PDA

View Full Version : Sodding TalkTalk

Bus429
20th Mar 2008, 22:59
Anybody had problems with late or non-existent provision of "free" broadband from TalkTalk? I signed on with the understanding that it would be provided within 3 months, initially paying £15/month until the exchange was unbundled. The sales department contend it will happen but recent correspondence with the CEO's department indicates it is unlikely to.

Usual complaints made to OFCOM, my MP etc but I'm beginning to despair.

I also have a problem with intermittent connection - due to a line fault affecting others in my village, many using different ISPs - but the convoluted procedure in place makes it difficult to report. My problem is compounded by paying TalkTalk for line rental meaning BT will not deal with direct complaints; they know they have a problem with the cable in the village but are unwilling to fund its rectification.:ugh:

Alvision
21st Mar 2008, 07:58
There is obviously some bad blood between talktalk and BT, as talktalk have undercut BT's broadband and phone rates using their own exchanges. But a few months ago I had a stale connection on my line and I ended up talking to directly to BT to clear as they are still contractually obliged to fixed the fault within a certain timescale.

Pontius Navigator
21st Mar 2008, 07:59
Bus, yes.

Go to http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Good dedicated site. You can check and maintain a graph of line speeds, you can joy a forum and seek advice.

My TT speed is supposed to be upto 8mbps. According to the forum line check I could get 5.67mbs. TT deliver just 1.8Mbps but this seems par for the course.

You need to hit the Indian gentleman or lady in Bangladesh very firmly with all the numbers having run speed tests several times throughout the day, first thing, schools out, watershed, that sort of thing.

As for unbundling, forget it. I will continue to have to pay £10/m for BB until IC21 is rolled out in Q3 or 4 of next year. Dont know what IC21 is? Go to that website.