Causing local private students to shift down the road to AGC to complete their training as they can't accomodate all the students with not enough a/c.

mudpig
23rd Mar 2008, 02:20
Rep, I stand corrected. 2 new diamond singles hey. Ive been watchin one of them fly. Although I've spent more time watchin them land. Do both these diamonds have much skin left on the bottom surface of the tail. The way these diamonds approach and flare the tails of these things come unbelievably close to the ground. A decent flare looks like it would contact every time especially in the hands of a beginner. lol

Anyways I hope the local guys aren't bein put out to much by the o/s students on contract. Cheers:ok:

havick
23rd Mar 2008, 03:19
I spoke to CFI of AWA a few weeks back to come down and knock off the last couple flights of my MECIR and flight test, he was happy to slot me in and help out. Unfortunately their twin is offline for a while (avionics upgrades etc which is a good thing, shows they're investing in their aircraft) so I have had to go a bit further down to Coastjet.

Carambar
26th Mar 2008, 00:01
I'd probably stay away from AWA. My mate got quoted something like $11K for a GFPT, and another had 2 engine failures each time he took out one of there 172s.

The owner Phil imports overseas students by the dozen and if time allows it, fits a couple of local students twice a week. They do have a great simulator but then again that place is a factory for pilots.

AGC all the way.