PDA

View Full Version : Eva / China Airlines Pay And Schedule

crew101
20th Mar 2008, 20:32
I was just wanting to know what is the latest news is ? What is the pay and chedule ? Does anyone know .

Thanks

littlejet
20th Mar 2008, 21:41
Nobody left there to tell you that

blackbird71
21st Mar 2008, 00:47
put it this way, last years bonus was an actual cabbage. true.:ugh::ugh::ugh::yuk:

TWN PPL
21st Mar 2008, 06:08
How dare you let the cat out of the bag.

But so true. At the end of the day everyone was happy to walke home with an eatable cabbage.

gengis
21st Mar 2008, 08:51
What do you mean 'eatable cabbage'? C'mon, what did you guys really get?

nungry
21st Mar 2008, 11:59
Well, to tell the truth, it was TWO cabbages. Or was I just lucky!!!:rolleyes:

blackbird71
21st Mar 2008, 12:41
thats why i didnt get my cabbage, you greedy bastards took two!!:{

cosmiccomet
22nd Mar 2008, 04:38
Don't forget the PEANUTS!!!!:E:E:E:E

oz in dxb
23rd Mar 2008, 12:44
Seems like the majority of people have really lost the plot and the thread here!!!!!

How about answering the question and not putting down your stupid remarks.

cosmiccomet
23rd Mar 2008, 16:42
Basic salary for 70 hrs flight time (they don't pay block time to Expats)

Tax flat 20% over salary and housing allowances.

Salary: Gross/U$D5350 - Tax(20%)/U$D1070= Net/U$D 4280

If you are based in Taipei, they will pay housing allowances
Housing= Gross/NT$37,000 - Tax(20%)/NT$7400= Net/NT$29600

U$D1=NT$31,5
HOUSING NET/U$D939

Perdim: U$D 48 per day, usually not more than 12 days per month

12 Salaries per year plus 1 bonus.

Schedule:
8 consecutives home leave days off per month
21 annual leave days per year

You can take 8 HLD + 2 ALD per month,
plus you can take the last 10 days of the month together with the
first 10 days of the next month.:ok:

There was a salary increase for the locals, it was around U$D300 for the FOs, but there wasn't for the expats.
I am not seeing an increase for us in the future.:(:(:(

Beechslave
23rd Mar 2008, 20:17
cosmiccomet, three questions, which airline are you talking about, are you saying you only get 8 days off per month, and by "if you're in Taiwan", are you saying that there are other bases?

cosmiccomet
23rd Mar 2008, 23:21
I am talking about CAL.
CAL's bases are TPE, LAX, SFO, MIA, FRA
You can usually apply for a base out of TPE after one year and
CAL would asigned it depending of the open positions in those bases.

Beechslave
24th Mar 2008, 01:45
Is CAL the Taiwanese carrier that "prefers" their own nationals for pilot positions? I thought I heard somewhere that they're now looking to lower the expat hiring, might have been EVA.

Gooneybird
24th Mar 2008, 08:38
So you can get 20 days off consecutive....
Can you use them to go abroad?

LarryDCableGuy
24th Mar 2008, 08:51
^^^ Of course you can, they're not going to force you to live in Taiwan.

Gooneybird
24th Mar 2008, 10:18
LOL Yeah I guess it was a bit of a dumb question:rolleyes:
That's basically 2 months on/20 days off. The housing allowance seems to be acceptable from what I remember of friends teaching in Taipei and the salary not so bad too.
Seems ok to me I must confess.

littlejet
24th Mar 2008, 13:39
Well that depends on what you expect to be paid as pilot, and your family status.
The sallary has not been changed for expat FO in years and it is in USD which lost its value more than 30 % in 2 years
29600 NT for housing. Try finding an apt in TPE big enough for you and your family. Maybe in Nankan which is in the middle of nowhere.
International school is around 1000 USD/month per kid.
Domestic help 1000/month...
In general, the negative attitude towards expats has developed in years, so nothing will be improved in near future.
So If you are single, low on jet time, less then 25 years old (means you don't care if you are an FO for another 10 years), and looking for night life which is OK in TPE and on layovers (BKK DPS AMS etc.), than it is OK

MineDog
24th Mar 2008, 17:03
Good detailed info on CAL!:ok:
Does anyone has the same info for EVA?
Roster/pay for expat F/O on the Freighters?
Thanks

MD

BUSTRASH
24th Mar 2008, 19:08
China airlines no longer employs expats. They havent since august of last year. Their CEO only wants locals. He must not care about safety.

LarryDCableGuy
24th Mar 2008, 23:51
Minedog,

Eva is pretty much the same, the only difference is they will provide you with a studio type apartment in Nankan(inside the corporate office compound).

nungry
27th Mar 2008, 17:59
Oz in DXb,

Oh how i wish they were stupid remarks. Stupid is as stupid does. And cabbages aren't stupid. Money buy's food. Cabbage is food. Cabbage fills the stomach (with some baritone ass tunes). Why not bypass the middle man and feed the boy cabbage!!!!! These boys are not dumb!!!!!! Just the facts ma'am, and thems what they are. Just the facts. So, no,, we're not ****ting you.................., unfortunately. (But I am now after TWO cabbages!!!):ugh:

HelloKitty330
4th Apr 2008, 15:44
It might have seemed a stupid reply, but even though it sounds unbelievable, the EVA bonus was 1 cabbage. You even had to sign for it !

Flying Mechanic
4th Apr 2008, 16:36
i never got my cabbage.......so no bonus for me. The other bonus we do get here is carrefour vouchers, about 2000 NT every 6 months.

Agent Mulder
4th Apr 2008, 17:33
FM do u spend yours in carrefour?or do YOU BRIBE THE SCHEDULERS TO GET A 95 HOURS ROSTER?:=

blackbird71
4th Apr 2008, 19:52
that really is poor form....:ugh::ugh::ugh::mad::mad::mad::ugh::=

DonG
9th Apr 2008, 03:35
Does anyone have an idea about how many EVA/China is hiring this year? Both of their websites are accepting applications.

Do they positive space you home every month if you commute for that 8 days?

Thanks much!

EL CAPITAN
9th Apr 2008, 08:36
In Eva you jump seat on any flight you want, that's how everybody gets home every month, hope it helps....The Capt.:ok:

cosmiccomet
9th Apr 2008, 11:59
If you are based in TPE you have to choose between five CAL destinations and use those sectors as ECM for flying back home.
When you want to use it, you have to bid for the flight at least two working days in advance.
Other destinations out of your original 5 destinations, you have to pay an ID90.

At this moment, CAL is not hiring expats. They have a lot of ab-initio and former ROCAF pilots in the waiting list.
CAL sold two B744 pax and there are romours of more sellings.