PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods v John Travolta

ampan
17th Mar 2008, 00:58
Having just watched Tiger Woods win his fifth tournament in a row, right at the death, I can't see how any passenger wouldn't want Tiger up front in an emergency: This man's ability to concentrate on the job at hand is truly amazing. John Travolta is a great guy, but I'm sure that Tiger, with a wee bit of training, would kill him in the Qantas simulator.

Load Toad
17th Mar 2008, 01:01
Can Tiger Woods dance?

ampan
17th Mar 2008, 01:36
Even in a dance-off, Tiger would win.

PS - In fairness to John T., Saturday Night Fever was shot in 1977: 30 years ago. I'm sure that we can all recall the amazing things that we could do when we were youngsters - and which we can't do now.

G-CPTN
17th Mar 2008, 01:37
I'm sure the KKK could teach him.

ampan
17th Mar 2008, 01:51
This brings up the question of membership at Augusta. It is, after all, a private club. As a private club, they must have the right to decide on membership. As I understand the position, Augusta have always welcomed Tiger as a member, but they resist the notion that any Tom, Dick, or Harry, can bowl up to their doors and demand a place. What the f*ck is wrong with that?

con-pilot
17th Mar 2008, 02:01
As I understand the position, Augusta have always welcomed Tiger as a member, but they resist the notion that any Tom, Dick, or Harry, can bowl up to their doors and demand a place. What the f*ck is wrong with that?

Actually it is any Mary, Jane or Carol that cannot join the Augusta Country Club. Do you have a problem with private clubs? Are you saying that no group of people cannot form a club and only want people like themselves to be members?

As you so stated, "What the f*ck is wrong with that?"

Personally I would never be a member on any club that had any such restrictions. Oops, I take that back, I am a member of a club that is restricted to pilots only, my bad.

Dorfer
17th Mar 2008, 11:59
.............are you a QB? :):)

Dorfer.

BenThere
17th Mar 2008, 13:35
I've been told that the only time any pro golfer is welcome in the clubhouse at Augusta National is during the year he's wearing the Green Jacket.

Long time ago I went to visit a friend who was general manager of the Augusta, Georgia cable television company, normally a position which would establish oneself with extensive community relationships and professional courtesies. (I rode on the airplane from Augusta with THE James Brown). I asked him about getting on the course.

"I can't even pretend to dream about getting on that course, scoring Masters tickets, or ever being a member. It's by invitation only, and invitations are generally extended to 'old money' families high up on the social and economic registers. Membership numbers are very low, and their annual assessments can be extraordinarily huge."

Don't know if this all is absolutely true. Anyone in the know about this?

187nj
17th Mar 2008, 13:48
I met Tiger Woods about 2 years ago while I was working for Nike. He was telling us that his Dad used to play 'concentration and meditaion tapes' to him as a kid.... I think Woods would crush Travolta on the simulator but I think Travolta would easily out dance the tiger..

thank you please