PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Warbirds Over Wanaka...Anybody?

NDB Alpha
12th Mar 2008, 10:48
So anyone keen on a few "quiets" on the Saturday night after the Warbirds Over Wanaka airshow (you know a real airshow that stands a better than avergae chance of being a fantastic event unlike that :mad: that was the Hamilton fiasco)??

Anyone??

Wombat35
12th Mar 2008, 19:13
I'll be around if you want a look in the DC3...

Most of the Kiwi guys live here ..

http://rnzaf.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=general

for more info...

Enjoy the show it should be a great one this year... lots of VERY interesting toys :} :}

I wish
13th Mar 2008, 07:14
I'll be there fore shore.

I16
13th Mar 2008, 08:41
Mrs I16 was with me at the first Warbirds on Parade, Easter 1988 - we have not missed one since.

.....every second Easter .......... then it must be Wanaka NZ for a few days. :cool:

slackie
13th Mar 2008, 08:46
Am working the event again...not sure of arrangements for Saturday night...no doubt we'll be in town somewhere!!

Have only missed 2 shows since 1988...kids were both born in April '98 and '00...bit of bad planning!!!!!;)

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2008, 00:00
Any PPRuNe'rs going to Wanaka this Easter??

Does the NZ 'Chapter' have a favourite 'watering hole' over there.

Have been promising myself to go for a few years now, and this
Easter, myself and elder son will be enjoying the show.

Cheers:ok:

Griffo:ok::ok:

slackie
18th Mar 2008, 00:21
Nothing official...but check out http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=317742

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2008, 03:09
Thankyou 'Slackie'...

Hope the weather is nice, and your beer is cold!

Cheers:ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2008, 03:15
Have been promising myself to come over for a 'few' years now....

Myself and elder son will be there for the duration......

Hope the weather is warm, and the beer is isn't!

Cheers

Griffo Perth WA :ok::ok:

p.s. Thanks Mr slackie for the redirection...:):)

tinpis
18th Mar 2008, 03:53
The only reason I'd go back .Nummy Bluff oysters http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/oyster2.jpg

NDB Alpha
18th Mar 2008, 04:23
OK.... venue "Shooters" (on the waterfront)... out near the balcony (if you can get there)... Saturday night... 8:30pm... wear a hat!!!:suspect:

TechCons
18th Mar 2008, 04:33
I'll be there with Mrs Techcons for the duration - will keep a lookout for fellow Ppruners.

NDB Alpha
18th Mar 2008, 04:35
OK.... venue "Shooters" (on the waterfront)... out near the balcony (if you can get there)... Saturday night... 8:30pm... wear a hat!!! In fact I'll be there most nights from now on!:ok:

empacher48
18th Mar 2008, 07:12
Bugger, I'd love to be there, but I'm working through the whole weekend, at least our long term forecast shows that it'll be a good weekend for it! Enjoy it for all those going! :)

I16
18th Mar 2008, 10:31
Saturday night it is - hard hat or soft cap? ....don't want to arrive over dressed!

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2008, 16:21
G'day Guys and Gals,

Well I don't know about a 'hard hat'....

But if yas spot a l'il ole fat man wearing a 'RACWA' cap...

I'll buy ONE OF YOU a beer! Or two....Or three.... Or.....

Cheers, Griffo:D:D

AirSic
22nd Mar 2008, 08:12
I was there......where were YOU!

Travelled all the way from WA....only took 25 hrs due to Air N Z "tech defect", other than the pilot speaking funny.

Did the FO NZ176 make it?

We are having a FAT time-that's OZ for WOW!

Warbirds over Wanaka.....very well organised, very professional, a sight to behold, the authorities in OZ could learn a lot!!!!!!

Congratulations to all....well done!!

Pity about the "Shooters"....we was the only ones there it seems.:{

:ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
22nd Mar 2008, 08:37
Well I dunno Guys/Gals....

Like Airsic and others......Only travelled for what seemed 'ages' to the 'Mecca'
of Aviation in the 'Pucifuc'.....

Had a really GOOD TIME...Met a lot of very nice like minded peoples - Aviators - but NOT at the proclaimed 'SHOOTERS'!

Didn't see a lot of hats...only two other blokes with - and that was 'Airsick' & 'Windwood', a new member!

Looked around - and NO other 'Pruners' in sight!!

Boo Hoo.

Carried on regardless.......:ok::ok:

And, to 'Wombat', the '3' was magnifico...Best Compliments to Capt. Andrew Hope Esq!!

Best organised event I have ever been to! BIG congrats all round!!

Cheers, Griffo:ok::ok:

slackie
25th Mar 2008, 20:45
Yeh...I didn't make it to Shooters...by the time we were outside (somewhat later than the agreed time!!) the queue stretched most of the way back to the aerodrome!!!

I16
30th Mar 2008, 10:44
Back home tonight - what a great weekend - got caught up at Capriccio [table 12] on Saturday night.
Sorry to not make Shooters but the queue out the door and up the road to the balcony was OOTQ at 20:30