PDA

View Full Version : Information On Manhattan PLEASE.........

lame
13th Sep 2001, 11:31
I have been truly devasted by the scenes we are seeing of Manhattan, especially so as I, and a group of Australians, had the pleasure to live in, and work out of New York recently.

We were living in apartments in Lower Manhattan, and were in and out of the WTC all the time. We have lost many fine friends we made there, and cannot believe that the WTC Towers are gone.

Also of great concern is the apartment block we lived in, and all the people that worked there and became our friends. We have been trying to make contact with them to see if they are okay, but cannot get through.

When things calm down a bit, could someone in New York kindly PLEASE let us know the status of the building and those in it? 225 Rector Place. It is in Battery Park City very close to the WTC.

Thank you if anyone can help us with news, and sincere condolences to all Americans.

OneWorld22
13th Sep 2001, 20:33
Lame, I don't know how quite to help you here, I'm a New Yorker living in Dublin and all I can say is watch CNN and you will see telephone help lines that the Mayor has set up.
Sadly the latest reports are that 75 Australians are now missing. The final death toll could be 20,000.

The best of luck in finding your friends.

New York Pilot
14th Sep 2001, 01:45
Lame,

I will be happy to provide you the status of 225 Rector Place as soon as I am able.

lame
14th Sep 2001, 05:19
Thank you all........

pax domina,

Will have to get out all my souvenirs etc to find out what that address is? But it is not near the WTC. Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave) does not go down that low on Manhattan Island. It is "probably" up around the Rockefeller Plaza or the Radio City Music Hall somewhere? Any locals????

The WTC is, or was, on Liberty Avenue.

New York Pilot,

Thank you very much. You could post the info here or email me directly.

Best regards,

"lame"

lame
14th Sep 2001, 13:32
pax domina,

Just been checking all the maps and pamphlets we brought back from NY, yes 1221 is the Rockefeller Center (I hope) but it is way up on 6th Avenue, higher than Grand Central Station, near the theatre district.

The WTC is, or was on Liberty, cannot find a number, bounded by Liberty, Church, Vesey and West Streets.

Best regards,

"lame"

[ 14 September 2001: Message edited by: lame ]

lame
17th Sep 2001, 03:25
Thank you............

GlueBall
17th Sep 2001, 07:06
WTC memories (http://www.newyork.com/vny/panorama/tour3e.html)