View Full Version : V Australia News!

lc_461
20th Mar 2008, 01:11
Just a tad of info that I have found after some web surfing:

Cabin Crew Base - Sydney

&
Callsign is to be: Kanga

ICAO / IATA (dont know which one) - VAU

Sir Richard Branson is also going to be announcing routes etc on the 27th March....

I dont think that this has been reported before.

evyjet
20th Mar 2008, 01:13
Kanga......whooo ?:}

Poto
20th Mar 2008, 01:24
so Skippy and Kanga will be going head to head, pouch to pouch, on the Pac root;)

EffohX
20th Mar 2008, 01:31
... and the first 777 will be registered VH-ROO. :):) ("Kanga... )

jetblues
20th Mar 2008, 01:40
Kanga ROOTED . The feeling you will have after spending all your life flying east-west jet-lagged to all buggery.

Or is that ROOTED, a simple summary of the proposed T&C's ?

foxtrot india
20th Mar 2008, 04:16
Brought to you by the Pessimistic Pilots Rumour Network

Buster Hyman
20th Mar 2008, 05:14
I wonder why nobody ever uses EMU???

Flava Saver
20th Mar 2008, 05:22
I wonder when you push back, if it'll be known as the 'Reverse Kanga' ?? :ok:

(If you are unsure...google it):E

Howard Hughes
20th Mar 2008, 07:40
Callsign is to be: Kanga
What's that Skip?

Defenestrator
20th Mar 2008, 12:08
Goodness me.......lol..

and Mr Hughes...of all types to support such rubbish......lol.

D :)

FanOn
20th Mar 2008, 12:26
From http://www.glcom.com/hassan/kanga_history.html.

THE KANGA is a rectangle of pure cotton cloth with a border all around it, printed in bold designs and bright colours. It is as long as the span of your outstretched arms and wide enough to cover you from neck to knee...

"THE KANGA is a rectangle of pure cotton cloth with a border all around it…." representing Australia.

"printed in bold designs and bright colours…."representing the bold designs, bright ideas, and offer of things shiny coming from those setting up VAust.

"It is as long as the span of your outstretched arms…" representing the begging that will go hand-in-hand with the job.

"and wide enough to cover you from neck to knee…" to cover you once they have removed the shirt from your back!

Full Noise
20th Mar 2008, 12:52
Flava Saver!!

Your a shocker!!!

I like it..... Need more dirty talk and less bitchin'

All noise..................

FanOn
20th Mar 2008, 13:11
Hey Flava Saver,

Having googled the “reverse Kanga” I began to wonder what might happen on a “Kanga reserve day" at VAustralia.

Is that where they reserve something special for you, phone you at the last minute, and if you don’t do it, you get a “reverse Kanga”?

blackbird71
20th Mar 2008, 14:02
since when do monkeys like peanuts?:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Aussie
20th Mar 2008, 15:51
Sounds good to me, trust Bransons airline to come up with something like that :E

mention1
21st Mar 2008, 03:34
Emerites have a 777 with the rego "-EMU"

oz in dxb
21st Mar 2008, 07:06
A flightless bird it isn't!!

G-ZUZZ
21st Mar 2008, 07:38
I guess Lion was probably taken. Suitable alternatives:

"Yarpy"
"Wilderbeest"
"Rhino"

How about............. "Jackal"??

As with the MIL, callsign selection should be determined by those who have actually to use it on the air instead of fat, shiny-bummed office-bound non-flying blunts.

That way we'd never hear the silly likes of Speedbird, Bluebird, Blueberry, Tinkerbell, Bambi, Chuanhang, Festival City, Fly Hello, New Dawn, Suckling (??????) etc...

galdian
21st Mar 2008, 10:56
G-ZUZZ

I am shocked, shocked I say, and appalled, at the racist slant your post took in inferring (inferring I say, in no way PROVING) that VB-A are targetting South Affricans solely for recruitment.

Interesting rumour going around that certain sections of VB-A management (especially financial, operations less - but indescernibly so, sadly :() were seen salivating (in open company, how gross!) at the news that Indonesia"s AdamAir might have to close their doors, thereby throwing onto the market many qualified pilots.
So "yarrpies" etc beware - in life maybe "no guarentees."

Should show that their lowest dollar approach is, in no way, racially orientated. Good news I'd say! :O

Now trying to remember if the article stated "qualified professional pilots" or just "qualified pilots."

Regardless still highly offended MR G-ZUZZ - however love :ok: the deft touch, please keep it going!

Cheers
galdian
PS: if the above wasn't "rumour" maybe it is now. :E