View Full Version : SAR 2008 Bournemouth

SARREMF
19th Mar 2008, 21:58
Another very interesting and thought provoking conferrence with FACTS from certain operators from up north not fiction or rumour.

The Highlight for me though was the Royal Navy ability at flag recognition! I shall not say another word on that one as it might just get someone into trouble [more than they are already!]

Any other thoughts from others? Relevant thoughts Crabb not ramblings about SAR-H! No one mentioned it infact I think most presenters started with " we are not talking about SAR-H"

Over to you all.

Hey my first thread post!

helimutt
19th Mar 2008, 23:26
and the point of your 'first' post? Did you write it drunk? LOL

Is it just me or is there something missing here? :confused:

20th Mar 2008, 14:21
SARREMF - so why don't you inform us of the content of this 'interesting and thought provoking' forum - then you might get some opinions.

If the highlight was the RN getting egg on face then, whilst I might be amused, it is hardly groundbreaking news:)

And if a SAR conference held 4 years before the biggest change ever (if it happens) to UK SAR didn't mention SARH then WTF were they talking about?

Let me guess - the relative merits of boat axis v aircraft axis decks???

Wiretensioner
21st Mar 2008, 14:39
Sh1t. For once I have to agree with Crab. I'll go and stand in the corner now till the feeling passes.

So SARREMF what was the point of your post?:hmm:

PANews
21st Mar 2008, 18:22
Well I was there and I thought that some aspects of the event were strange.... bordering on horrific [but maybe it was me being delusional].

There was a very strong pressure on the speakers not to talk about SAR-H and I really cannot get my head around why. As you say its now 2008. The big day is 2012 and most systems take 2 years to implement ... so perhaps SAR 2009 in the USA! or SAR 2010 will see panic finally set in!

It was a military and industry lead Shhhhhh! and I am aware that the organisers were no less confused why their forum was not being used to talk through the issues.

In very sharp contrast, the day before the two day conference Eurocopter were allowed to come along to the venue sponsor some bits and beat their SAR drum promoting the EC145, EC225 and EC175 [available 2012 and not before].

Now if the programme were to slip...