PDA

View Full Version : Police State?

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Mar 2008, 21:45
Thought we were beyond all this (http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20080310152456598C937515).:ooh:

CottonEyeJoe
18th Mar 2008, 23:42
Mad......................................................... ... if it's true it's very sad!

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
19th Mar 2008, 00:14
Things will get better once they get a Black government.

Al Fakhem
19th Mar 2008, 07:02
Wonderful, Golf-Bravo-Zulu :D

Doors to Automatic
19th Mar 2008, 12:14
This is exactly what we need in our sink estates - it would eliminate anti-social behaviour very quickly and make life easier for anyone who isn't a ferral scumbag.

Forkandles
19th Mar 2008, 13:09
Wish the police in this country were as zealous as those boys! Nowt wrong with slapping the odd student once in a while either... :E

CottonEyeJoe
19th Mar 2008, 13:11
white police hitting white students in SA. things are bad

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
19th Mar 2008, 13:11
Doors to Automatic. You make a very good point: a necessary evil. On the other hand, if the "ferral scumbag" fraternity kicked off something in, say, a shopping centre, things might not turn out that desirably. Police with a break-heads-take-names attitude are just as likely bugger up the hapless shoppers' day (or even life). With blokes like that wading in, crowd control isn't a spectator sport.

Doors to Automatic
19th Mar 2008, 13:28
GBZ - likewise good point but I would say if it kicks off; get out of the way fast; don't stop to enjoy the show and you are unlikely to get hurt.

Pugilistic Animus
19th Mar 2008, 15:47
Police in the US are ususally criminals themselves---a bunch of uneducated/ racist /ignorant scumbag :mad:'s especially NYPD

so I'm not surprised at all Ive heard and seen worse---

CarltonBrowne the FO
19th Mar 2008, 20:36
Pugilist.... are we following the same link? I cannot see what a news story about the police in South Africa has to do with the NYPD, or any other US police force. Unless there is a borough of NY called Stellenbosch which I had previously missed (quite possible I admit, it could have been part of New Amsterdam).

Pugilistic Animus
19th Mar 2008, 20:56
Oh Lordy CarltonBrowne the FO :O I didn't even see the 'South Africa' just that reading the article reminded me so much of the police here in NY that I thought they were talking about the US---just goes to show you how police can be ---since I know of South Africa's history just delete the NYPD and put SAPD:}

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Mar 2008, 08:04
The point being that we were meant to be beyond all this type of thing in SA. Black and white police beating up both black and white students is something that was thought to have been left in the past.

The shit appears to remain the same, only the flies have changed.

Binoculars
20th Mar 2008, 14:31
I didn't even see the 'South Africa' just that reading the article reminded me so much of the police here in NY that I thought they were talking about the US---just goes to show you how police can be

Well no, what it "just goes to show" is that some people need only half a reason to spout their tripe, and then expect it to be taken seriously.

BlueDiamond
20th Mar 2008, 15:18
South Africa will never be "beyond all this" until a way is found to make governments and their agencies accountable for their actions. While the ANC is determined to continue its process of disbanding the Scorpions (the corruption-investigating unit), that accountability isn't going to happen any time soon.

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Mar 2008, 07:58
More...:(

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/thespike/2008/03/19/keystone-kops/