PDA

View Full Version : pay per bags

Goldilocks95
21st Mar 2008, 17:17
Easyjet have increased their hold baggage charges and im searching online for a list of all airlines that charge for bags, and how much they charge. I cant find 1, so can anyone help. I am forever getting people saying to me "oh ive never heard of airlines doing that!" but I know that there must be quite a few airlines out there doing it!

Any answers are a great help! Thanks in advance.

jojo82
21st Mar 2008, 18:06
Ryanair, Monarch (sheduled), Aer Lingus, Flybe......just a couple from MAN ive seen notices for...! sure there are many more too! JJ

caaardiff
21st Mar 2008, 19:33
BMIbaby, Thomsonfly(Flight only), FlyGlobespan

TSR2
21st Mar 2008, 21:53
Jet2 - £5.99 per sector if pre-booked - £10 at airport.
Monarch Scheduled - £4.99 per sector pre-booked - £10 at airport.
Thomsonfly - Variable by route - Minimum £5.00 per sector - £10 at airport
First Choice - No charge

Anansis
24th Mar 2008, 00:31
Jet 2-
Get to the check in desk five minutes before it closes (or as late as you dare!) with a bag that you havent paid for and they dont usually have the time to charge you for it. Ive done it a few times and never had to pay. Managed to avoid Ryanairs airport check in fee with a similar technique after checking in online (though they have charged for the bag). ;)

caaardiff
24th Mar 2008, 10:19
Good idea, Normally works....unless...

....Arrive at the airport, Get charged, have to pay at another desk, then miss your flight because you get stuck at security when going to the gate :ok:

Also theres always the option of intending to arrive 5 mins before check-in closes, get stuck in traffic and not have to pay for bags at all. Becuase your too late for check-in! :ugh:

trebor
26th Mar 2008, 11:57
If handling agents raise their price for baggage handling then so should the airline. It is not an extra charge you are paying for the service. Also you need to take into account the allowance you are allowed. Globespan for example will weigh your hand luggage with your suitcase. If you are 2 pax with jet2 you could check in 1 suitcase up to 25kg :D