PDA

View Full Version : How good of an indication are the AirQuiz exams?

Dr.Biggles
18th Mar 2008, 16:24
I've got to the point now, where i'm consitently passing the Air Law portion of the Air Quiz exams.

After a worrying start - 55%, 52% & 50% - i hit the books like a madman and made sure i fully understood each subject; namely working out QFE & QNH levels etc, and Airspace classifications. Pleased to say i'm now getting in the 80% range.

I've heard the Air Quiz exams are harder than the real exams; is this true?

But back to my main question - Are the AirQuiz exams a good indication of your current understanding, i.e should i book the exam soon?!

Many thanks.

coodem
18th Mar 2008, 16:29
I assume you are talking about PPL exams? If so, I would aim to get closer to the 90% mark, tha way you have a much better chance of passing first time. Just spend a few more hours and no doubt you will be there.

KandiFloss
18th Mar 2008, 17:19
Hi

I have used Airquiz for Air law, Aircraft technical and for Met. I have to say that it was fun to practice, but it is not really an accurate reflection of the type of q's that you will get on the exam papers. I had a big shock up call after using AirQuiz and then sitting the real air law paper as I don't think it really helped me.

If I was you i'd buy myself an up to date PPL Confuser (which helped me more), as this is much more realistic.

18th Mar 2008, 17:44
For revision, I used Airquiz throughout my PPL exams in conjunction with the PPL Confuser. I found that generally, the Airquiz exams were a bit harder than the actual PPL exams.

But what I would say is that I found a lot of the questions in the PPL exams to be very general to the extent that they were vague or ambiguous. So you do need to have a very good understanding of the course material to work out exactly what was being asked for in some instances.

If you haven't already got a copy of the PPL Confuser, I would recommend that you get yourself a copy. The Airquiz questions are very black and white where as the Confuser will give you questions in a similar format to the PPL exams.

Good luck with your exams!

Put1992
18th Mar 2008, 19:39
I would try the confuser and try and get close to the 90% mark

Pilotpaul787
19th Mar 2008, 17:15
I used a mixture of both OAT'S PPL confuser CD & the AirQuiz exams. In my opinion the Airquiz exams seemed slightly more relistic to the actual exam but I would still use a mix of both. I would only take the exam once I was scoring 85 percent or more everytime and as close to 100 % as possible.

Paul.