View Full Version : Bahrain Air

Da Do Ron Ron
17th Mar 2008, 09:45
Did a trip on 2B over the weekend to Bahrain and back.

Out of DXB there was 23 pax, chocker coming back to DXB last night.

Service was pretty good and no real delays although there were some really worried faces when the gear was raised/lowered as the noise was pretty bad.

With the average one way fare (not counting taxes) of BD5 this gives a max revenue from Economy of BD1500 (if full).

Obviously some other sector fares are higher but my question is will they survive with these fares ?.

Icarus
17th Mar 2008, 17:23
Never mind the noisy gear! If you can pull 1500BD from 5BD fares on a A320, when I went to school that equates to 300 passengers onboard!

Now that's scary!

Desert Diner
17th Mar 2008, 17:56
The 5BD fares are to introduce the people to the new airline as an alternative to the dirty toilets of GF. Fares will increase as loads go up. The Saudi startups are doing the same thing.

2B may actualy thrive as a lower cost alternative on the short hops around the Gulf.

Sal-e
17th Mar 2008, 18:34
The toilets BECOME dirty because people use them. Unless 2B's pax don't use toilets, they'll have clean toilets. What does this have to do with GF? That was a little from left field. Do you have a bone to pick with them? Back off a little, matey.

Fat Clemenza
17th Mar 2008, 19:28
IMHO, Bahrain Air will not remain taht cheap for too long. Their cost base is way too high for a "low cost" airline, targeting the business segment can only make costs increase. And in order to really catch business travellers, you better come up with real quality service and especially high frequencies, somthing Bahrain Air is unable to provide for right now due to their fleet size

Desert Diner
18th Mar 2008, 05:38
The toilets BECOME dirty because people use them. Unless 2B's pax don't use toilets, they'll have clean toilets. What does this have to do with GF? That was a little from left field. Do you have a bone to pick with them? Back off a little, matey.

No bone to pick with GF. I even fly them when I have to.

It just the generaly held view by people that have flown on GF that the interiors of their planes are crap. And yes, their toilets are filthy. Better take of your rose colored glasses.

If is attitudes like yours that have made GF the backwater of ME aviation. Even Saudia's planes are cleaner.

Piece of advise there matey: Stop attacking criticism, listen, learn, and for heaven sake's clean the interiors.

Sal-e
18th Mar 2008, 05:47
Ok blame it on the little guy then. Good criticism ill aimed. My point was this thread wasn't about GF, it was about 2B. You came out of left field to bag GF. You MUST have a bone to pick. I don't have rose coloured glasses. I see GF's aircrafts simply as old. Coupled with some shabby engineering, you get shabby interiors. But not for too much longer. We lose two A320s and gain four plus two A321s this year. Hopefully, the days of shabby interiors will be a thing of the past.

Desert Diner
18th Mar 2008, 06:48
My only sore point with GF is their shabby planes. Why MUST I have a bone to pick with them?

The whole existence of 2B is the current state of GF. The future of the two is not isolated from each other.

hasoon
18th Mar 2008, 07:25
hello all.if i hold A320 type with zero hrs on type can i get job with them dose any one know ??

Mechanical Backup
8th Apr 2008, 17:17
No you need experience on type. So try to get some hours as soon as you can..about 500 hours should be enough.

good luck

Desert Diner
9th Apr 2008, 09:56
GF has made a number of announcements over the years:rolleyes:

With this regard, I share the values of people living in Missouri:=