PDA

View Full Version : but how old is old

darrylj
20th Mar 2008, 10:52
last night i was called "old" by my partner, she said she might trade me in for another younger model :{...I'm only 36...:(
but how old is old :confused: is it 20, 30, 50 :confused:

:\

;)

Beatriz Fontana
20th Mar 2008, 10:56
36 old?? Blimey, what did you do to deserve that comment?

You're only as old as you feel. Mostly that's about 25 for me. Although this morning it's at least 50...

Takan Inchovit
20th Mar 2008, 11:00
Well I have to say it, 36 is old and 34 aint much better. Now move along please!

darrylj
20th Mar 2008, 11:01
im old all of a sudden cos last night, i turn the car heating on, she turns it off.
i turn it back on, she turns it back off (about x20). & it was kinda chilly out there last night.....:ooh:
:ugh:

Dan D'air
20th Mar 2008, 11:04
I'm only 36...:(

When my girlfriend gets to 36, I plan on trading her in for two 18 year-olds.:O:O:O

Whirlygig
20th Mar 2008, 11:11
It's all relative - depends on how old your girfriend is!

If you take the well-known, traditional formula if divide your age by two and add 8, if the "significant other" is younger than that, then it's too young and you're too old!

For 36, that would equate to 26 i.e. to a 25 yo, you're old!!!

The rest of it is in your head and depends on your attitudes, outlook and how old you feel :)

Cheers

Whirls

Parapunter
20th Mar 2008, 11:13
Tell her to pi$$ of mate - have some self respect!:ouch:

Alloa Akbar
20th Mar 2008, 11:18
Better still.. along the lines of your heaters on / heaters off game.. let her come home and catch you in the sack with a couple of 18 year olds, and tell her "Beat that"!!:ok:

tony draper
20th Mar 2008, 12:03
Generally someone ten years older than yerself no matter what your age.:rolleyes:

merlinxx
20th Mar 2008, 12:04
My Lady is 18 years me junior, but then again and as per the Bob Dylan line
"I was much older then, I'm younger than that now!";)

TamedBill
20th Mar 2008, 12:11
Only old people ever say you're only as old as you feel. No one under thirty ever says that. Unless they want money off an old person.

tony draper
20th Mar 2008, 12:25
Dunno owt about young people, all I know is, I'm agin em. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Deaddogbay/old.gif

:rolleyes:

barry lloyd
20th Mar 2008, 12:58
I read somewhere recently that the average age of people working for - sorry - employed by, the BBC is 35. That makes lots of us very old - and explains why some of their programmes are so out of touch.

Whirlygig
20th Mar 2008, 13:04
The standard retirement age in the BBC is 60 and many can and do take early retirement.

If we assume that they take on trainees from school (which they do), the average would be 38 so only three less than the theoretical mean.

Cheers

Whirls

Saintsman
20th Mar 2008, 13:19
Old is when you go to a night club and realise that you have no chance of pulling because they all think that you look like their dad.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
20th Mar 2008, 13:40
Eighteen? Pah!

My girlfriend is just coming up for three. She cuddles up with me under the blankets almost every night. I'm obviously not getting old because it has no effect on me when I have to get up to let her out for the daily 4am patrol.

I just go back to sleep until she jumps back onto the bed and the cuddling starts all over again.

And to ruin the comedic effect, but to keep my ass out of jail when Big Brother stumbles across this post: yes, she's a cat.

Curious Pax
20th Mar 2008, 13:43
Is that legal in the USA? They just made it illegal in The Netherlands you know :=

Back to the topic - we need to know how old darrylj's partner is in order to pass judgement. 2 years or more younger than him and he should be worried; 5 or more years older and he should just smile in a smug sort of way. Any more than 20 years younger and he should just put on another Postman Pat video for her!!

landlady
20th Mar 2008, 13:58
Bette Midler once said that a friend had rung her to tell her he had just married a 20 year old girl, and at the age of 80 he thought that was pretty good going. Bette agreed with him, and said when she reaches 80, she's going to marry a 20 year old bloke. Why? Because 20 goes into 80 a damn sight more than 80 goes into 20.

Joan Collins was asked was she worried about the age difference between her and her latest, younger by 37 years husband, Percy. After a nano second's thought, she said, "well, if he dies, he dies."

Wholigan
20th Mar 2008, 14:00
because they all think that you look like their dad.

Or worse - - - - DANCE like their dad!!!

:)

allan909
20th Mar 2008, 16:35
Tell her that it's fair enough - you did your trade, on a part time basis, a couple of years previously.

Old bloke of 80 marries a dropdeadgorgeous 20 something. On the wedding night he had a stroke.

She let him have another one the following week.

arcniz
20th Mar 2008, 17:02
last night i was called "old" by my partner, she said she might trade me in for another younger model ...I'm only 36...
but how old is old is it 20, 30, 50

One suspects the translation of this remark from Femisch (to ISO-Valgal) is:

"Omigawd! I just found a wrinkle right out in front where EVERYBODY can see it!

This is almost certainly your fault you *5%$#$$ barstud - you have AGED ME! (scream). If I ever catch you looking at anybody even a microsecond younger than me I'm going to nail your parts very thoroughly to a turnabout sign -- with rusty nails! Look what you've done to me. You'll rue the day yer born, you scum."

planepsycho
20th Mar 2008, 19:38
Age is a state of mind over matter, if you don't mind...it don't matter. To me old is much older than 50 these days!;)

Rule3
20th Mar 2008, 22:07
In my case add 9. A very wise person once said, " You are only as old as the woman you are feeling.":)

C130 Techie
21st Mar 2008, 00:26
Today I discovered that I think 47 is old as I seem to be losing it..

Why

Because in a senior moment I walked away from a cash machine leaving the 50 I had asked for behind.

Thankfully there are still some decent honest people around where I live.

tony draper
21st Mar 2008, 00:50
Never mind,in another ten years that wont happen, because you won't be able to remember yer pin number.
:)

C130 Techie
21st Mar 2008, 01:05
Thanks for that Mr D. One feels totally reassured now:ok:

BlueWolf
21st Mar 2008, 03:52
In ten years you won't need a PIN number, the microchip in your wrist will do the job for you automatically, also there will be no such thing as cash, all transactions will be electronic and recorded.

henry crun
21st Mar 2008, 04:17
You are old when your mind begins to wander and forgets to come back.

srobarts
21st Mar 2008, 09:53
The stages of old age:
1 forgetting names
2 forgetting faces
3 forgetting to do one's fly up after going for a pee
4 forgetting to undo one's fly before going for a pee

As I seem to have occasionally reached stage 3 I am dreading reaching stage 4

BombayDuck
21st Mar 2008, 10:00
Turned 25 a month ago... and I felt old.

The thread makes me feel better.

StevenPreece
21st Mar 2008, 10:02
Guys: Age can be a figment of the imagination. As long as you're fit and healthy, you're young at heart. Some people get old before their time, some people tell themselves they're getting old and if you do this you will be old.

Look at age this way:

When you're 12 years old 16 looks old, when you're 16 years old 20 looks old, when you 30 years old, 40 looks old. However, when you're 40 years old, 50 doesn't. As you make each step of the way you should realise that you've reached what you once thought was old but now you're there it no longer seems it.

When I turned 40, I learned that 40 was the old age of youth and that 50 was the youth of old age.

So generally speaking, I'm still quite a young guy.

All the very best

Steven Preece
Author