View Full Version : Simply Red in Bahrain

sirwa69
20th Mar 2008, 04:31
Simply Red are to play at a private party for Gulf Air on April 5th.
The invitation only event is being held as part of Gulf Airs corporate hospitality package for the Bahrain Grand Prix. It will be held at the beach club in Amwaj Islands.

Lets hope they have better weather than last year when the private concert of the classical babes band "Bond" had to be cancelled at the last minute because of a thunderstorm.

Anyway I'm mad as hell :mad::mad: because I fly about 60 times a year with Gulf Air 75% in business class and am I getting an invite? Not on yer nelly.
This event and all the Gulf Air tickets for the GP this year have been reserved for corporates with none for frequent flyers.

Here is another company who have forgotten who the most important person is :mad: "The Customer"

Mephistopheles
20th Mar 2008, 11:30
Sorry to hear that but you should know by now that the board & Mr Naf have given all the invites to their friends, opps! I meant 'corporate guests'.
I can't wait for the day when F1 finally leaves Bahrain. It does nothing for GF or Bahrain. Just keeps a few hotshots happy.
"OUR RACE'' my a**.

wapses
22nd Mar 2008, 09:46
The majority of F1 guests are people responsible for placing large amounts of business with the airline.

Without them you have no airline.

Fairly reasonable to use the F1 invitations as a way of saying thank you and hopefully convincing them to put more business your way in the future.