PDA

View Full Version : New Flying School YBAF

PN68
21st Mar 2008, 01:13
Noticed a new company opening up another flying school in YBAF anybody got ony info.

Had add in last weeks Austraian looking for CP,CFI & CI. Thats funny seeming that you can't even get a Grade 2.:ugh:

VH-FTS
21st Mar 2008, 01:48
Might not be a new school, from memory it said 'recently established' school. Could be either Av8 or the Airline Academy making a few changes. Av8/flight ideas/FTA are supposed to be making some big changes soon. Where's MakeItHappenCaptain? He works for Av8 he might be able to confirm or deny.

VH-FTS
21st Mar 2008, 03:03
Place is going no where huh? Maybe for private pilots and aircraft owners, but six + aircraft in each circuit plus arrivals the other days wasn't bad.

MakeItHappenCaptain
26th Mar 2008, 14:40
Second the busy day! Nice work by twr with minimal dramas.:ok:

FTS- Nope, not AV8 advertising.:confused:

172capt
27th Mar 2008, 10:49
I know that AAA has been looking for instructors, as far as 'recently established' goes it may very well be them, their advertisements always ask for grade two or above.

MakeItHappenCaptain
27th Mar 2008, 11:55
Think you'll find in the current industry environment, even Gr3's will be accepted about anywhere. Easy to make the Gr2 requirements in six months.

TwoTango
27th Mar 2008, 12:51
I'm assuming this is the one you are referring to:

CFI
Brisbane based Fixed Wing Flying School
Ideally have:
Turbine and Multi Crew exp gained through a mainline airline, regional operation or military background. Experience in and knowledge of leading edge CRM/TEM will be well regarded.
CASA test approvals are preferred and need to demonstrate management exp in the role of CFI, CP or CI.
Computer skills using Microsoft applications preferred.
Salary package negotiable.
Expressions of interest to [email protected]

As far as I'm aware it isn't FTA either. Could be RQ/AAA - they've had a bit of a revolving door of managers/CFIs in the past few years, if memory serves me correctly. Failing that, could it be Hempel trying to muscle back in to the fray in a big way? Are they even still operating? Or have CASA finally sent them packing?

TT

The_Pharoah
10th Oct 2008, 05:46
nothing happening huh? I live at Doolandella (next to Inala, Oxley, Archerfield) and I see LOTS of a/c in the pattern every day. I get to Oxley train station around 6pm every night and always see 2 - 3 Cessna's doing Night VFR or whatever. Certainly something happening there. :)