View Full Version : CX - morally bankrupt!

Numero Crunchero
21st Mar 2008, 02:36
Our benevolent train set owner has some funny ideas on employer magnanimity!

How about - you are a based female FO who commits the crime of getting pregnant. You are forced to live in the headland hotel for months so that you can work in the HKG office rather than work/have time off where you choose to base!

How about offering to help out in sims and being told that yes you can but only on the half pay you are already receiving for being on long term sick leave.

How about those selfish types who get cancer and stop being as productive! A mate of mine flew almost 650hours last year - but being selfish he got cancer and couldn't work for almost 100 days so his profit share was reduced accordingly. So he got within 8% of the average annual hours for pilots but had his profit share reduced by double that percentage!

Its funny how CX sticks to the contract when it comes to giving but expects us to give more than what our contract states. Still when you are morally bankrupt it all makes sense. Still one advantage of being morally bankrupt is that they can all hold their farewell parties in the same phone box on the same day!

Mr. Bloggs
21st Mar 2008, 02:50
Aaaaaaaaaaagh! It took you how long to find out? Sorry couldn’t resist.:}:ok:

Most have not realized this yet.:{:rolleyes::ugh:

Morality and Cathay Pacific should not be mentioned in the same sentence.:D:ok:

Yeager
21st Mar 2008, 08:10
I feel very sorry for your friends.
I must be missing the point too though. Whats the news?

BusyB
21st Mar 2008, 08:25
The best one is to get food poisoning from a crew meal and then have profit share pro-rata'd for being sick (heard secondhand !!):confused:

Yeager
21st Mar 2008, 10:33
haha... Ive had food poisoning from a crew meal before - that was on a LOT Polish Airlines flight though - I ate the F/Os meal. That was a ****ty experience. :D

Aussie
21st Mar 2008, 11:08
haha! I fly there now Yeager... so your saying bring your own meal huh? :yuk:

You Ex LOT?

Numero Crunchero
21st Mar 2008, 12:07
No point...I guess I am old school and still think that sometimes you have to think beyond the profit motive. Still thats why I sit in the front of a plane and not in a board room! My post was so that potential new joiners realise what an amoral employer CX is! Forewarned is forearmed!

moosp
21st Mar 2008, 16:46
Heard a nice phrase a couple of years ago about this, as with a sigh a guy who had just been shafted on a personnel issue said, "Ahh, they are as usual striving for the moral low ground."

Good point.

Yeager
22nd Mar 2008, 05:42
Aussie,

No Im not ex-LOT. Soon ex-CX though :ok:

Aussie
22nd Mar 2008, 14:40
Mate, things must be going downhill pretty damn fast... where you goin?

Yeager
22nd Mar 2008, 19:59
Haa.. ha.

Im going back north.. a place that, like cx, is not perfect.. but u are allowed to use your own brain... adios mate.. have fun with all the money in cx.. hahahahhaahahaahhahhahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahah

SkrywerDrywer
22nd Mar 2008, 23:03
Don't let the door smack you on the ass as you leave. :}

willnotcomply
23rd Mar 2008, 13:43
People in glass houses.........,NC!