PDA

View Full Version : Lithuanian Airlines / Flylal

paleWhite
20th Mar 2008, 14:17
hi guys,

i was wondering if any of you has been recently interviewed from them?
have you already had any response? :suspect:

cheers,

pW

islasdad
21st Mar 2008, 00:38
I was interviewed by them about a month ago and it all seemed to go well they said they would let me know either way in a week or so. Needless to say they havent I have spoken to them a few times since and they kept saying they would let me know soon but still nothing so just about given up hope.

ID

paleWhite
21st Mar 2008, 09:59
hi islasdad,
i've been interiviewed some week ago. they told me the same.. still waiting for an answer.. :rolleyes:
probably they're still interviewing someone. i had a really good impression about the company, it seemed quite professional and i think they haven't decided yet... hopefully..
have you been interviewed for 737Fo position?

pW

iggf
21st Mar 2008, 17:34
Hi PaleWhite

Please can you tell more details about the interview?
Do you have to make a sim check in te interview?
Wich kind of questions, about ?
Was mandatory to have the B737 type rating ?

Thank you very much for your help

paleWhite
22nd Mar 2008, 11:44
well, just a relaxed interview, no tricky questions, no simcheck.. they just want to know a lot about you and your expectations..
i guess they interviewed only type rated but i'm not sure at all..

cheers,

pW

Turkish777
22nd Mar 2008, 22:04
Sounds like another Air Baltic, Air Slovakia senario...what is it with these Eastern European countries for just messing people around, it really is unfair!

Regarding TR's, they did ask me and 3 other people I know for an interview and all of us did have a B737 Rating..

By the way there is a SIM check in Luton if you pass the first round. Thats what the guy said to me when he rang my mobile, however I did not go to the interview in the end.

Navigator33
23rd Mar 2008, 11:23
Dear Turkish777 I have been reading your posts for a while now where you tend to bash all the operators you had an interview with.
Maybe they are not the fastest but I know for a fact that Air Baltic does call you in due time. Either you were unlucky or it has something to do with how you behave at these interviews :=

Turkish777
23rd Mar 2008, 11:59
Navigator..Who are ALL the operators Ive had interviews with which I keep putting down??I wish I was so lucky. I had one with Air Baltic and one with Air Slovakia....You really don't know me so you have no right to pass judgement regarding my interviews since you do not know how I was treated, however let me enlighten you...

Air Baltic said to me I would be informed within 2 weeks of the interview, after 2 weeks I heard nothing. I rang them for 10 weeks and finally gave up after being told everytime Marita was sick, on holiday, in a meeting, or on a buisiness trip etc, to this day I have never recieved a written confirmation by email or letter regarding my outcome. (this same process has happened to several other people which attended an interview there)

Air Slovakia invited approximately 18 people for an interview on one day. Some people came from as far as Canada and Nigeria. Everyone I spoke to was rejected due to the potential Boeing's not arriving anymore. We were all told we would be informed within a maximum of 2 weeks, once again the reply was delayed. So basically we were all invited for an interview for a job that might exist.

These are the 2 experiences I have had so I dont know who 'all the other operators I am having a bash at are' Im well within my rights to write feedback on this page for other pilots looking at attending interviews since it is a costly process.

And regarding bashing operators, here are a few quotes you may have forgotton you wrote about Air Baltic, the Airline which employs you or did..Do you know what Hypocrite means, look it up in a dictionary my Skandinavian friend.

And thatīs probably how it will go indeed.
Expect to be treated like a mushroom out here....

You didnīt know that yet? Itīs just getting better by the day.
BT is seriously digging itīs own grave.

Get used to it guys. If you enter the company youīll find out very soon that the flow of info is reverse here.
You tell management something you found out today and chances are theyīll issue a press release claiming it happened yesterday

But in all seriousness Turkish... call them? drive them insane! Itīs unacceptable that they havenīt replied to you yet

Expected around spring but knowing BT it will probably be at the end of the summer.

That would be the 100th time that the contracts are signed.
I will only believe it when I see the aircraft.

I know of one other person that did the selection 2 weeks ago and also hasnīt heard anything.

Wow thatīs a new variant to the rumor.
I will only believe it when I see the thing standing on stand 7.

Regarding your last point you know that we will only be informed the after they started flying the damn thing

How do you feel now Navigator??? A bit of a fool....youre not a very loyal employee....

Navigator33
23rd Mar 2008, 20:02
Ok, very well... I'll go minding my own business.

Back to FlyLAL again.

paleWhite
25th Mar 2008, 22:54
i received a call from vilnius a couple of days ago. they gave me a positive response ;)

pW

islasdad
26th Mar 2008, 09:59
congrats pw when did you go for the interview i went for interview on 75 some time ago still no response. was it the h.r. people or the ops guys who got in touch every time i talk to indre she says ask ops who dont seem to know either.

ID

paleWhite
26th Mar 2008, 11:05
i had the interwiew in the beginning of march. i felt really at my ease with all the people i met that day.. when are they supposed to start ops with the 75? i know they own one but not yet delivered.. :/

pW

islasdad
26th Mar 2008, 13:14
I had the interview in february they are supposed to start ops on 2nd June. I was the same I thought the interview was really relaxed and they said I was down to the last 3 for 2 FO slots.

PW

paleWhite
26th Mar 2008, 13:46
ahah.. you signed as PW :D
anyway, what is your experience on the 75? i guess you already have time on type, haven't you?

pW (the one and only :D)

islasdad
26th Mar 2008, 13:55
Sorry habit as they are my actually my initials. No I have the rating but no time on type however henrik said that would not be an issue the other two they were looking at were low hours also however they keep telling me a deching ision is imminent but nothing so far am begining to give up hope.

paleWhite
26th Mar 2008, 16:40
well.. in my humble opinion they, first of all, have to start ops with the 75.. train FO's without experience is a subsequent step.. i don't think giving up would be a good idea.. it probably will take a little more than training Fo' for the 73.. perhaps they're taking time just to avoid to give unfair hopes to the candidate... i think that if you were not suitable for the position they would already told you.. maybe i'm wrong.. maybe not.. who knows :sad:

pW

islasdad
26th Mar 2008, 17:49
I was told at the time my inexperience wasnt an issue at all the company as a whole is ineperienced with the aircraft the chief pilot had the rating ten whom I met had the rating ten years ago and had never flown one. He was only told the day before that he was to be the chief pilot and his deputy had didnt even have the rating. They were planning on doing a lot of the work up in the sim at helsinki. they even gave me a break down of the routes I would be flying and the potential roster I would have so I really dont know.

ID

paleWhite
28th Mar 2008, 00:05
..weird.. :ooh:

FO 737
1st Apr 2008, 08:14
Pale White,

Did you apply for 737 FO?
When will you start your ground school?
Congrats to you, I was also there and they said I was ok but still no dates to start...

/J

paleWhite
1st Apr 2008, 11:39
hi,
i've applied as 737 fo, no dates yet.
check your PM ;)

pW