PDA

View Full Version : Females in Brazil

Harmonic_Vibe
18th Mar 2008, 21:33
How would a female pilot working on a contract helicopter in Brazil be treated? I think of Brazil as being a very civilized and progressive country but have heard that a female would be unlikely to do well. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

HV

alemaobaiano
19th Mar 2008, 10:10
HV

Female pilots in Brazil are still something of a novelty, but from those that I teach I haven't heard of any problems associated with their gender, although I only have contact with fixed wing pilots.

Career progression is normal, crew interactions are routine, and scheduling is the same as a male pilot. There are female captains in several airlines here, and women are also active in executive aviation, so overall there doesn't seem to be any particular issue with gender.

I don't have any contact with the rotary world, so I couldn't say if that was any different, but I have no reason to think so.

Hope that helps

Harmonic_Vibe
19th Mar 2008, 21:56
Thanks very much...

varigflier
26th Mar 2008, 01:33
I somewhat disagree. At my airline all of the women have been held back on upgrades etc because they were female. Today most of them are captains and I have flown with most of them and they are way better than their male counterparts. I don't know about helicopters but being a foreigner should also help.