PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Europe/CityJet Cadet Pilot Programme

Joffyh
18th Mar 2008, 11:45
Has anyone else applied for this programme?

Good luck to everyone who has :)

Alann
18th Mar 2008, 18:07
Hi Joffyh!

I've also applied! I can't wait foe the email stating if we're on for the next stage or not...!

Hopefully see you there ;)

Joffyh
18th Mar 2008, 23:13
Yeah I know what you mean! When did you send your answers?

Alann
19th Mar 2008, 05:24
I sent it the 11th of february.

Delta Golf Mike
20th Mar 2008, 13:36
Hi guys,

I applied too. I sent my answers in last week and I am waiting to hear about the next stage. Did any of you guys hear back from them?

Best of luck :ok:

DGM

Joffyh
20th Mar 2008, 15:08
I sent mine last week too. As Alann says he sent his answers back in February it would seem they're putting several cadets through at different times, when I applied for the scheme it said applications opened in March.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them, stage three is getting closer!

Alann am I right in thinking you applied for the CityFlyer scheme?
BA CityFlyer/Jerez Training Scheme (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307769&highlight=cityflyer)

Alann
20th Mar 2008, 17:13
Hi Joffyh!

I meant March! My mistake!! :p

I actually applied to the cityjet scheme!

Joffyh
20th Mar 2008, 17:27
Oh OK well that makes sense

Sorry small mistake there :), I meant to say did you apply to CityFlyer as well as this CityJet programme?

Martyn hobbs
21st Mar 2008, 09:55
I've applied to, I wonder when FTE will get back??

kianus
25th Mar 2008, 16:24
Did anyone get a mail today? I was invited for Phase 3 1th of April.

XH588
25th Mar 2008, 18:10
I sent my stage 2 on March the 7th and am still waiting on a reply. Makes you wonder if it got through and all...

Wing_man
25th Mar 2008, 18:41
I received my confirmation for stage 3 today and am over the moon, time to brush up on my mathematics :ok:

<W-M>

Joffyh
25th Mar 2008, 19:43
I'm still waiting too XH588 :\

Can I ask the guys who got through what FTE/CityJet have said is involved at stage 3?

XH588
26th Mar 2008, 23:17
Success. I have been accepted for phase 3.

Joffyh
27th Mar 2008, 11:54
I got through too, can't believe it. Very nervous all of a sudden :sad: If interviews and aptitude tests are next week, anyone have any idea what might be in store at stage 4 for those who are successful?

I'm going up on Friday 4th, anyone else for this date? Good luck :)

Dondon
27th Mar 2008, 17:24
Hey guys, as I've already got a place in FTE, I will only need to do the interview. I will be in 3rd of April. Anyone else? The first interview, as far as I know, is a personality based interview rather than a technical one. I was told that there is a second and final interview at stage 4, but whether this includes a sim-check I'm unaware of.

Good luck!:ok:

Alann
28th Mar 2008, 17:50
Hi guys!!

I'm accepted too, I'll be in London on the 4th of April at 9AM!

See you there Joffyh!

Best of luck for everybody.

Alann

kianus
28th Mar 2008, 18:11
Well I had to turn it down since Im doing my military service in kabul the selected dates. Too bad, but I guess there will be another round soon :)

Wing_man
29th Mar 2008, 01:28
Anyone on the course before the 3rd of April?

dreamliner81
30th Mar 2008, 17:46
Hi All,

I am going to Phase 3 on Friday at 9 am!

best of luck!

Joffyh
30th Mar 2008, 18:14
Alann I've got mine at 12:30 on Friday so I don't know if I will be seeing you.

Good luck to yourself and everyone else :ok:

Dondon
30th Mar 2008, 20:21
Hey guys, just to clarify...

Are most of you alrady accepted to FTE? For people that will go through phase 3 interview... how are you preparing?

Cheers

Joffyh
31st Mar 2008, 16:43
I haven't been accepted to FTE. I can't speak for anyone else that has applied but it would some people have been.

Smiler737
1st Apr 2008, 16:26
Hey guys, anybody else going down on the 3rd April???? Also do you know wat they mite be expecting from the interview, EG - Technical, or just a personality assessment??

Wing_man
2nd Apr 2008, 14:05
What can you guys tell me about the package cityjet has to offer? its a little difficult to find the relevant information.

Cheers and good luck with selection to all those involved :ok:

Martyn hobbs
4th Apr 2008, 17:31
What did everyone think of the Interview/tests?

Alison was very nice and easy to talk to/ be interviewed by.

I think (as always) I could have given more in the Interview, lots of good things I could have added but didnt!

Good luck to everyone for the next Phase!

Smiler737
5th Apr 2008, 16:39
Snap, why is it, as soon as you walk out of the interview room, you think of something amazing to say, but by that time its too late....

It was a very relaxed interview, and yes, Alison was very welcoming.
Good luck to all that applied!!!

Dondon
5th Apr 2008, 16:43
Interview was very relaxed! Mine took about 50-55 minutes. Alison did mention that it will take 1.5 to 2 weeks before anyone gets an answer.

Has anyone applied to the Flybe scheme with FTE?

Good Luck :)

Wing_man
6th Apr 2008, 05:10
Yes I applied for the flybe scheme however was turned down.... :ugh:

Good luck guys :ok:

Dondon
6th Apr 2008, 19:34
Hey guys,

Does anyone actually know what kind of deal successful cadets will get? What is the current starting salary for CityJet cadets?

For Phase 4, the airline deals with the interview. I can imagine it's 2 or 3 Captain/HR member mixed panel that will grill ya with questions!

chileconcarne27
6th Apr 2008, 23:21
Hi guys,

A bit of a heads up for stage 4 (if it's anything like the phase 4 i went through with the City Flyer scheme) is that it's on person from HR and we had the Ops manager/piloty person, and yes, it was a one hour grilling - drink the one glass of water slowly or you'll run out in the first 15 mins!!!

There were lots of questions about why you joined that scheme in particular, what you've already done to further your career as a pilot, why you would make a good F/O, lots of competancy based questions so make sure you've got examples at the ready for these sorts of scenarios:

- Excellent customer service
- A time when you have stood up to a senior member of staff
- A time when your authority has been challenged
- A time when you have been part of a team, not necessarily the leader

.....etc etc etc

Make sure these examples are on the tip of your tongue, but if you can't recall anything, tell them you'd like a minute to compose your answer and then come out with it, no point in fluffing your interview for the sake of 30 seconds.

hope that helps! best of luck to you all and hope to see you in the sunny south of Spain very soon.

Chile

Dondon
11th Apr 2008, 16:23
Thanks for the description chile! I'm pleased to say I'm through to the final phase of this selection. Has anyone else heard anything from FTE/Cityjet?

Good luck!

Martyn hobbs
11th Apr 2008, 16:36
I'm through too, what day did they ask you to go on?

Im down on the 22nd April.

Wing_man
11th Apr 2008, 20:21
Congratulations guys, I have not yet heared anything - fingers crossed anyway.

Good Luck :ok:

Dondon
11th Apr 2008, 21:17
Good to hear guys! Good luck for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet. I've got the interview the 21st, very early in the morning!

I think 30 applicants were interviewed. There are 10 places for cityjet cadets apparently. 1/3 of a chance basically, not bad!

It's not looking too bright for CityJet though! Not looking too bright for any airline now though :eek:

//D

dreamliner81
12th Apr 2008, 11:58
Good luck guys!

I have my final interview on the 21st at 1.30!

Martyn hobbs
12th Apr 2008, 16:24
Dondon- Do you mean 30 people were interviewed at phase 3?

If so, do you mean that ALL 30 people got through to the final phase 4??

Joffyh
12th Apr 2008, 17:47
Martyn

30 people were invited to phase 3 based on their answers to the questions at phase 2. The number of people to get through to phase 4 all depends on their results/performance at phase 3.

I was at phase 3 and still waiting to hear back...

Dondon
12th Apr 2008, 18:51
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough.

I was told that 30 people were interviewed at phase 3. I do not know how many of us have made it through to phase 4. I think that whoever "ticked all the boxes" will be given a chance to present themselves to the airline at phase 4. Can anyone else confirm this?

Dondon

AviationRelation
16th Apr 2008, 23:04
Just foun city jet cadet sponsorship . So i am guessing i have missed it completely? How often are they taking on?

Joffyh
16th Apr 2008, 23:41
I'm afraid so, well for this round anyway. CityJet took on some students last Autumn through FTE, this is the first one this year. If it's a continuous thing then I'd say you're looking at a minimum of around 6 months till the next one...I stand to be corrected though!

XH588
17th Apr 2008, 08:31
The last intake was October and then March so you should be able to extrapolate from there. I'm still waiting for a phase 3 reply...

Martyn hobbs
17th Apr 2008, 09:31
XH588- Have you tried ringing FTE yet to ask them directly?

I've had problems before with emails getting lost between me and FTE (unfortunately!)

XH588
17th Apr 2008, 18:15
I shall email them. I get the feeling it won't be good news because I would have expected them to phone me. It can't hurt.

Joffyh
18th Apr 2008, 10:40
I didn't get it :(...ah well life goes on!

Good luck to everyone for Stage 4 and to those who get through, have a great time :ok:

Dondon
19th Apr 2008, 23:06
Sorry to hear joffyh! What are your plans now? Did you get some kind of feedback from them?

Regarding phase 4, I don't think there is a group exercise on this day. I believe that it is just another interview. Does anyone know anything different?

dreamliner81
24th Apr 2008, 09:37
Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it is only thursday but this wait is killing me!
good luck again guys!:ugh:

Martyn hobbs
24th Apr 2008, 10:25
Not heard anything yet, I was told we would hear friday so roll on friday! I still cant help checking my emails every 5mins just in case though!

Good luck guys n girls :ok:.

OUASrules!
24th Apr 2008, 14:36
I got it.... I can't believe it! Has anyone else heard yet? Looking forward to getting down to Jerez now!

Dondon
24th Apr 2008, 22:20
Congrats!

Still haven't heard anything. They did say Friday, so hopefully I'll get the call tomorrow. Has anyone else heard from FTE and Cityjet?

When are you starting, June or July course?

Fox_one
25th Apr 2008, 12:46
Hi guys!

Congratulations to all those accepted!

I got a place, I'm very happy! Just got to get the loan sorted and then I'll be on the July Course. If Tony (guy from Glasgow) is on here-it was nice to meet you on the day mate and hope you've got in too.

Would it be a good idea to start a facebook group or similar to share tips/problems in the run up? I've literally got 1001 things to sort out before July!

Matt

OUASrules!
25th Apr 2008, 17:30
Congrats mate!

I got the nod yesterday but still don't know which start date I've got....

Any idea how many of us there are?

Matt

Fox_one
25th Apr 2008, 19:45
Thanks mate. I was told there were 10 places but not sure if they all got filled.

I haven't got a start date either but hopefully I can go in July. Carmen is ringing me back on Monday with some more details.

Have you been out to Jerez for a look? Sounds fantastic :-)

chileconcarne27
25th Apr 2008, 19:51
Well done guys!

Looks like some of you may be joining us in June (three of us starting in Jerez on the BACF course).

PM me if you have any initial questions. Make sure you start your 'to do' list early, and cross off as much stuff as possible early on.

Chile :ok:

olioli
26th Apr 2008, 13:09
Halloo Irish/French friends.

I'm out in July on the BA CityFlyer scheme - how many of you CityJet guys are there? Someone said not everyone has heard back yet.

Good luck

OUASrules!
26th Apr 2008, 16:23
olioli - so far I gather it's two of us, although CJ did say they would let everyone know by Monday at the latest. We also find out on Monday what course we are on (June or July).

Good luck to those who haven't heard yet....

Matt

V25
27th Apr 2008, 18:08
Hi guys.

Congratulations to everyone that made it! FTE called on Thursday to say I've been accepted! :)

Matt (Fox_one) - Glad to hear you got in, it was nice to meet you too!

I've not been out to Jerez yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance at the beginning of May though.

Tony

Dondon
28th Apr 2008, 10:01
:D
So I finally got the call...

Carmen: "the reason I have (not) called you is because you have been successful in the Cityjet scheme"

I could not believe it, it's been a HORRIBLE wait since thursday! Hope to see you out there in July guys! For anyone who still hasn't visited Jerez, it's a great place!

Good luck for anyone who has still not heard anything from them. :)

OUASrules!
28th Apr 2008, 12:17
Well done mate! I feel for you though - that must have been a painful wait!

Look forward to seeing you in Spain!

Matt

Dondon
28th Apr 2008, 12:54
Well done to you too!
I know this might be too early, especially since we don't know which course we will be given, but I've created a facebook group called 'FTE July 2008 Course' for all the students. :8 As I'm aware, this will be a mix between ba cityflyer, cityjet and self sponsored students. correct me if i'm wrong.

I thought it would be good to discuss what to sort out etc. before we get there!

Well done everyone who tried out for cityjet's scheme.

chileconcarne27
28th Apr 2008, 13:26
Dondon,

Good idea about the Facebook page. Are some of you definitely starting on the 30th June as us BACF guys are? I think most of you will be a month behind us, probably starting end of July.

Not long to go now really...see you lot out there!

Chile

Fox_one
29th Apr 2008, 11:38
Well done Dondon, god that must have been a long, nerve racking wait. I missed the call on thursday and couldn't phone them back until Friday and that was hard enough. Must feel good now though!

Well done on the facebook group although I did a search today and couldn't find it....any ideas?

chileconcarne27
29th Apr 2008, 12:00
I couldn't find the Facebook page either. Would be nice to see what everyone looks like before we go.

Apparently it's 27 degrees out there and the pool still hasn't been filled!!

Dondon
29th Apr 2008, 15:44
Hey guys, the facebook group is there, but the odd thing is that it is not showing when you search for it. So I deleted it and created another one, and the problem persists.

I have contacted Facebook. If you pm your email/facebook alias I can invite you to the group.

Cheers!