PDA

View Full Version : JAA Conversion

Anonymus6
19th Mar 2008, 17:55
hi there,

I just wounder wich way is the best way to go if someone wants to convert an FAA ATP to a JAA ATPL?

Is distance learning a good way to go? is it possible?

or is it better to do a residental class in 6 months and finish all the 14 exams?

I have been looking in to bristol groundschool, any comments on these guys.

I would be grateful if someon could help me out here,

thanks

coodem
19th Mar 2008, 19:04
You need to decide that. As it all depends on whether you need to to be disciplined enough to work on your own, if not go Full time. 2nd Can you afford to stop working and still pay to keep yourself going for a year, if not you will have to work and do it distance learning.

FAA to JAA can be done, just do the 14 ATPL exams, do the 15 hours CPL/IR conversion. But thats the minimum. Expect 20-25 if you have not been flying for a while

Trolle
20th Mar 2008, 07:13
I'm doing distance learning and it's possible, but you will be surprised by the amount of detail the JAA expects. In other words, you need to study the information for the tests. Depends on whether you are working or not. I don't know if there are any schools in Florida where you can at least sit the exams and do the flying in the UK. Good luck. It's a pain.

IRISHPILOT
20th Mar 2008, 07:45
Planet earth is good to start with, but if you could be more specific...

As you work for an airline, you will have more than 500 hours multi crew, so you do NOT do the CPL IR flight test, depending on which CAA you go through, all you may need is an LPC in the sim of your current type or a type rating course on a new type.

Plenty of English groundschool around in Euroland, so why not ask who will do the conversion easiest, quickest and cheapest for you.

Sorry, don't know much about distance leaning, but not so sure you need to take all subjects with your experience (again depending which CAA you talk to). IP

Anonymus6
20th Mar 2008, 15:09
just wanted to say thanks guys for the replies.