PDA

View Full Version : Do you like where you work?

bigjarv
20th Mar 2008, 21:29
Just wondering what people .....

a) consider to be the most important things to look for when targeting an airline for which you aspire to work.

b) like and dislike most about the company for which they currently work (a hint about which airline it is would be useful too!).

I think this may make for an interesting and informative thread that would be useful to people hoping to move within the industry!! I am currently in my first airline job and when the time is right would like to move to what I hope will be my "career airline". Just keen to see what people think about the airlines for which they work and seeking advice as to whats important and whats not when evaluating an airline!

Arfur Feck-Sake
20th Mar 2008, 22:27
Dislikes? The Ops Department organise my life now with no reference to me..........and they don't always tell me what they've organised for me.

Aussie
21st Mar 2008, 10:16
1) Lifestyle and How much money i get in the bank account to live that lifestyle.

2) Management.

Knee Trembler
21st Mar 2008, 12:26
Three answers: PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE.

I wouldn't work for peanuts, but I love where I am now because I work with a really good bunch of colleagues, can speak to my boss if I have a problem and, assuming one puts in a sensible amount of prep, recurrent checks are straightforward.

KT

Guttn
21st Mar 2008, 12:49
1.a) Colleagues in all departments
b) Combination of salary, continuos days off and perks/benefits
2. At the moment nothing :ok:

whyisitsohard
2nd Apr 2008, 15:28
I used to love where I worked and I was there for ten years. Then overnight it changed and now I hate it more than I can possibly say for reasons I would dream of putting into print!

The difficulty I have in leaving is that after ten years the money they stuff in yer shirt pocket weighs you down abit.,
d

Wilton Shagpile
3rd Apr 2008, 15:54
1. Lifestyle.
2. Getting to live where I want.
3. Enough money to get by on.

That's about it really. I don't fly a big aeroplane and would like to but I can't really do it without radically altering my lifestyle and spending too much time away from the family.

Maybe if they try to shove me on the TP though, that might be enough to get me sending out my CV.... :yuk: