PDA

View Full Version : Come on then - who's the phantom thread basher?

kevmusic
21st Mar 2008, 14:13
A scan down the thread list in Mil Av any time in the last few weeks will show rank after rank of 'terrible' thread reviews, usually before anyone has replied, and, to my perception, on some perfectly worthy topics. Even Flying Lawyer's 'Pilots Helping Others' thread got the treatment before others pitched in to even the score. And still no-one has replied! :rolleyes:

And now, the culprit has invaded Private Flying. 'Readers' Wives' just got a single stripe before some kind soul came in to up the vote. 'Course,it might be that the voter just thought it was a crap thread :ooh: - it's a free world - but the application of damnation does seem a bit random.

PS - no prizes for guessing the rating I think this thread is going to get! :}

shedhead
21st Mar 2008, 20:44
sorry, what are you saying here? try to make your complaints comprehensible and then maybe we will comment.
is it about deleted comments or what?
clarify please.

Ken Wells
21st Mar 2008, 20:56
Have to agree with SHEDHEAD, what the heck are you on about KEVMUSIC??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

kevmusic
21st Mar 2008, 21:09
Okay, I will try to clarify. It appears to me that some mischief-maker is hell-bent on giving as many threads as they can a 'terrible' thumbs-down rating - a trend which I noticed at first on the Military Aviation forum. A couple of weeks ago there were a hell of a lot. The whole page was filled with votes, most of them, to quote, "1 vote, 1.00 average". For no apparent good reason other than just for the hell of it.

It's no big deal - I was just curious as to who would want to do that - but there seems little point in a rating system when somebody randomly uses it to blow a raspberry at every thread..........:hmm:

kevmusic
21st Mar 2008, 21:18
ON THE OTHER HAND..........perhaps I just need a damn good holiday. Or beer. Or both. :(

Ken Wells
21st Mar 2008, 21:19
Never vote myself, can't see the point.

The amount of replies is testimony to the popularity.

Whirlygig
21st Mar 2008, 21:20
Don't worry kev, your first post was clear enough to me! It wasn't something I'd noticed this time but people have played mischief with thread ratings before so it doesn't surprise me; I tend to ignore them now!

Cheers

Whirls

Lon More
21st Mar 2008, 21:27
How do you vote on a thread then?

Whirlygig
21st Mar 2008, 21:55
Along with options at the top pf the thread with Thread Tools etc. However, I suspect that option has been removed from JB.

Cheers

Whirls

Lon More
22nd Mar 2008, 01:06
Thanks Whirls.

BoeingMEL
28th Mar 2008, 11:36
speaking from personal experience, I resent this phantom-bashing. I always found the F4 to be a great piece of kit...... OK not the prettiest and maybe a touch too much anhedral in the tail-feather department but I never returned to terra-firma with anything more than a mild sweat.:ugh:

hat, coat etc. Cheers, bm

Tigs2
28th Mar 2008, 11:44
Kevmusic

I am with Whirls, your first post was entirely understandable, I cannot say the same though for the submission by Shedhead;)

ehwatezedoing
28th Mar 2008, 14:03
kevmusic, just play the wing man like me!

Add a five start vote to each thread showing only one :E

landlady
28th Mar 2008, 16:10
The farm next door has a broken combine harvester. It's a really bad thresher.