PDA

View Full Version : Blue Skies 747-400s

Jolly1
22nd Mar 2008, 02:24
I recently saw 2 747-400s parked at the North end of ICN. Anyone know who they are? Thanks.

Util BUS
22nd Mar 2008, 10:17
They have been floating around for a while now, but never really seem to start flying any schedules.

They reportedly belong to a wealthy Iranian business man living in the UK. He is said to have good connections to the current Iranian government, and has been trying to start flights to Iran. Plans were to fly from places such as Canada and the US to Iran, but the US state department has been throwing a spanner in the works.

There have been attempts to get around this by registering the aircraft in other countries and flying via these on the way to Iran. Initially it looked like they might be operated out of the UK, then Beirut, and then the UAE. Last I heard they were about to be moved onto the Kyrgistan register EX. But I lost track of them a while ago.

Interesting to hear that they have surfaced in Korea, originally there were three aircraft all registerred to the UK companied Blue 1, Blue 2, and Blue 3. I wouldn't hold out any hopes that they will be doing scheduled services any time soon.

Capt Chambo
22nd Mar 2008, 10:33
There are two at Incheon, and a third in Busan tucked away behind the southerly hangar.
They have all been hanging around for at least the last 9 months, and when I last saw them up close they had "N" registrations.

A300Man
22nd Mar 2008, 11:15
They actually carry the titles "Blue Sky", as opposed to Blue Skies. One of them has been regularly in and out of Dubai recently. Although not thought to be cargo aircraft, they have tended to park-up on the Secondary cargo apron, adjacent to Terminal Two.

keskildi
22nd Mar 2008, 11:19
the first batch - ex UA - ex british reg - ex Eagle Aviation (Saint Nazaire, France) seem to be flying regularly with an Armenian reg...

photos : http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=Blue%20Sky&distinct_entry=true

these machines 'sitting' in Korean airports must be another group of airplanes, earmarked for a future prospect, much probably iranian as well...

Eagle is a famous 'dealmaker' and I 'd not be surprised to see their signature one more time on a new 'shadow' operation

they operated in Afghanistan, they are now in Saudi Arabia with misc. types.

Iran again, then ?

gengis
22nd Mar 2008, 12:57
"Interesting to hear that they have surfaced in Korea, originally there were three aircraft all registerred to the UK companied Blue 1, Blue 2, and Blue 3. I wouldn't hold out any hopes that they will be doing scheduled services any time soon."

Ah well then.......... i thought it was Betty Blue! ;)

Capt Chambo
25th Nov 2008, 22:32
In the last couple of weeks there appears to be some work being done on one of the aircraft at Incheon, and I have also seen the one at Busan being pulled up to the hangar. Maybe they are being readied for flight? When I am next in Korea I will report further if there is any interest.

Chidken Sangwich
26th Nov 2008, 09:14
I believe they were grounded by the US trade embargoes on Iran.

However, they HAVE been offered on the market for lease in the last couple of weeks as I have seen the details.

magicmorris
27th Nov 2008, 04:17
Was recently in IKA and there were 2 Blue Sky 747's parked on the apron!