PDA

View Full Version : New Software for Bizjet Operator

GVA Dispatch
21st Mar 2008, 18:06
Hi all,

I have been approached by a software company to advise them if there might be a market for a total new software package for the bizjet market in Europe. This software should be focussed on ALL daily aspects of a bizjet operator, maintenance, crewing, training, dispatch, sales, catering, etc. I've been around in this business for a while and agree that so far there's not really one software answering all the needs for a bizjet company. There are some which cover most of the needs, but are never 100% detailed enough to run a bizjet company without having to adapt your way of working according to this software.

In order to get a better impression of the needs by the bizjet companies I would like to get some imput from all of you. I would appreciate any comments & advise to see if there might be a market for this new software so we all could profit from this. Just list any problem you are facing on a daily basis, suggestions what tools you're lacking, etc.

Happy Easter:)

GVA Dispatch

1xxxxx1
23rd Mar 2008, 09:53
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=313724&highlight=dispatch+software

Somebody did a list of what he wants in a dispatch software (follow the pprune link ) and it looks to me as a very complete and detailed summery.

I would like a software like this.
Only problem we are not paying 12000€ for a special software that would be able to do the job.

Here in Asia we just hire 2 more office person that will work with multiple software (excel, word, Jeppesen, outlook, etc.) to fill out 20 different forms/files and move data from one to another to dispatch this flight. :D

This is a flexible set up and everybody involved can be creative as well. :ugh:
Maybe not the most professional in my or your eyes but it gets the job done.

What counts the company saves money! :eek:

GVA Dispatch
23rd Mar 2008, 20:27
Thanks for the quick reply! Sure, I saw that list and agree that it covers quite a lot, but I guess that's also what we simply require these days in a busy dispatch department/company? The current times are forcing us to make quick decisions, calculations, flight preparations, permission requests, etc and that simply can't be done anymore with five different software tools and a lot of different files which are not linked with each other:{ So, for that reason I guess there's quite some market for an overall software package, but in order to develop something which 100% suits our needs, we need to give input.

Well, who says you will have to pay 12000 Euro for such a software? I guess if you count all the expenses for the separate software (maintenance, flightplanning, crewing, etc) you probably pay more than for one overall package, but that might of course differ per company.

Ciao

db16
23rd Mar 2008, 20:32
I seem to have had a similar offer by Email recently. I think this was a program that any FTO would need for their accounts - to maximise FI earnings!!!! So I deleted it! db16:*